POST GAME Round 25 - Broncos vs Manly

2ndPhase

QCup Player
I wouldn't ... he has been one of our best, most consistent this year
Glenn’s great, I like him. And he has had a good year in my opinion. I would still have a better utility if I had the choice.

Last edited:

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
i'd have the forward rotation as:

8. Lodge
10. McGuire
11. Su'A
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Jr

14. Glenn
15. Ofahengue
16. Fifita
17. Haas
When you look at the quality there, I think its inevitable we end up losing somebody like Carrigan.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Watching our presser and **** I love Wayne Bennett.

Badel: "Wayne, what did you make of the composure of Anthony's game tonight, seemed like he came up with the right plays at the right time"

Wayne: "Is that the same Anthony you were all talking about 3 months ago that he couldn't get the job done, put him at fullback? Is that the same one?"

Badel: *stutters* "oh umm he looked like he was playing in a little bit of discomfort as well"

Wayne: "That might have been that little badge on his jersey that was causing some discomfort, 100 games tonight."

*Mic drop*

Badel must fucking hate Broncos pressers these days. I wonder if Wayne and Paul White compare Badel smackdowns?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Badel: "Wayne, what did you make of the composure of Anthony's game tonight, seemed like he came up with the right plays at the right time"

Wayne: "Is that the same Anthony you were all talking about 3 months ago that he couldn't get the job done, put him at fullback? Is that the same one?"

Badel: *stutters* "oh umm he looked like he was playing in a little bit of discomfort as well"

Wayne: "That might have been that little badge on his jersey that was causing some discomfort, 100 games tonight."

*Mic drop*

Badel must fucking hate Broncos pressers these days. I wonder if Wayne and Paul White compare Badel smackdowns?
Maybe that's why they had a "falling out". White was upset that Wayne's demolition of a shit journo was better than his own.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff

*Mic drop*

there was also another bit (about the 3 minute mark) where Bennett was asked a quest (about Oates contract i think) but he said:

"I spoke about it at length yesterday ... I don't know if you guys read what you write or what, but i've got nothing more to add to what i said yesterday"

lol

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
When you look at the quality there, I think its inevitable we end up losing somebody like Carrigan.
I believe we'll lose a hell of a lot of players over the next 5 years and probably longer. WB and others have pointed out that our current stocks have never looked so strong meaning our overflow will be targeted relentlessly. I myself don't know much about the youngsters coming through now but it appears on the surface that they'll have no place as the current battalion occupies all spots for the foreseeable future. If you're able could jot down a list, maybe Wolfies Ones to Watch. 16 year old's and older.?

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I believe we'll lose a hell of a lot of players over the next 5 years and probably longer. WB and others have pointed out that our current stocks have never looked so strong meaning our overflow will be targeted relentlessly. I myself don't know much about the youngsters coming through now but it appears on the surface that they'll have no place as the current battalion occupies all spots for the foreseeable future. If you're able could jot down a list, maybe Wolfies Ones to Watch. 16 year old's and older.?
I think 1910 would have a better idea of our younger talent than me! Don't get to watch as much as I used to.

Most of the really promising ones are pretty well known anyway. Personally, I'm still amazed Carrigan hasn't got a run. I still think he is the best young forward we have, and I think he will have the best career out of the lot of them.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I think 1910 would have a better idea of our younger talent than me! Don't get to watch as much as I used to.

Most of the really promising ones are pretty well known anyway. Personally, I'm still amazed Carrigan hasn't got a run. I still think he is the best young forward we have, and I think he will have the best career out of the lot of them.
Hopefully 1910 can give us his best of.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff

I think Carrigan is an absolute star in the making from what I've seen as well but he'd be going EXTREMELY well to have been able to produce what Fifita has already shown. From what I've seen so far, Fifita looks like the best of the lot comfortably.

Carrigan and Haas would be next in line followed by Su'A...and Su'A is a gun.

I doubt the Broncs hold on to Flegler but I think they will manage to hold on to Carrigan, even they end up moving on a McGuire, Glenn or Mago if need be. I wouldn't be surprised if TPJ ends up somewhere else eventually as well.

Alec

International Rep
Carrigan is a lock, is he? Maybe it'll be between him and TPJ long term. If TPJ stays, he might go.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I think Carrigan is an absolute star in the making from what I've seen as well but he'd be going EXTREMELY well to have been able to produce what Fifita has already shown. From what I've seen so far, Fifita looks like the best of the lot comfortably.

Carrigan and Haas would be next in line followed by Su'A...and Su'A is a gun.

I doubt the Broncs hold on to Flegler but I think they will manage to hold on to Carrigan, even they end up moving on a McGuire, Glenn or Mago if need be. I wouldn't be surprised if TPJ ends up somewhere else eventually as well.
Tbf, he has been going extremely well. He has been superb for Wynnum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter