vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read between the lines, what Cam is doing is very, very clever.

He's opening a dialogue with the refs that places the storm as victims, thus ensuring he can call on the refs, or have some power over them, going through the finals. He's also taking the heat off the loss.

This is what the great captains and coaches do.

Yep. We milked it in the game and now he's milking it in the media. Old cam smith just has to be the alpha.

Fox reporting Knik to replace Arrow on the bench.. hopefully just WB getting some miles in his legs before the finals?

hope Macca's ok.. Wadell and Fai apparently pretty ordinary in ISC last wknd (only from what I've read)

Cameron Smith and ethics and milking

please

Just re-watched the game, that officiating in the second half was just blatant as to trying to get the Storm back in it, absolutely disgraceful.

Taking my old man to this game. It's his first Rugby League game since he took me to my first one way back in 1994. He's never been a real fan of Rugby League (obviously) but seems to have mysteriously got on board this season.

It's going to be a bit awkward because the old man is a bit hard to get along with, but anyway, here goes nothing. Happy Father's Day.

Side note: That Cameron Smith kicking thing was not much in it really, he was being held down by a Burgii who was blocking his vision. I'd say the winning argument to the "spirit of the game" issue he has is definitely all the paper bags of money he has under his bed.

So you might have a new story to add to your thread about new fans being born :takdir: If it's as good as the last one I'm looking forward to it.

OFFICIAL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd

2. Corey Oates
3. Tom Opacic
4. James Roberts
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:
14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Tevita Pangai Jnr
16. Jai Arrow
17. Alex Glenn

Last edited:
No Nikorima

Last edited:
I think Arrow is more valuable against the Rorters than Niko. I love the kid, but we need the size.

Having said that, regardless of the team we field if we don't win in a canter, I'll be PISSED.

I'm looking forward to schooling the chooks...
I remember toweling them up last year in the prelim and man did I have a good night that night...
I have a vague recollection of standing on the table in my courtyard after the full time siren swinging my Broncos jacket around my head (a-la Kevin Sheedy) shouting "Lets Party" after the match :)

Last edited:
No TKO or Cordner, we should flog them.

3 weeks in a row naming the same team. Surely thats a new record this season!

Should be an easy win for the Broncos at home. Might be a good opportunity to give the young forwards more minutes to see how they go.

Last edited:
Based on last week's results we should account for the Roosters. Bit of a danger game though, as they've got nothing to lose.

With Mad Monday just around the corner, they may well be willing to throw the ball around more than usual.

As others have pointed out they have some big outs from our last encounter while we are finally at full strength and look to be cohesive again. Cordner ripped us up on that edge last time. Without him being such a threat I'm not sure Copley will be afforded as much time and space.

Last edited:
Will be a much different story this time. For one we aren't fielding a pop gun forward pack.

The only half decent front rower I can see that doesn't have a contract next year is Moa. Hopefully our young guys can smash him and show that we don't need to buy anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Midean
  • Santa
  • johnny plath
  • davidp
  • Brotherdu
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • Xzei
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.