POST GAME [Round 27, 2024] Broncos vs Storm

I think his running game has came leaps and bounds in the last few years but it's something that only has value coming off the bench against tired middles, because he is completely outclassed in general passing ability and decisions by Mozer who has to start next season.
He's bog ordinary ball in hand. Rookie Mozer makes him look like the P-Plater he is.

If Kevvy doesn't start with Mozer next year he's taking the piss. Billy should be a 14 and is fast enough to be cover for an injured back and we can then have 3 forwards on the bench.

I can now see why 9 dumped Voss as a commentator. He's a biased prick who can't bring himself to say a positive thing about the Broncos.

Kevvy had a chance to give Karapani another game of experience but instead played Oates. We are shit because we give players a start on sentiment and not on performance.
In a meaningless game, it was the right thing to do playing Gary.

Well I'm glad I was on a plane coming back from work and unable to watch that shambles.

Missing Walsh, Staggs, Mam, Haas, Piakura, Willison and others (Reynolds, Carrigan, Baker, Oates, Rogers) looked completely battered. It just seemed like a case of let's get through this 80 minutes without requiring off-season surgery.

The bench was clearly the highlight. The forwards clearly wanted to make a difference and that passage before and after half-time was one of the few positive moments. It's just a shame Marty threw that speculator and Kobe wasn't wise to it.

I thought it was interesting to see Kevie close out the game with Mozer and Te Kura. Both got plenty of minutes out there and clearly are going to be a big part of the club moving forward if the Broncos have their way. Still not sold on Te Kura just yet, getting fended off by halves doesn't exactly scream intimidating so he's a complete work in progress.

Otherwise it was just a repeat of last week. Kick and chase was largely poor, Reynolds kicking game was noticeably off. Hardly anyone bent the line and just when the Broncos had opportunities they'd turn it over with bad mistakes. If the Broncos hope to move on, a few players had to have played their last game for the club tonight - that was awful.

Missing Walsh, Staggs, Mam, Haas, Piakura, Willison and others (Reynolds, Carrigan, Baker, Oates, Rogers) looked completely battered. It just seemed like a case of let's get through this 80 minutes without requiring off-season surgery.

The bench was clearly the highlight. The forwards clearly wanted to make a difference and that passage before and after half-time was one of the few positive moments. It's just a shame Marty threw that speculator and Kobe wasn't wise to it.

I thought it was interesting to see Kevie close out the game with Mozer and Te Kura. Both got plenty of minutes out there and clearly are going to be a big part of the club moving forward if the Broncos have their way. Still not sold on Te Kura just yet, getting fended off by halves doesn't exactly scream intimidating so he's a complete work in progress.

Otherwise it was just a repeat of last week. Kick and chase was largely poor, Reynolds kicking game was noticeably off. Hardly anyone bent the line and just when the Broncos had opportunities they'd turn it over with bad mistakes. If the Broncos hope to move on, a few players had to have played their last game for the club tonight - that was awful.
If there is one thing that worries me about Te Kura it's that he hasn't shown Ticker to match his size, he has this overwhelming physical advantage and outside of crash plays you don't really get to see it used, he is still a work in progress with his body for sure given the stage of his career but the ticker is questionable.

I miss a Broncos Middle who is just an angry ****.

There is understandably going to be so much negativity about this game and rightly so.

Looking at the very few positives though, Mozer is 100% ready to take this team forward. We can now do a bit of a needed clean out of a lot of deadwood but there is still quite a bit to build around, just need to get those pieces right. Horsbrough and Welch would massively help but more than anything, we need out players to be healthy.

But I don't know man, I'm not going to be surprised if all these guys are not there next year:
- Cobbo
- Oates
- Taupau
- Baker
- Hetherington
- Walters Sr
- Walter Jr

The roster is massively out of whack, thanks yet again R&R team.

There is understandably going to be so much negativity about this game and rightly so.

Looking at the very few positives though, Mozer is 100% ready to take this team forward. We can now do a bit of a needed clean out of a lot of deadwood but there is still quite a bit to build around, just need to get those pieces right. Horsbrough and Welch would massively help but more than anything, we need out players to be healthy.

But I don't know man, I'm not going to be surprised if all these guys are not there next year:
- Cobbo
- Oates
- Taupau
- Baker
- Hetherington
- Walters Sr
- Walter Jr

The roster is massively out of whack, thanks yet again R&R team.
Hetherington was one of our better players tonight. Big Marty had a fair go but happy to say h hi pod bye to the rest.

Mozer looked good again, attack was quicker and more organised when he came on.
I thought Hunt tried hard and was mostly good.
Pat , the poor bugger , had his worst game of the year. Worn down to a nub.
The kicking on early tackles inside 20 is a side which just doesn't have much else.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Harry Sack
  • ettybay
  • Xzei
  • mrtij
  • Galah
  • Robboi_321
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.