POST GAME [Round 27, 2024] Broncos vs Storm

Billy Walters - after Storm thrashing.

Listen (starts at 1min): https://www.listnr.com/podcasts/tri...-walters-defends-dad-coach-kevin-walters-afte

Disagree.

Arthars, cobbo, Mariner all arguably worse that Oates. If you were genuine and didn't have an axe to grind with him, you could be naming any of them. It's not like Karapini has done a great deal to write home about in first grade anyway to warrant being picked.

In all seriousness, I think that's the worst Broncos performance I can remember. And I've only missed a handful of games since Wally Lewis was captain.

I can't recall another game where the opposition were just fucking around and laughing between themselves while racking up 50. That was beyond humiliation. It was being treated as a practice game.

Kevvie, just resign.

Arthars, cobbo, Mariner all arguably worse that Oates. If you were genuine and didn't have an axe to grind with him, you could be naming any of them. It's not like Karapini has done a great deal to write home about in first grade anyway to warrant being picked.
Oates is a great of a club, but that was Mick De Vere circa 2009 tonight.

Not sure what the future holds with Karapani, but if he's going to stick around, I would have rathered him out there tonight.

The good ...mozers service is crisp ..hits the second man on the chest giving a second more speed into the line ..tackled well tonight will be stronger all round next year
Marty is the only forward with leg drive and deserves another year
Mariner will be more rounded next year in defence particularly
Cobbo looked more interested tonight ..wingers wage only
The bad ...Kevin running carrigan into the ground this year he was really off tonight ...and playing hass last week ...
Riki is now borderline 1st grade even hetherington and Hunt where better...
The ugly... Oates defence and hands and total lack of pace sad to see
Baker sailor and Rogers just aren't good enough arm grabbing in defence getting dragged back in every tackle ...our roster is shot for years with top heavy contracts
Massive overs for mam hass pikura cobbo and now Walsh with his demands there is no way out in my opinion for years ...sad really we could be coached much better but nothing changes

I'm an Oates fan. But all year he has shown that he's just lost too much pace to defend as a winger anymore. Karapani is an inexperienced player and any game time would be good experience for next year.

If they wanted to give him a last game he should have come off the bench as a back rower in the place of that dud Baker.

When sailor kicked on the second tackle of that early six again I switched it off. That was the end of my season.
I can’t stand the thought of a riff v Melbourne scum final.

Please Kev resign now the season is over. You are so far out of your depth that each season you chip away another bit of the ‘club legend status’. It’s borderline now where you are beginning to look like a total incompetent fool.

I think that presser can put an end to any of the magical resignation talk. It isn't happening.

The club makes the call or he stays. He won't be walking.
Yep, he is so similar to how JD was, stubborn as a jackass and diggin his heels in. If your board had any sense they would be on the phone to Madge right now.

Thanks Corey Oates. Great clubman and fine player. Probably played your worst game of your career tonight but being the second or third best try scorer in club history counts for something. Best of luck in your future👍

Did he announce his retirement? He was in tears walking off the field 😢

What happened to Arthur’s?

I reckon the season died the moment he dropped that sitter against the Storm earlier in the year. He’s been big average this year, even before his injury
Agreed. I don’t see the love for him.
Gets hammered 90% of time but then again so do most of the squad.
Lost count tonight how many metres we were pushed backwards

Listen, the guy couldn’t even compliment Mozer without adding his golden boy into the same conversation so I have no faith in him that he’ll be honest and open about this season.
Billy’s not going anywhere and will be starting every fucking week next year. This joint is almost a bigger rabble it was with seibold Maybe we should get Brad Arthur as an assistant and get his boys in also. In saying that the youngest one looks like a decent player

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Harry Sack
  • ettybay
  • mrtij
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.