PRE-GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double injury blow at Broncos. Pat Carrigan has jarred his knee and boom teenager Brendan Piakura has strained his hamstring. Broncos coach Kevin Walters is hopeful Carrigan will be OK for Cowboys derby on Sunday.

Aren’t we paying Piakura big $ ?
Haven't seen much from him. 1 game then got suspended and nothing since?
Edit: He has played an entire six minutes for us in top grade.

Aren’t we paying Piakura big $ ?
Haven't seen much from him. 1 game then got suspended and nothing since?
Edit: He has played an entire six minutes for us in top grade.
Signed for 1.2m for 22/23/24
Turns 20 next month.

You would think they would be using a fair bit of caution with Pat after his ACL.
I think it was his other knee he hurt today. I assume that caution would apply in this case. He has his whole career ahead of him and missing a club game or two to ensure his longevity probably wouldn't be a bad idea especially if he is sore.

Signed for 1.2m for 22/23/24
Turns 20 next month.
From memory he was re-signed not long after Walsh left last year. I think the club panicked a bit as The Bulldogs were chasing him hard and the club didn’t want to lose another ‘young gun’.
Its a worry how little football he has played along with a couple of injuries, especially at this stage of his career.

From memory he was re-signed not long after Walsh left last year. I think the club panicked a bit as The Bulldogs were chasing him hard and the club didn’t want to lose another ‘young gun’.
Its a worry how little football he has played along with a couple of injuries, especially at this stage of his career.
Spot on, the stories were we've just lost Walsh now we'll lose Piakura then he was re-signed soon after with a 3 year extension.

Hopefully it shuts teething issue because he does have big wraps on him

A lot of his missed games aren't injuries- ISC has been shut down for 25 games in the last two years that's not including finals.
Didn't he have a sickness at one point last season aswell?

Tedesco had a horror run of injuries to start his career, and now he’s the best fullback in the comp.

Sometimes it’s nothing more than a case of someone having shit luck.

Didn't he have a sickness at one point last season aswell?

I am not denying he's missed games, I have spoken about it a lot but a huge percent is things out of his control.

None of his things have been long term or structural injuries- he knocks himself out misses a Grand Final, he gets Covid, comp gets shut down.

That's just dumb luck that's not him doing his ACL three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • eazy-duzzit
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Pablo
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.