PRE-GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not denying he's missed games, I have spoken about it a lot but a huge percent is things out of his control.

None of his things have been long term or structural injuries- he knocks himself out misses a Grand Final, he gets Covid, comp gets shut down.

That's just dumb luck that's not him doing his ACL three times.
My only concern is he's not the next Wade Graham who knocks himself out every other week because of his play style. Hopefully it really is just bad luck and he's due some better luck this year.

I am not denying he's missed games, I have spoken about it a lot but a huge percent is things out of his control.

None of his things have been long term or structural injuries- he knocks himself out misses a Grand Final, he gets Covid, comp gets shut down.

The disruptive nature of football the last two years wouldn't be helping those fringe players- niggly injuries and concussions- timing and having to re-start again would be causing havoc.

Yeah exactly alot of his niggling injuries/knocks at this point in his career/development would be part growing into his body and playing against men in the forwards.

Another tough game to tip and it's sure to be another close one. The Cowboys looked good vs Canb. whilst the Broncos were awful against the reigning spooners but still managed a W.

Herbie should have a field day against his opposite number (Hiku) who has been a "pretend" first grader his entire career. Holmes schooled Staggs during the trial and along with Hammer is a real danger man.

As much as I hate to admit it, Dearden will be a real factor and IMO is headed for stardom. Keeping him quiet should equal a favourable result, if they don't, it could be a long day.

JT has been copping some criticism from the media lately which inspired a real strong game against the Raiders. Hopefully he is back to his "plodder" self this weekend. Riki and Capewell have been strong defensively but their go forward has been pathetic. I can't split the team's forward packs. They both have their strengths and weakness.

It'll come down to the halves and their respective kicking games and last tackle options. I'll tip the Broncos in a tight one but with little confidence. Neither team are particularly good and both will struggle to be there come September but if the Broncs can start 3-0, their confidence levels will benefit from it with a winnable (somewhat) game the following week. Broncos by 4.

The Cowboys looked good vs Canb.
Good points, but the Raiders arguably played the worst game I've ever seen from them in a long, long time. They are/were also decimated with injuries. No even close to full strength. I guess it's a decent sign NQ put them away, but I wouldn't get too excited over it or look too much into it.

Cows will be coming into this with a lot of "false" confidence. Not saying we aren't either though, cause we are.

Another tough game to tip and it's sure to be another close one. The Cowboys looked good vs Canb. whilst the Broncos were awful against the reigning spooners but still managed a W.

Herbie should have a field day against his opposite number (Hiku) who has been a "pretend" first grader his entire career. Holmes schooled Staggs during the trial and along with Hammer is a real danger man.

As much as I hate to admit it, Dearden will be a real factor and IMO is headed for stardom. Keeping him quiet should equal a favourable result, if they don't, it could be a long day.

JT has been copping some criticism from the media lately which inspired a real strong game against the Raiders. Hopefully he is back to his "plodder" self this weekend. Riki and Capewell have been strong defensively but their go forward has been pathetic. I can't split the team's forward packs. They both have their strengths and weakness.

It'll come down to the halves and their respective kicking games and last tackle options. I'll tip the Broncos in a tight one but with little confidence. Neither team are particularly good and both will struggle to be there come September but if the Broncs can start 3-0, their confidence levels will benefit from it with a winnable (somewhat) game the following week. Broncos by 4.
Can we get the dislike button back?

Broncos are clear favourites to win this game and the whole comp.

Broncos 62 - Cowboys 8

Entertaining post but Hiku is a good player. The idea that he is a pretend first grader is radical imo.

Can we get the dislike button back?

Broncos are clear favourites to win this game and the whole comp.

Broncos 62 - Cowboys 8
Actually they are surprisingly strong favourites to win this game. $1.50 to $2.60. But it will take a lot of hard work and a lot more possession and territory compared to the previous week. Being a home game is a definite advantage. Not too sure about a 54 point margin but I'd definitely welcome it.

Entertaining post but Hiku is a good player. The idea that he is a pretend first grader is radical imo.
Can't run, can't defend, error riddled. Herbie will be liking his chances. Not as radical as one might think.

Can't run, can't defend, error riddled. Herbie will be liking his chances. Not as radical as one might think.

Hiku just needs to remember that Herbie will never ever pass the ball, so if he just hits and sticks he'll be fine.

He can also use the well-known fact that no one at the Broncos actually likes Herbie and drop that into some subtle sledging to throw him off his game.

If we complete above 80% we should romp it home in this game, because that should result in Reynolds having an extremely solid foundation to kick from and we should be able to pin them in their territory.

What I will say about the cows is that they wont beat themselves.... they'll focus on completion rates and scrambling defence, but I'm not certain they have the go forward to match us in the middle (provided Patty is playing as well) and as a result I dont think their kicking game is strong enough to overcome that deficit.

Cows will get their field position from our dropped balls or our penalties.... so to me the ball is completely in our court to win this game.

Completion rates and discipline will determine if we win or not.

Could be wet on Sunday too, which will turn it into a close slog.

Hiku just needs to remember that Herbie will never ever pass the ball, so if he just hits and sticks he'll be fine.

He can also use the well-known fact that no one at the Broncos actually likes Herbie and drop that into some subtle sledging to throw him off his game.
Isn't Herbie popular at the club? I've never heard anything like that but I certainly don't receive inside info. If that's the case, then his defection to the Dolphins won't be a hard choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.