Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It's shaping up to be a hell of a contest.

Sunday arvo footy at Suncorp with no rain, the field is going to be fast and dry. That should suit us more. We have the better backline and more attacking threats, add in Reynolds' game management, that's a tick in our favour. But the problem with these games is that stuff tends to go out the window. Cowboys find an extra gear for us.

The last time we played them on a Sunday afternoon at Suncorp, they flogged us 36-4 and we had the far superior backline/team in that match. That was Round 1, 2006.

I'm expecting to see a big crowd for this one. Anything less than 40k would be a disappointment in my eyes.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

Sunday arvo footy at Suncorp with no rain, the field is going to be fast and dry. That should suit us more. We have the better backline and more attacking threats, add in Reynolds' game management, that's a tick in our favour. But the problem with these games is that stuff tends to go out the window. Cowboys find an extra gear for us.

The last time we played them on a Sunday afternoon at Suncorp, they flogged us 36-4 and we had the far superior backline/team in that match. That was Round 1, 2006.

I'm expecting to see a big crowd for this one. Anything less than 40k would be a disappointment in my eyes.
Confirmed, the Cowboys extra gear.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Two NRLW games are on beforehand if people want to make a day of it.

Broncos girls play second at 12:45pm.

There’ll be roughly an hour then before NRL kickoff to duck out and have something to eat or drink

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019

I actually think we may start to excel in wet weather footy. We have all aspects needed to be a good wet weather team. We have good forwards that can generate momentum and a great kicking game to control field position. The rain prevents widespread ball movement which would prevent the opposition attacking our edges which I still think are a little weak.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015

Hope so. This is a marquee fixture. Has some good history behind it too.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Are masks mandatory at the game, or will there be forty thousand new cases a week from Sunday?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Are masks mandatory at the game, or will there be forty thousand new cases a week from Sunday?

Masks aren’t mandatory but a vaccination certificate is.

They checked everyone at the Rabbitohs game.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Hiku just needs to remember that Herbie will never ever pass the ball, so if he just hits and sticks he'll be fine.

He can also use the well-known fact that no one at the Broncos actually likes Herbie and drop that into some subtle sledging to throw him off his game.
Were just lucky Herbie isn't captain because none of the boys will follow him out the tunnel

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Kotoni:

“I am keen to get back to my best again. The last two years, I feel I’ve let my teammates and the Broncos fans down. At my worst, I didn’t want to go to some home games because I felt so bad letting everyone down."

“The injuries wore me down and it got to a point where I wasn’t enjoying footy and I didn’t want to be around the place. I would watch the game and when the guys are going through a tough time with results, I hated it … just sitting there not being able to contribute. I’ve had some bad luck against the Cowboys, but my knees are feeling good at the moment — touch wood — and this season is my chance to repay the Broncos.”

Koko

“Deciding my future was huge. It was a close call. The Knights were really keen. I almost did leave to go there, but when I thought about going, I looked back to my time as a kid and I had set my dream to play for the Broncos. I didn’t just want to walk away from that. I’m glad I stayed at the Broncos and I don’t regret the decision at all. It was the right call.”

“I want to win a comp here, 100 per cent. That’s why I play the game. I’m not playing just for fun out, we’re all playing for the same thing and that’s to win a premiership. The Broncos Old Boys were lucky to have a great team that won a lot of comps and one thing on my bucket list is to win a grand final with this club. I believe I can do that with the team we’ve got.”

McHunt

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Another tough game to tip and it's sure to be another close one. The Cowboys looked good vs Canb. whilst the Broncos were awful against the reigning spooners but still managed a W.

Herbie should have a field day against his opposite number (Hiku) who has been a "pretend" first grader his entire career. Holmes schooled Staggs during the trial and along with Hammer is a real danger man.

As much as I hate to admit it, Dearden will be a real factor and IMO is headed for stardom. Keeping him quiet should equal a favourable result, if they don't, it could be a long day.

JT has been copping some criticism from the media lately which inspired a real strong game against the Raiders. Hopefully he is back to his "plodder" self this weekend. Riki and Capewell have been strong defensively but their go forward has been pathetic. I can't split the team's forward packs. They both have their strengths and weakness.

It'll come down to the halves and their respective kicking games and last tackle options. I'll tip the Broncos in a tight one but with little confidence. Neither team are particularly good and both will struggle to be there come September but if the Broncs can start 3-0, their confidence levels will benefit from it with a winnable (somewhat) game the following week. Broncos by 4.

You didn't even watch the Raiders game, or you're trolling.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Its a small thing but having the auslan interpreter for these interviews is a huge indication of the improvements our media team have made.

Not just any either, he's like the dude that pops up for every sign language event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • barker
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.