Round 3 - Broncos v Roosters - Post Match Discussion

Is Hoffman actually left footed? I mean, it just doesn't look right does it? But that kick he put up that Minichiello dropped was great. It stayed up forever.

Seriously, the 2013 Broncos would have got flogged in that game and lost the previous two.

They have exceeded my expectations, the Stooges sig may be on it's way out..

Truth!

Some (most) of our efforts last year left a sour taste in my mouth all weekend. Definitely not the case tonight.

See how good Hunt can play when others take some responsibility as well?

Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Two starting props and our best back in Hodges who also happens to be our co-captain and even though we lost by 4 we missed 6 points from goal kicking. We did extremely well.

Hodges needs to take Reeds spot. What was with Barba defending in the front line I think 2 times?

EDIT: Take it up in staff chat, not here.

Baiting

hoffman just needs to get it into his head that he's there to set up tries now and not score all the points. there's guys outside him who will do the scoring, he's the one that didn't want to be the one scoring tries on the wing, so pass it to vidot already and be a 5/8th

i think barba is warming up for a big game soon, he's still settling in and tonight we saw a few little glimpses of his x factor. he was deemed to be our savior this year and he hasn't done anything yet but we are still playing good, so when he does hit his straps, look out.

Proud of the boys, but totally heart broken. Our attack is absolutely shithouse.

Proud of the boys, but totally heart broken. Our attack is absolutely shithouse.

We just put 26 points on the defending premiers. Our attack is not the problem..

fucking devastated. I seriously thought we had that already won. **** looking at positives right now, i just want to break shit.

I said at half time if we lost from there I'd be happy. We were so strong and determined, attack looked more threatening and defence was tops

parker needs to give hunt the kicking tee, Hoffman still isn't passing and reeds defence is shocking. Reed should of told the defence line to slide and he didn't and 2 tries went directly through him

we should have won but we got to give some praise they played so well

hunt and thaiday equal man of the match

Curious: What did people think of Kennedy this week? Haven't been super impressed against Dogs/Cows.

Was mildly shirty with him after that knock on first up, but thought he had his best game for us so far. Committed more to his runs, and I don't believe he got pinged for any of his efforts in defence. New benchmark for him (with hopefully more to come).

I don't mean this as an attack on Barba but aside from the Dogs game he's been pretty shit this year (by what he can do). Whilst we still have Hodges to come back, I reckon Barba hitting his straps will be just as big a boost. The fact that we'll get both later on this season will be massive. Not premiership worthy, but it should be fucking exciting to watch.

Barbas shit play is a direct result of our poor dummy half and half service. No more no less

I think we have more improvement in us than the Roosters.
Proud of our effort, I said early in the week if Hunt improved again this game I would be happy and he has done that.

Hala went straight up the tunnel with an arm or shoulder problem and I don't think he returned to the field

Active Now

• Santa
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Mister Wright
  • The Don
  • NSW stables
  • pennywisealfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  • Rowdy124
  • Maroon4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.