Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

With lodge back, it would be possible to run niko at hooker. I think his speed and passing service would be better

Last edited:
New poster here, hate it to be a negative first post but honest question, what would it take for Macca to get dropped? I can’t stand it any longer.....how are we expected to get it done on a consistent basis with this guy? He almost gets dragged 10 meters every tackle “it’s what he’s supposed to be good at”, almost always takes the wrong attacking option, don’t get me started on his castard passes lol is that a joke? It’s the number one thing you should be able to do as the 9.

Nice to meet you all, I promise I’m not a negative person. Plenty of exciting time ahead with this young group.... minus Macca

Losing to a field goal from Corey cuntface Norman is really painful, but we absolutely deserved the loss more than the dragqueens deserved the win.

While we were lucky with the way we scored our tries, I am liking the attacking structure being built by Seibold, but I am afraid we won't be a contender until we have someone capable of organising and controlling a game.

That piss poor attempt at a field goal (forget the dreadful execution) with tackles in hand and the clock running out, was some of the dumbest footy I've ever seen practiced... pretty much at the level of Inglis' field goal when he needed 2 points to tie the game.
Not only did Isaako miss, but we gave the opposition just enough time to get down the field and nail us with seconds to go on the clock.
This is absolute proof that we lack leadership (Boyd, Macca) guidance (Milf, Kodi, Macca, Boyd again) and a fucking footballing brain between the lot. No way we lose the game in those circumstances with Locky or even Peter Wallace in the halves.

Everyone knows my thoughts about the 1, 7 and 9, but while we have no obvious solutions for the hooker conundrum, the same cannot be said for the fullback and halfback.
I still think Kodi would kill it from the back, as long as we had someone in the 7 capable of organising and steering the team around, which would also liberate Milford to do what he does best, and showed flashes of again today (best Bronco imo btw).
Boyd and Isaako can fight for the wing spot as far as I'm concerned at this stage, because Oatesy's butter fingers are well and truly compensated by his tries and carries off our line.

It's incredible how solid our right side looked as soon as Gillett went back there. He just isn't a lock, and once Lodge and Haas are back, I reckon Ofa should go to lock and Gillo back where he belongs. Gleen can fight Su'a and/or Fifita for his spot IMO.
I might even give Gillo a try next to Milf and let Su'a and Fifita play beside whomever is not Niko at 7.

Also, I was expecting this from TPJ after last week's massive game. He was quite poor in his first stint, got better with time, but still shows a lot of immaturity, like his shooting off the line, missing Korbin and compounding it by opening the hole for him to score a try.
Without him barnstorming it, we definitely lacked go forward from our middles. Can't wait for Lodge and Haas to be back.

With lodge back, it would be possible to run niko at hooker. I think his speed and passing service would be better

I have scoffed at the idea for the last 5 years when it's been mentioned, but at this point I think it might be worth a crack. We would obviously lose a great defensive player in the middle, but I think it might almost be worth it for the added running & crisp service out of dummy half. It can't hurt to try, put it that way. Give S.O.S a crack in the 7 jersey.

I'd also be willing to try out Kodi at Fullback which is another one that gets thrown around a lot, I think it's pretty clear that the current configuration isn't going to be a premiership threat, we need to spice it up.

Last edited:
Definition of insanity- doing the same things over and over again expecting a different result.

“Broncos keeping our 1,6,7 and 9 intact because of “experience” :BangHead::BangHead:

No way we lose the game in those circumstances with Locky or even Peter Wallace in the halves.

giphy.gif

The positive to take away from this game is that we didn't let the Dragons run riot over us and blow us away on the scoreboard. The effort was there, we got ourselves back in the game and got ourselves in a position to win but poor execution and errors cost us.

If we fix those, we'll be alright.

What you’re saying isn’t wrong, but asking fans to be ok with not being belted by a 0-2 team at home is a stretch.

Same problems still exist, poi
I have scoffed at the idea for the last 5 years when it's been mentioned, but at this point I think it might be worth a crack. We would obviously lose a great defensive player in the middle, but I think it might almost be worth it for the added running & crisp service out of dummy half. It can't hurt to try, put it that way. Give S.O.S a crack in the 7 jersey.

I'd also be willing to try out Kodi at Fullback which is another one that gets thrown around a lot, I think it's pretty clear that the current configuration isn't going to be a premiership threat, we need to spice it up.

Boyd's not getting moved from FB anytime soon, been living of 2011 form and Inglis' offloads for too long, his tap on the shoulder is well overdue, time to find a new source of income because you are a fucking shit footballer mate and you are not worthy of the jersey nor the captaincy you hold, you are worse than Thaiday in terms of leadership and spokesmanship.

Just try something different to macca at 9 and niko at #7. the fans are willing to be patient

Just try something different to macca at 9 and niko at #7. the fans are willing to be patient

From this thread, clearly they are not. The Broncs played horrid but still should have won had Isaako held the ball and they not stuffed up everything about the drop goal attempt.

The side lacked any semblance of polish and dropped everything including a proverbial kitchen sink. Still, they could have and should have won despite having no right to be in that position.

Sieb’s structures were becoming clearer. The halves were actually quite good in attack (terrible in defense) and people want them punted.

Boyd was improved without being great, people want him to retire. TPJ tried hard but just couldn’t reproduce last week despite being very good still.

The calls to replace Macca are accurate and growing louder all the time but this side is building. People do need patience but are not accustomed to knowing it or showing it.

What a change in attitude and mentality has a week done to our team? It seems to me that we still have the genes of previous years. Will produce diamonds one week and rocks the immediate next week. Absolutely no consistency at all & it's sad that this hasn't been corrected in the pre-season. It might still be R3 but the signs are written all over. Nothing changed which, is a pity. No leadership AT ALL.

I do not understand why does Boyd rushes forward and then throws his hands in the air without tackling let alone touch the opponents carrying the ball? I am very positive that teams playing against us will definitely bind this into their game-plan. Run hard at Boyd but take a side step while you're running at him so that he will throw his hands in the air and boom we run past him and score the try. A must have gameplan for opponent teams. Mikaele'e try would've been stopped had Boyd attacked his upper body rather his lower. Boyd to me is playing soft. Doesn't want to put his body on the line. Wonder what he's teaching Isaako (is it the plan though?) to replace him once it's time.

As per Isaako - is it the same bloke of 2018? Dear oh dear! He's opposite to the player he was last year. Missed tackles, bombed try's, silly errors and most importantly -miss conversions. Don't know who & how to get his confidence up.

Macca - I only wish we have a genuine option in our top 29 (not sure what's going on with Turpin). Tackling alone doesn't win premierships. He's slow and lethargic around the ruck. Wonder why the brains at Red Hill hasn't figured this out long ago.

As per Anthony.S - he pretty much knew what he was getting into at the Broncos but the most intriguing part to me is - is he willing to making the changes we all wanted to be executed at 7 & 9? Or will he take the same route as Wayne and be persistent in sticking with Kodi at 7? In my opinion, Kodi has to be super-sub like in 2015 and we MUST find a genuine 7 very quick. Rest all will fall into pace automatically (barring the stupid and silly errors).

Last edited:
This was a bumbling mistake ridden performance,. Milford showed some spark tonight , but really we are sub standard from dummy half to six. We will probably win our fair share of games this year but I just can't see us troubling the top teams too much. We need an overhaul. What is it with Milford kicking regularly on the 4th tackle when we are still in our own half.

It's not really an enjoyable experience to watch the Broncos play footy at the moment. If you're just watch how James Maloney or Mitchell Pearce steer their teams around you realise what we are missing . How would Boyd go at six and Milford at fullback?

Last edited:
We were rocks and diamonds last night. The start to the second half was terrible but then we produce two near perfect sets and score the Glenn try, like wtf.

And then the stupidity in the last minute

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.