POST GAME Round 3 - Storm vs Broncos

I can't do the second team thing... I hate every team that aren't the Broncos

Nah neither, **** em all. But especially **** the likes of Melbourne, the Rorters and Merge. Can't stand the *****

Defence great, attack ... there is none. Ad hoc pass and hope. Structure & organisation MIA. That's a lot of the reason our halves suck. The club needs to look at getting someone who knows what they are doing to coach our attack.

Damn I miss 2015

The Cowboys attack was great in 2015 when JD was coach. But that's because he simplified their roles..

The same doesn't appear to be happening here.

In the lead up the Storm try, one of them lost the ball in the tackle. The pocket ref was right there...

Would anyone be against starting Herman from now on? We need more metres from our starting forward pack, he's averaging 165 metres per game over the last 2.

8. Ese'ese
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Pangai Jr
15. Sims
16. Glenn
17. Arrow

My thoughts, our 2015 D is back.

Some really emotional stuff here atm but I've been saying since the second half of the 15 GF, if we keep playing like this then we are always open to some bullshit piece of luck beating us and usually it's teams with the best closers that get us.

I am tired of watching the Storm wrestle their way to victory but other coaches, particularly Bennett should be shouting about it every week in the media.

The whole laying a bit longer in the tackle "dominant" bullshit is supposed to be earned by "dominating" but Melb do it every tackle whether they dominate or not. The refs are just so used to it, it's become Melbournes style and no one, be it refs or the NRL has the nuts to take it on. They would lose the penalty count by 20 every game but we can't have that as it's a bad look.

I would kill to see our halves take it to the line and have a forward hitting a gap especially close to the tryline but we seem to be all about the collision.
We have no plan B. When Melb were so obviously reading our second man play and crunching us we had no answer. A Thurston or Cronk would have used that to create something or at the very least put doubt in the defenders mind.

Still, it's early days and hard as it is to watch the effort is there in spades if the execution isn't. The good news is we can fix the execution.

Yeah same here. I mainly just tune in out of habit these days.

The refereeing wasn't good but Sutton didn't make us drop balls.

Last week wasn't good. Not the fact that we lost but that it went down exactly how the NRL and the media wanted it too. What are the chances of the exact same two teams playing in extra time five times in a row?

It's zero.

While I don't think its a conspiracy to say that it's all completely above board is simply not true.

Back on Melbourne, it reminded me of the first game in Townsville last year. When we got to a lead we didn't get a penalty for the rest of the night. It's bullshit. I think we got one penalty in the second half tonight.

I'm more pissed off about the number of errors. Same shit as last year and Bennett doesn't seem to be overly concerned. He needs to wake the **** up.

It is not mathematically possible alone. No other 2 clubs have had this shit happen to them.

There is something very dodgy going on. Remember, Nth Qld were involved in match fixing back in 2010 with the Bulldogs and also round 26 against the Roosters back in 2009. They're a real **** of a club.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-...gues-fixing-and-betting-controversies/7472420

So, why was Slater such a **** tonight just quietly? He seemed so hostile towards Boyd for absolutely no reason.. Does he think that he's marking his territory by acting tough? "I'm the Queensland Fullback, and don't you forget it!"

Grow up Billy you fuckwit.

Billy has always been a **** tbh. You've nailed it though, he's trying to mark his territory. Twat

He wasn't in any position to offer anything. We were on the back foot all night.

I don't think Wayne could have predicted the game would turn out the way it did when he made the selection.

I'm still wondering why the heck we hired him in the first place. Storm seem to have plenty of players straight out of the ISC. We have three teams and keep buying players in.

So, why was Slater such a **** tonight just quietly? He seemed so hostile towards Boyd for absolutely no reason.. Does he think that he's marking his territory by acting tough? "I'm the Queensland Fullback, and don't you forget it!"

Grow up Billy you fuckwit.

Him getting selected over KHunt back in the day was bull shit. Just lmao at people calling him the best ever, he'd be Tedesco in a regular team (without smith and Cronk): brilliant highlight reel, but limited in passing, suspect in D, and a candidate for a brain explosion.

I don't get why hunt and milf don't attack together on same side of field, it was so lethal in 2015. And hunt never runs a blind side play anymore. Is Bennett capable of coaching a team to attack?

There are only two pleasing things to come out of that game.

1. Our defence was superb. Even though we never should have had to make that many tackles because of the rubbish calls from the ref especially when we were trying to apply pressure.

2. Nearly every time we were in the Storm 20, we scored. One of those tries was taken away from us which was absolute bullshit. The other time we lose the ball. But every other time, we got points.

The Cowboys attack was great in 2015 when JD was coach. But that's because he simplified their roles..

Nope - there are no roles that I can see.

What's not happening here is that it seems none of our backs knows their role in a working structure. For mine, tonight, Hunt and Milford were just playing ad hoc, no purpose, no point. As I said, we are playing pass and hope football and that will never win the crunch games against a disciplined defence like the Storm

It's still early days though.The thing that is concerning is the lack of shape... I thought I read somewhere that this was an area identified by coaching staff. Having our starting props making 50m probably isn't helping but there seems to be timing issues also.

from memory the Cowboys had a slow start in 2015. it takes game time for a new game plan to gel. if we keep defending like we did tonight, we will win more games than we lose

The officials clearly didn't have their best night, but I'm just surprised that after conceding 12 penalties, nobody from the Broncos was sent to the bin. If he felt like the Broncos were deliberately giving away penalties, then it seems odd that he wouldn't bin a player.

He was totally going to use it, though, no foolin'...

A deterrent that everyone knows you are never going to use because you never use it isn't much of a deterrent.

We have a deadly back row that never gets used to hit holes. They are Only used for hack work (usually get smashed on first contact) and covering our halves in defence.

I don't get why hunt and milf don't attack together on same side of field, it was so lethal in 2015. And hunt never runs a blind side play anymore. Is Bennett capable of coaching a team to attack?

This. So much this.

Clearly, we didn't get Bennett for his coaching prowess in attack. Defence yes, excellent, attack, umm, no.

Active Now

• Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.