Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Anthony Milford you amazing little shit.

Oh ****, what a game. I thought Broncos had lost it for sure..

Ben Hunt.. What the **** was he thinking? Why kick so early in golden point?

It looks like Milford has lost just a tiny bit of speed. He didn't seem as fast for his try.

Nerve wracking game, and I hate that I had no confidence that we'd win it over the last twenty or so minutes of regulation. Just a lot of poor execution and bad fifth tackle options. Thought it was going to be the GF all over again. I'm hoping it's just early season jitters, and they get some confidence and cohesion moving forward.

Glad Roberts finally had a break out game. Love Milf. Just love him. And McGuire. I thought Maranta was great coming back from injury, and honestly I think it's going to be tough to push him back out when everyone is fit again. He's not the flashiest or most skillful player but he puts so much in.

I'm at a loss as to Bennett's strategy, to be honest. I don't understand why, if you are going to take penalties, play largely conservative football, and try and defend small leads, you sit McCullough down and play Nikorima for the last thirty-odd minutes of the game. I like Kodi and I think he offers something off the bench - but it sure as hell isn't the defense to close down a game. I think Bennett's strategy would work great if he had a game manager in the halves, and hopefully Hunt or Milford develop into that, but at the moment they're not quite there. Lockyer could close out a game like that with a deft kicking game and knowing exactly when to chance it. If you're going to play that style, I think McCullough offers far more at the back end of a game then Nikorima does. I even think he could be first choice kicker in that period - deep and towards the sidelines, not grubbers and short kicks to waiting fullbacks and winger. I'd be bringing Nikorima on ten minutes either side of the half, and it's McCullough otherwise. It's just frustrating to watch at the end when teams pull us back in.

What's the rule on Eden touching the ball while out? I thought for sure the Cows would get the ball back after that. Happy they didn't, of course...

Last edited:
got away with a win. but seriously the cows were robbed on 3 occassions.
the praise for the bunker in the first 3 games has lost all credibility tonight. sub standard!!!

What about Gilletts try, does that count as being robbed?

I didn't think Morgans pass to Feldt was forward but the touchy was in line and I think there was a 1 metre obvious forward pass from Thurston to Tamaulolo in the lead up.

Thurstons no try at the end was a good call. Sent up as no try, Eden touched the ball while he was in touch slightly before JT picked it up and JT definitely used the ground to control it even though the retard Bronco hating Alexander swore black and blue he didn't lose control. Thank **** he is not in the bunker.

What about the Cows doing a Roosters and giving the penalty inside 20. Kostjaysen 3 times I think and Warren Smith tries to explain why it's not a prof. foul, fucking please.

Overall you just can't say the Cows were robbed, it was one of those games either side could go back and point out hard calls.

Last edited:
Stoked to win that one. Has Mif ever missed a field goal? He's ice cold.

That said, Hunts kicking game is atrocious and a major concern. It's probably the worst kicking game out of all the 7's on the league.? I don't know if we can win a premiership unless there is a massive improvement there.

We are very lucky to have McCullough 40/20 kicking. Milfs field goals but yeah Hunt is mostly miss. He'll pump out a 60 drop out but shank some really simple ones. We could do with a more consistent goal kicker too. We've lost games through goal kicking. To be honest Hunt should work on nothing else but 5th tackle kicking until he gets it sorted.

I was joking when I said that :P

But on a serious note, we can't just sweep his first month of footy under the rug because of his last 2 seasons, he hasn't played 4 worse games since he's taken the reigns than the 4 to start this season. That's an alarming sign, whether it's lack of confidence or something else, it's an issue that needs addressing by Wayne. We won't win the comp with him playing like this.

It's four weeks into the season. He is entitled to be rusty and under confident after the GF.

FFS he has been phenomenal for 2 years and you want to through him under the bus after 4 average games? Unbelievable.

part of me maybe thinks hunt might need some tough love . maybe told his spot in side is not guaranteed.

maybe then he will stay behind in training and do nothing but practice kicking . all kicking,short,long grubbers, Everything.

he needs to take the cooper cronk mentality. not the most naturally gifted but bloody good and solid just from constant hard work

It looks like Milford has lost just a tiny bit of speed. He didn't seem as fast for his try.

Seemed pretty quick setting up Roberts try!!! JT only laid a hand on him because he was running at an angle (for his own try)

Last edited:
After that game it think the Broncos have a lot of improvement left in them. Some easy fixes and some players to come back. To still be winning , I think we're traveling ok.

Can these two teams turn it on or what?!?!

Quite a few mistakes but didn't make it less exciting.

Hunt's kicking game is a worry and Milford's wasn't great either (what was that grubber towards the end!) but he made up for it every where else.

Lamented the penalty goals but we wouldn't have won without them. Scoring a try is never guaranteed.

It's four weeks into the season. He is entitled to be rusty and under confident after the GF.

FFS he has been phenomenal for 2 years and you want to through him under the bus after 4 average games? Unbelievable.

His kicking game has never been anything special though, never shown much improvement, and has gone backwards big time this season, thus far. It's a big concern mate.

I would rather see his kicking game improve more so than his running game, or any other facet of his game. Its what we need to compliment Milf. It's killing us at the moment.

I was joking when I said that :P

But on a serious note, we can't just sweep his first month of footy under the rug because of his last 2 seasons, he hasn't played 4 worse games since he's taken the reigns than the 4 to start this season. That's an alarming sign, whether it's lack of confidence or something else, it's an issue that needs addressing by Wayne. We won't win the comp with him playing like this.

Wayne will address it by picking him every week and waiting for the cream to rise. Hunt will come good and with a 3-1 start there is no need to worry.

I don't even think got into top gear, but he really started to accelerate just before he got ankle tapped.

In what world is a professional athlete "entitled" to an extra month vacation at the start of the season? I know he's been phenomenal in his last 2 seasons, I just said that. And I'm not sure which part of my post is me throughing (Throwing?) him under the bus. Please enlighten me, I'm just saying he needs to be accountable for his performances, like everyone else in the team.

Also, Alex Glenn was awesome in moving us forward. But had some sloppy moments in defense.

Milf was great...

It's concerning how much Morgan tears us up though... He just seems to find and extra 10% v us...

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • Lostboy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.