vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was glad to see the Raiders won against Tigers today. Last thing we need is them coming up to Brisbane coming off an upset loss.

Hope it's a nice hot night in Brisbane and we'll see how the green machine fair after their 5 day turn around. I'm confident we'll win this one, though I'm terrified of the thought of us losing - if that makes any sense. It's just so important that we win this one. If we win then we can take pride in our last 2 closely fought defeats. If we lose then... shit... we aint real contenders.

As the team said themselves - ( It will be a good test for us to play the 4 best teams from last year in the first 4 rounds as to get a bearing as to where we are at.) So, we pretty much know where we are at now, but god dam we need the 2 points this week.

I think we'll win ugly, like we did against the Sharks, and I'll take it. But geez.. I hope the boys come out with some unexpected polish and flare for this one. Bring that courageous defense but win this with game the ball as well! Please :superhappythumbsup:

Was glad to see the Raiders won against Tigers today. Last thing we need is them coming up to Brisbane coming off an upset loss.

Hope it's a nice hot night in Brisbane and we'll see how the green machine fair after their 5 day turn around. I'm confident we'll win this one, though I'm terrified of the thought of us losing - if that makes any sense. It's just so important that we win this one. If we win then we can take pride in our last 2 closely fought defeats. If we lose then... shit... we aint real contenders.

As the team said themselves - ( It will be a good test for us to play the 4 best teams from last year in the first 4 rounds as to get a bearing as to where we are at.) So, we pretty much know where we are at now, but god dam we need the 2 points this week.

I think we'll win ugly, like we did against the Sharks, and I'll take it. But geez.. I hope the boys come out with some unexpected polish and flare for this one. Bring that courageous defense but win this with game the ball as well! Please :superhappythumbsup:
Also the Raiders will be coming up against a quality side. That would be us. When Thurston and Storm win by such narrow margins just shows how tough we are to get over. Don't think we've found our rhythm yet. But our defence is coming along. No offense to the Tigers but don't think Raiders had to test themselves.
I honestly don't think Canberra are of the calibre we've just faced.

This is the team we need I think:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Sims
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Arrow
15. Ese'ese
16. TPJ
17. Fai

They have a monster pack, we need to fight fire with fire. The thing is, their forwqards are massive but don't really tire out. They also have a possibly even bigger bench that keep that power coming. This is one of the two sides that have a bench better than ours. I just don't think a utility works in this game.

I'm not focused on the margin of a win or showing flare because the points are available regardless and margins can actually be a false indication of where a side really is, for me it's cutting out the glaring simple mistakes with the ball in hand we have been making that especially against the Storm that have really hurt us in our last two matches. Defensively I think we are getting there but still room for improvement.

As for the bench I got no problem with a 4 forward selection against the Raiders, I would still expect at least one of those to be capable of playing in the centres in a worse case scenario.

I must be old too, worst start to the season by Bronco standards? LOL 1999 now there was a terrible start to a season by Broncos standards.

I'm not focused on the margin of a win or showing flare because the points are available regardless and margins can actually be a false indication of where a side really is, for me it's cutting out the glaring simple mistakes with the ball in hand we have been making that especially against the Storm that have really hurt us in our last two matches. Defensively I think we are getting there but still room for improvement.

As for the bench I got no problem with a 4 forward selection against the Raiders, I would still expect at least one of those to be capable of playing in the centres in a worse case scenario.

I must be old too, worst start to the season by Bronco standards? LOL 1999 now there was a terrible start to a season by Broncos standards.
Yep, one win and one draw in their their first ten games before a thirteen game unbeaten streak propelled them into eighth spot. And that was with a star studded lineup who romped to the premiership the year before. If this side starts 1-8-1 in 2017, they don't have near the talent to dig themselves out of it.

Going to be a healthy crowd at this one. Just bought tickets and there's a lot of sold out sections.

The Raiders are entertaining and always attract a crowd

Not a gimme by any means. Raiders have got a solid squad, mean forwards and dynamic backs.

That said, we do have a pretty good record against them, particularly so up here.

We're looking like we're finding that urgency in defence that we had in 2015, which we're going to need.

If we can out the pressure on them early and get out to a lead, they've got a few players (Leilua, Rapana, Wighton and now Taylor) who you can rely on for a brain fade coming out of their end.

Aggressive kick chase, hard defence, and wait for the Hail Mary offload from one of the aforementioned bone heads.

Managing our bench versus theirs will be key also. Paulo and Boyd unchecked can cause some real damage for them to run off the back of. Need to ensure we have fresh defenders available for when we need them.

Not a gimme by any means. Raiders have got a solid squad, mean forwards and dynamic backs.

That said, we do have a pretty good record against them, particularly so up here.

We're looking like we're finding that urgency in defence that we had in 2015, which we're going to need.

If we can out the pressure on them early and get out to a lead, they've got a few players (Leilua, Rapana, Wighton and now Taylor) who you can rely on for a brain fade coming out of their end.

Aggressive kick chase, hard defence, and wait for the Hail Mary offload from one of the aforementioned bone heads.

Managing our bench versus theirs will be key also. Paulo and Boyd unchecked can cause some real damage for them to run off the back of. Need to ensure we have fresh defenders available for when we need them.
Will Pangi be right to go ?

Am I the only one that thinks this might be a fairly low scoring game?
I can see the final scoreline being something like 20-18...
Hoping I'm wrong.

Am I the only one that thinks this might be a fairly low scoring game?
I can see the final scoreline being something like 20-18...
Hoping I'm wrong.

As long as Milford sets up all of the tries and Roberts scores again, preferably more than once, I'll be happy.

I think this could be a low scoring game. Sort of a sloppy one to get back on track.

As long as Milford sets up all of the tries and Roberts scores again, preferably more than once, I'll be happy.

I think this could be a low scoring game. Sort of a sloppy one to get back on track.

Haha you and your Jimmy obsession. I know your insidious agendas here...

My money will be on first points to come via penalty goal.

Oates to score first in the 8th minute and rapana to be a salty shit bag all game.

Sportsbet will only give me $1.21 on that multi.

Would just like to point out that Dave Taylor is listed at 131kg on the Raiders website..

Is he the biggest man ever to play in the NRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Behold
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Stix
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.