Round 4 - Broncos vs. Storm - Post Match Discussion

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Re: Round 4 - Broncos vs.Storm - Post Match Discussion

Thought we looked a lot better with Hunt at dummy-half as opposed to McCullough. He was very vocal, and you could see how much more organised we were, compared to when McCullough was on the field.

Interesting how long Hook left him on. I hope it forces Macca to lift a bit

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

i just have to say it again WHAT DOES HUNT HAVE TO DO TO GET A REAL GO

He obviously has to reach the nuffie levels of Wallace and Prince.

Samantha Miss

Samantha Miss

Mar 25, 2013
Showed a lot more guts then the previous rounds. Heartbreaking to lose. But what was the difference? A 6 point bullshit try when Thaiday was held back in the scrum. Poor refereeing decides a game yet again!

Does anyone have a hoff update?

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012

I've said it before on here, Hunt is an absolute gem of a player and needs to be given some opportunity. IMO Prince needs to go and Hunt slot in at halfback, I've never wanted Prince at all since we found out he was coming. I just want to know where was that passing game in the first half?? It reminded me of the Storm and Bulldogs games last year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Shame Hoffman has injured his calf. He was going so well. Our forwards were excellent. A few silly mistakes crept in though. McCullough needs to lift his game or ship out IMO. He was terrible but worked hard in defence. Still need to back it up next week for this weeks performance to matter at all though.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

No he didn't.

I thought he was all good to go. Did hook go with back rower to center again?

i missed the game due to being in Hong Kong

R

radicaljack

BRL Player
Apr 20, 2008

Thaiday finally showed some guts leading from the front and look what happened. It was like a whole different team out there.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I really rate Hunt. We were a much better side with him on the park tonight. I'd still love to see him get a crack in the 7.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012

Wrong one to miss. Watch it asap on nrl.com! We played or hearts out. Bad calls cost us but probably lifted the boys.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Showed a lot more guts then the previous rounds. Heartbreaking to lose. But what was the difference? A 6 point bull**** try when Thaiday was held back in the scrum. Poor refereeing decides a game yet again!

Does anyone have a hoff update?

No I'm trying to find an update, gutted for him he has been brilliant this year.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Thaiday finally showed some guts leading from the front and look what happened. It was like a whole different team out there.

Yeah I gained respect tonight for him as a captain, It's the first time I reckon he really lifted the side through his actions and I think he showed tonight he is capable as a prop.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

to just look at positives.. that was probably the most the storm have been pushed so far this season so we should be proud of that.

Samantha Miss

Samantha Miss

Mar 25, 2013
No I'm trying to find an update, gutted for him he has been brilliant this year.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Thank you! It's great to talk about the game with fellow supporters! They are far and few between in NSW!!!

Hoffman had a blinder! I was first to criticise the move from fullback to wing but he's proving a true spectacle in that position!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

20-12 second half against the premiership favourites. Despite losing 2 players to injury. Can't knock that!

Take out the Slater try from the obstruction and it's 28-26.

Redeemed themselves.

Far from perfect, but they've shown they can do it against the best. Without Hodges. Just need to do it for 80 minutes.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008

Shame Hoffman has injured his calf. He was going so well. Our forwards were excellent. A few silly mistakes crept in though. McCullough needs to lift his game or ship out IMO. He was terrible but worked hard in defence. Still need to back it up next week for this weeks performance to matter at all though.
I wouldn't say Macca was terrible, he just wasn't as good as hunt. Hunt needs to be in the halves ASAP, hopefull after tonight that happens.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well played by the Broncos in the second half and hopefully they'll learn from that poor end to the game, not completing 3 sets in a row. I think Norman showed what value a fullback with some playmaking ability can have.

We could've done with 10 of tonight's points last week....

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm devo that Hoffman is injured, man he has been absolutely great this year since moving to the wing.
I know Reed has copped shit but his defence is just top class and he did set up Hoffy thrice.
Kahu showed some positive signs, maybe he'll nab the wing spot near Hodgo next week?

Stagg being gone for a few weeks might be a good thing, get some other guys a shot in the top grade.

I'm so proud of the effort, a win would've been amazing but a 6 point loss to the benchmark team, that's something to be proud of. We did better than any other team that has played Melbourne to date. That gives me a lot of hope for the season ahead. Thaiday had his finest game as captain, finally showed some real passion in that role.

Next week - I think we should dump Macca to the bench, Hunt to 7, Wallace to 9. I seriously think that needs to happen.

Unread

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Locky24
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • blacknwhite
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.