Round 4 - Broncos vs. Storm - Post Match Discussion

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hoffman injured his calf not sure of how bad it is.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
So which horses are you betting on?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Thank you! It's great to talk about the game with fellow supporters! They are far and few between in NSW!!!

Hoffman had a blinder! I was first to criticise the move from fullback to wing but he's proving a true spectacle in that position!

I've been a hoffy fan boy for a long time, love the way he has taken to the wing and not bitched and whinged (some of the other boys could learn something from him)

Everyone's pretty awesome on here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Actually just remembered, didn't Hoffman look like he dropped the ball in his last try?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Apparently hoffy just calf strain they are not to concerned about it. Good news!

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Actually just remembered, didn't Hoffman look like he dropped the ball in his last try?

Nope.

But the commentators thought there was a bobble. (there wasn't one)

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently hoffy just calf strain they are not to concerned about it. Good news!
God I hope this is true, Hoffman has been playing well on the wing so far this season and I'd like to see him continue that.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
That was absolutely ridiculous, WTF is the point of them previewing the races

Because Tom Waterhouse paid 15 million over 4 years to have the 'naming rights'.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nope.

But the commentators thought there was a bobble. (there wasn't one)

Yeah commentators can say some stupid things at time, like a try Renouf scored for Wigan, momentum carried him over so he was going to score regardless lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
As for Hunt vs Macca at hooker, he looked a lot better than Macca tonight, but he also looked a lot worse in the last 3 rounds. And I'm not what you'd call a big fan of Macca.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thaiday was great for most of the game when he was running direct and hard but late in the second he started drifting sideways again and we struggled to go forward. He should have been taking the first and last hit-ups in those final few sets but went missing.

Slaters second try was an obstruction and has been long before the new interpretation, Thaiday was held in the scrum denying him the opportunity to spread across and slater goes through the hole that wouldn't have been there otherwise. Absolutely ridiculous decision that if left unjustified by Anderson will give the green light to every club to exploit.

Failing to complete the last three sets is bad enough, but when it's through errors from both halves and the captain it's inexcusable. Prince's goal kicking is about all hes been good for so far.

Macca was great in defense and early in the game was exploiting a big gap up the middle which created a couple of line breaks, not sure why they went away from that.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'm so fucking sick of people always pointing fingers and the scape-goating.
Players made mistakes, but they gave their all and deserved more than they got against the cream (still cheats) of the comp.

Norman played well, our forwards aimed up, we put 5 tries on the comp leaders, but I'm sure people will find reasons to dismiss it. FMD :glare:

/Rant

Really proud of the boys. Lost to the cheats thanks to a couple of dodgy tries.
Hopefully this will inject some confidence into the team and especially the halves. Wallace at 9 with Hunt at 7 needs to happen... Now!

B

Brad Miers

NYC Player
Feb 22, 2013
The decisions from the halves in the last 5 minutes was the only dissapointing issue from the night. Ben Hunt deserves a shot at number 7. This is his position as he been made into a makeshift 9 by Bennett and Hook. Scotty played well as did the starting pack. With injuries to Stagg, "It's about time Timu gets a chance"! Thanks team for the great fight back.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Stagg has been impressing me ever since his first mediocre game. Too bad he looks like he might be out for a while.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • lakers133334
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.