PRE-GAME Round 4 - Broncos vs Titans

Please read what was said.

He called him a wanker; not arrogant and not bigheaded.
You're not allowed to say anything bad about ash Taylor on here.... it's become a deadset joke, even titans fans are sick of all the talking he does, particularly about the broncos. And he has steered his club to a remarkable 30% win rate and 1 finals game that he flunked in. Imagine what we'd be calling Milford on here if he was constantly talking about the raiders but had such a terrible record? Why is this bloke untouchable to some of you, it's gotten ridiculous. Seriously...

You're not allowed to say anything bad about ash Taylor on here.... it's become a deadset joke, even titans fans are sick of all the talking he does, particularly about the broncos. And he has steered his club to a remarkable 30% win rate and 1 finals game that he flunked in. Imagine what we'd be calling Milford on here if he was constantly talking about the raiders but had such a terrible record? Why is this bloke untouchable to some of you, it's gotten ridiculous. Seriously...
Huh ? Who wrote you can't write something about Taylor. I just want to see and read what was the evidence for the claims of arrogance. I just don't know where this evidence is and asked to be directed to it. This hysterical approach you have to anyone asking for the facts is what's a deadset joke, not a simple request.

Please read what was said.

He called him a wanker; not arrogant and not bigheaded.
Oh, fine. He called him a wanker, any idea why ? I previously asked Morkel about this supporting evidence and LoilChild then followed up with his wanker claim and spoke for the Titans fans so, as you know what he's referring to, please fill me in as to why he claims Taylor's a wanker.

He wasn't and still isn't ready for the big coin. Plus having Hayne mentoring him telling him he's an OG probably got to his head too. He sits in the same boat as nick krygios, paid on potential and talent rather than results. Who knows he might grow up and become humble again. Or he might have a meltdown and call Wayne for help.

Difference with Kyrgios is that he has actually achieved something in Tennis and has beaten some of the best in the world so he has earned some of that money.

Difference with Kyrgios is that he has actually achieved something in Tennis and has beaten some of the best in the world so he has earned some of that money.

True. He's only just started to pull his head in a little recently so there's hope and time left for ash.

With the rate of penalties blown this weekend it is becoming obvious that the first team to adapt to the play the ball (i.e. When defending, timing their line speed to remain onside and when attacking playing the ball correctly) will have quite a substantial advantage in any game they take part in. It's round 3 and players and coaches are still not getting the message. Whoever wises up first will be grabbing a big march on their rivals. I'm sure Greenberg, Sutton et.al. are desperate to hold a team up as an example of how it should be done. Cameron Smith's sin binning is further proof that they're running a 'zero tolerance' policy until such times as teams adjust. The first team to do so will reap the rewards. WB is pretty astute when it comes to this and is a keen advocate of cleaner play the balls and less nonsense in and around the ruck so I think we're a chance of being that team.

Huh ? Who wrote you can't write something about Taylor. I just want to see and read what was the evidence for the claims of arrogance. I just don't know where this evidence is and asked to be directed to it. This hysterical approach you have to anyone asking for the facts is what's a deadset joke, not a simple request.
Come on now. He talks in the media about how much the broncos wanted him and how he might come back in the future like we will always need him. Pick nearly any article about him. He talks about it, it's not the media pushing it. If that's not self-importance and arrogance what is?
Do you know any titans fans? They are sick of it.
I ask again. If Milford was going on about the raiders with such a terrible win record and no big game wins would you not be pissed off? There's probably more defence of him on here then there would be on the titans forum
Hysterical approach? Haha yep ok, great point about the discussion....

Because professional players have been known to improve over their careers and a decent judge is hardly going to black list them over their performance in 4 games, in at least 2 of which and hopefully 3, he was the halfback for the winning side...

Kodi has not improved, all of last year he struggled and this year he has been even quieter.

Saying that he was halfback for the winning side is one of the worst arguments that i constantly see written around here. Just like the 12 wins last year when he started. Did he have a major influence on either game we have won so far this year? The answer is barely.

Kodi has not improved, all of last year he struggled and this year he has been even quieter.

Saying that he was halfback for the winning side is one of the worst arguments that i constantly see written around here. Just like the 12 wins last year when he started. Did he have a major influence on either game we have won so far this year? The answer is barely.
Did Kodi steal your parking spot or something?

I don't see how his whole career comes down to this game
He meant that if he can't play well against the lowly Titans, then his future is certainly clouded. But he will be safe as long the Broncos are winning, if they hit a rough patch, he will be the first one to get axed.

He meant that if he can't play well against the lowly Titans, then his future is certainly clouded. But he will be safe as long the Broncos are winning, if they hit a rough patch, he will be the first one to get axed.

Thankyou, correct.

I don't see how his whole career comes down to this game

The point is pretty obvious, if he cannot perform against a team like the titans, hes not a halfback. Soft opposition, less line speed, more game running room...its the ideal game for Kodi to take control and show game management and ability.

The point is pretty obvious, if he cannot perform against a team like the titans, hes not a halfback. Soft opposition, less line speed, more game running room...its the ideal game for Kodi to take control and show game management and ability.
Ok now you've elaborated I understand.
In saying that tho, I reckon this is a danger game for us I don't think it will be a walk in the park like some might think. We are going to sorely miss TPJ up front and Oats with his return runs when stuck in the corner. I've always thought Kodi would fire when Milford takes ownership, I see Milford as more of a game manager then Kodi, even tho nether of them are genuine game managers. Kodi has always done his best work around tired defence and running out of dummy half

Milforda 18030821nh

Anthony Milford vows to “back myself” to break the longest title drought in Broncos history

March 30, 2018

ANTHONY Milford says he won’t be pressured into changing his instinctive style, and has vowed to “back myself” to break the longest premiership drought in Broncos history.

On the eve of Sunday’s Easter derby against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium, Milford warned NRL rivals he will continue to attack at all costs — even if he runs the risk of getting “smashed”.

The jury remains out on whether the Milford-Kodi Nikorima scrumbase alliance has premiership-winning quality after the Broncos bumbled through last week’s 9-7 extra-time defeat of the Tigers.

As the highest-paid player in Brisbane’s 30-year history, Milford accepts his $1 million salary means he must deliver more consistently than Nikorima, who is still learning the halfback craft.

Milford’s critics believe he must improve his game-management to become the playmaker who can deliver Brisbane’s first title since 2006, but the Queensland Origin ace is determined to play his way.

“Playing the way I do play has got me to the position I am,” Milford said.

“I’m going to continue to back myself in certain areas of my game.

“The best way I know how to get into a game is to run the ball and get smashed.

“An early touch in the game for me is probably best. I know for me to get into the game, I need to get an early touch.”

That assessment represents a warning signal for the Titans, who are acutely aware of Milford’s attacking brilliance.

In six games against the Titans, he has scored five times — including his two-try demolition at Robina in his maiden year at the Broncos in 2015.

Milford plays his 122nd NRL game on Sunday night, and the 23-year-old says while running the ball is his forte, he has worked hard to add another dimension to his game.

“What has picked up in my game is probably my kicking,” he said. “I’ve taken a lot more responsibility with that and trying to finish our sets in a good position to start our defence.

“It wasn’t an ideal way to start our season against the Dragons but we made up for it against the Cowboys and to get the two points at Campbelltown (against the Tigers) was a big effort.

“The Titans will be doing everything they can to play well at Suncorp Stadium. We will be ready to go.”

Milford will oppose Titans five-eighth Kane Elgey, who returns to his Suncorp Stadium House of Pain.

It has been almost one year to the day since Elgey had his clearing kick charged down by Matt Gillett in the final minute for the Broncos to snatch a 24-22 victory.

“Kane needs to lift his game,” Titans coach Garth Brennan said. “Kane was below his best last week and I need more from him.

“I’ve backed him. I’ve said the No. 6 jumper is yours, so he needs to hang on to it and step up and embrace the challenge of the Broncos.”

Source: Courier Mail

With the rate of penalties blown this weekend it is becoming obvious that the first team to adapt to the play the ball (i.e. When defending, timing their line speed to remain onside and when attacking playing the ball correctly) will have quite a substantial advantage in any game they take part in. It's round 3 and players and coaches are still not getting the message. Whoever wises up first will be grabbing a big march on their rivals. I'm sure Greenberg, Sutton et.al. are desperate to hold a team up as an example of how it should be done. Cameron Smith's sin binning is further proof that they're running a 'zero tolerance' policy until such times as teams adjust. The first team to do so will reap the rewards. WB is pretty astute when it comes to this and is a keen advocate of cleaner play the balls and less nonsense in and around the ruck so I think we're a chance of being that team.

I hope so but think more likely NRL will cave to media pressure and have instructions to go easy on the whistle.

WB’s refusal to not adapt to modern interpretations and tactics such as the wrestle and tunnel ball has been a huge tactical disadvantage. Question is will it work the other way was it ethics or inability to adapt or both.

If these interpretations do hold then big boys like Lodge and TPJ may need shorter stints and more nuanced rotation to manage their fatigue.

So less kicking from Milford this week I'm guessing. Hopefully it doesn't rain because we aren't suited to wet weather football

I like Milford running more, but for that tto happen Kodi needs to start calling the shots more. Be less passive and hopefully that will give Milf more freedom to run.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.