vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope that on the occasions we spin it wide our guys are standing a bit deeper. We have speed and athleticism at least. I really am hoping to see the forwards used better. Please KW, spell Haas earlier. Don't waste him.

I’m intrigued as to the game plan here. I can see certain bits, like Pangai on the edge to try and get in Kikau’s face, but his defence needs to Matt Gillett-level to try and nullify that side.

Riki on the bench, I don’t see why, unless he hooks Glenn. I don’t think Riki can be the pseudo-prop Te’o was.

I would personally run either

8. lodge
9. Turps
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Pangai

14. Asiata
15. Carrigan (prop)
16. Kennedy
17. Bullemor

or the same except

11. Pangai
13. Asiata

14. Glenn

Unless Isaako conjures up another freaky try, this Panthers outfit are looking keen to keep us to zero.
Melbourne and Canberra could only muster 10 points respectively, while the Sea Eagles had 6 points. Cowboys and Bulldogs were kept to NIL in rounds 1 and 2.

Thursday could become the darkest day in our clubs history, but anything below 59 blot would be a win.

Welp, I'm down an outside back for SC this week. That sucks.

I don't think Niu has been particularly bad. I'd drop several people before him. Can't believe that Glenn is still in the starting side and Riki has been benched.

The whole right side has been mud defensively. They all deserved demotion. Glenn stinks but he has at least been making his tackles for the most part.

How are second rowers going to fix our problems in the spine.

We dont have halves to control a game or set up plays. We dont have a ball playing fullback which is basically a death sentence in this day and age. Turpin hasn't kicked on at all.

If you dont prioritise that you condemn this club to years in the bottom 8.
You don’t get it do you, you shed the weight. Lodge, Glenn would cover those players wages.

You don’t get it do you, you shed the weight. Lodge, Glenn would cover those players wages.
Lodge maybe, but Glenn is on next to nothing, especially with his one club bonus.

I really, really hope that Milford has been the defensive weak link in the chain, a la Steve Michaels in 2009. As in, everyone's been covering for him or not trusting him and causing us to appear like we're always defending one short. Imagine if that were the case, and we go back to defending like... an NRL team!

I really, really hope that Milford has been the defensive weak link in the chain, a la Steve Michaels in 2009. As in, everyone's been covering for him or not trusting him and causing us to appear like we're always defending one short. Imagine if that were the case, and we go back to defending like... an NRL team!
That would make sense, but both edges defend like they have never met each other. Can't blame it all on Milf.

That would make sense, but both edges defend like they have never met each other. Can't blame it all on Milf.

2009 looked like that for a while until Michaels was dropped. Just that single weakness had the other defenders unsure, it just took one player to move over to cover and the rest had to move over, causing gaps or overlaps all across the line.

2009 looked like that for a while until Michaels was dropped. Just that single weakness had the other defenders unsure, it just took one player to move over to cover and the rest had to move over, causing gaps or overlaps all across the line.
You are blaming an entire teams defensive structure in 2009 on a centre/winger? And you think now it's the 6? You know Milford only defends on one edge of the field, yeah? I'm pretty sure Dearden isn't thinking about what Milf is doing on the other edge when trying to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • Alec
  • The Boss
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BRC088
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • Thelmus
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.