Not open for further replies.
Niu
Hunt
Tass
Oates
Milford
Kelly

That backline will miss 50 tackles.
On paper it looks more threatening than Thursday nights backline.

You are blaming an entire teams defensive structure in 2009 on a centre/winger? And you think now it's the 6? You know Milford only defends on one edge of the field, yeah? I'm pretty sure Dearden isn't thinking about what Milf is doing on the other edge when trying to defend.

Yep, that is precisely what happened in 2009. It's not even one of my kooky theories, it legit happened. We went from record losses to teams like the Raiders, to being able to hold our own against the heavyweights.

I'm only half joking when I suggest Milford could have been such a burden, especially over such a long period of time, but you just don't know, defensive structure and confidence is so easily affected.

I really, really hope that Milford has been the defensive weak link in the chain, a la Steve Michaels in 2009. As in, everyone's been covering for him or not trusting him and causing us to appear like we're always defending one short. Imagine if that were the case, and we go back to defending like... an NRL team!
Well he hasn't been good. That's for sure. Dearden and croft are good for halfback but nothing special either.
Our problem is our right side in defence. So having one less hole might help with that.
What worries me is there is no one to relieve Turpin and we desperately need it.
Maybe Glenn can go in there and Ricki comes on.
The other worry is an injury to a back. I don't rate Glenn as adequate. Maybe Ricki?
I hope Kennar and Arthur's keep it tight at least. Neither have impressed me all that much but perhaps without Milford the defence as a whole puts more in. It can't do much worse there and if these changes lead to another thrashing? Well it would definitely have been on the cards without them.
I definitely looking forward to seeing how dearden goes. It's all on him now, with croft working his way in. It might be his Sam walker moment. Who knows?
One thing that definitely needs to happen is for Isaako to use that boot of his, along with Turpin.
Milford had one string on his bow with that booming kick. It wasn't always accurate and he was terrible setting up for it but every now and again he would pull of a pearler. That needs to be covered.

Well he hasn't been good. That's for sure. Dearden and croft are good for halfback but nothing special either.
Our problem is our right side in defence. So having one less hole might help with that.
What worries me is there is no one to relieve Turpin and we desperately need it.
Maybe Glenn can go in there and Ricki comes on.
The other worry is an injury to a back. I don't rate Glenn as adequate. Maybe Ricki?
I hope Kennar and Arthur's keep it tight at least. Neither have impressed me all that much but perhaps without Milford the defence as a whole puts more in. It can't do much worse there and if these changes lead to another thrashing? Well it would definitely have been on the cards without them.
I definitely looking forward to seeing how dearden goes. It's all on him now, with croft working his way in. It might be his Sam walker moment. Who knows?
One thing that definitely needs to happen is for Isaako to use that boot of his, along with Turpin.
Milford had one string on his bow with that booming kick. It wasn't always accurate and he was terrible setting up for it but every now and again he would pull of a pearler. That needs to be covered.
Except Milford has been defending on the left the past few weeks, as well as all of last year.

Applaud kev for finally dropping mr. moneybags, just get the feeling there's nothing we can do to prevent what will happen on thursday night.

Luai, Kikau & To'o are going to have a field day. In phenomenal form.

Souths defence is terrible, if Milford goes there to improve his defence he will never come back.

36-20-W
32-26
40-26

He isn't coming back, not unless Dearden or Croft blow an ACL on Thursday night, and to do that they would need to be trying.

Except Milford has been defending on the left the past few weeks, as well as all of last year.
Yeah people keep telling me. I meant to say having one less hole in our defence (as a whole) will help.i need to proof read these things so they make sense.

McGuire, Nikorema, McCullough, Hunt, Blair, Bird, Roberts, etc... wish we had kept them all instead of these expensive 'teen sensations' who are only good against kids. Experience is what we miss and we got rid of it all for the 'future'. Getting rid of everyone at once was dumb. These things need to be done over time.

Could include Bennett in that too...

I am dreading this game.
I seriously believe we could have a 60+ point thrashing put on us if Penrith turn up.

Anyone who still thinks the comp isn't rigged is fucked in the head. Kikau last week, JWH every week, there are a bunch of "enforcers" out there that get a free run simply because of who they play for.

On the other hand, we wonder why our pack is getting beaten despite there being plenty of talent and some big motors. It's because we've been deliberately and systematically neutered by the NRL. From 2016 it was Blair that was penalised and suspended for absolute bullshit reasons, and since he's left the judiciary has gone after TPJ with even more scrutiny. We're simply not allowed to intimidate the opposition for fear of being suspended. I say **** it. Go hard and **** them up, get 10 players put on report, clog up their judiciary system and have a team of high-price solicitors with footage of EVERY incident from other teams that have been let go.

I implore you all to watch the ref and his "10 metres" this weekend. The Panthers are constantly off-side or leaving early, and the refs turn a blind eye. Meanwhile we're being marched 12-13 metres (which equates to an additional 4-6 metres extra PER TACKLE that our pack has to go back and forth) and even if they can get back on-side, it's too late to organise a rushing, dominant defence, and that's not even including the additional fatigue from having to do so. No wonder we seem tired and fragile in the middle.
And just to further the obvious bias... 360 are here talking about whether Frizzel should've been sin binned following a high shot to allow the 18th man to come in.

Absolute crickets about Kiks taking CNK's head off, sending him for a HIA and now CNK is out for 2 months with a bulging disc in his neck.

So apparently NSWRL are ok with that nowadays... well ok if you're a golden child

Anyone who still thinks the comp isn't rigged is fucked in the head. Kikau last week, JWH every week, there are a bunch of "enforcers" out there that get a free run simply because of who they play for.

On the other hand, we wonder why our pack is getting beaten despite there being plenty of talent and some big motors. It's because we've been deliberately and systematically neutered by the NRL. From 2016 it was Blair that was penalised and suspended for absolute bullshit reasons, and since he's left the judiciary has gone after TPJ with even more scrutiny. We're simply not allowed to intimidate the opposition for fear of being suspended. I say **** it. Go hard and **** them up, get 10 players put on report, clog up their judiciary system and have a team of high-price solicitors with footage of EVERY incident from other teams that have been let go.

I implore you all to watch the ref and his "10 metres" this weekend. The Panthers are constantly off-side or leaving early, and the refs turn a blind eye. Meanwhile we're being marched 12-13 metres (which equates to an additional 4-6 metres extra PER TACKLE that our pack has to go back and forth) and even if they can get back on-side, it's too late to organise a rushing, dominant defence, and that's not even including the additional fatigue from having to do so. No wonder we seem tired and fragile in the middle.
I couldn’t love this post enough!

And just to further the obvious bias... 360 are here talking about whether Frizzel should've been sin binned following a high shot to allow the 18th man to come in.

Absolute crickets about Kiks taking CNK's head off, sending him for a HIA and now CNK is out for 2 months with a bulging disc in his neck.

So apparently NSWRL are ok with that nowadays... well ok if you're a golden child
Suspect he might’ve been born with a head injury:

Again, this isn't proof that Milford has been the definitive factor in our defence, just that it has happened in the past.

2009 season:
R13 - LOSS - 4-48 Storm
R14 - LOSS - 22-44 Bulldogs
R15 - LOSS - 46-12 Sharks
R16 - LOSS - 21-14 Eels
R17 - WIN - 28-14 Warriors
R18 - Bye
R19 - LOSS - 44-12 Rabbitohs
R20 - LOSS - 34-18 Titans
R21 - LOSS - 56-0 Raiders
---Steve Michaels Dropped---
R22 - WIN - 30-10 Sharks
R23 - WIN - 58-24 Panthers
R24 - WIN - 12-2 Dragons
R25 - WIN - 16-10 Cowboys
R26 - WIN - 22-10 Raiders
QF - WIN - 40-32 Titans
SF - WIN - 24-10 Dragons
PF - LOSS - Cheating, historically over-the-cap Storm

Whilst we do seem to get the rough end of it from refs I honestly think we have too many mercenaries whos JOB it is to play footy.
They are playing like it's just employment, winning doesn't mean enough and losing doesn't hurt much.
Their primary purpose is to earn a living playing sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• thenry
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.