Round 6 - Broncos vs Panthers

Apparently Piakuras going around this weekend in ISC, be good if someone goes to watch him play or can grab highlights form Kayo ect and put them up here.

Maybe, we actually dont need a Capewell at all...better to keep that money for him to fix our spine up...

So passing the ball after a held call is apparently play on. Only against broncos 🤦🏽‍♂️
The referee made a real meal of that. Luai's ball-carrying arm never touched the ground so he was entitled to throw it but he did call held prematurely. It just gave Cleary a better angle to nail his kick.

Does anyone know when Cleary should have come off for an HIA?

the next day and i'm still gutted ... but also extremely proud of the performance they put in last night. keep playing like that as a minimum standard and we'll get far more wins than we will losses.

we went toe-to-toe with the best in the league who have won 21 regular season games in a row and 23 out of their last 24 (only losing to the Storm in the GF)

yet it took the Panthers 74 minutes to get us on the ropes and 78 minutes before they landed the knockout punch.

we showed heart, determination and desperation in defence.

there was also some impatience in attack, which we need to get rid of.

there were plenty of good signs and they should take heaps of confidence out of that match.

They also got a few 'interesting' calls from the ref and apparently at least 4 more interchanges plus breaking the rules on Cleary. So essentially, they had to cheat to win. I woke up today still feeling extremely happy and extremely proud.

I watched the Cleary field goal again and while he was never going to get him, Asiata did come out of marker only for Yeo to impede him. He was already in a 'sleeper' position and then deliberately runs in Asiata's path.

This was actually my disappointment in Asiata. The Penrith player (like Burton every single kick all night) moved off his line and should have been penalised but of course, unless you milk it, you don't get it these days unfortunately. Anyway, I digressed there and back to the point, had Asiata actually shown any urgency whatsoever, he would have at least made the block more obvious and who knows, maybe the ref might have not had his eyes painted on for once.

It was about 16.20 to go in the second half, in fairness he did get back in the line almost straight away.

Just looks like momentum, cleary has gone in, old mate has spun as contact is made, cleary is on the inside so is being pushed away from the tackle. seems to get up pretty quickly and doesn't have the 1000 yard stare happening.

I just saw kevie's pre-match rev up. It was good to see. But what was an even better sign was that very player was looking intently at him and paying attention. They werent tying boots, playing with their strapping or focussing elsewhere.

Just looks like momentum, cleary has gone in, old mate has spun as contact is made, cleary is on the inside so is being pushed away from the tackle. seems to get up pretty quickly and doesn't have the 1000 yard stare happening.
But does appear to stumble which is an automatic HIA.

But does appear to stumble which is an automatic HIA.
i'd say it's more to do with how he's getting up, ie, trying to go upright while pushing backwards. most of us would do the same if trying to get to your feet in a hurry.

He got his legs taken out and Glenn just stood their and watched it all underfold , try again goose
Mate you’re blind. There was no reason for him to be that close to Glenn and it left the hole on his outside. As soon as the hole is on his outside, that’s on him.

I’m not saying Dearden won’t improve, I’m saying we can’t wait for him and hope he gets better. If he’s wanting more than $300k a year I reckon let him go and try and get Reynolds. I’m sick of paying overs on potential, only for them to leave once they are good for a better offer.

That should have been off wtf! So who gets punished for that?

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.