Round 6 - Broncos vs Panthers

I’m not saying Dearden won’t improve, I’m saying we can’t wait for him and hope he gets better. If he’s wanting more than $300k a year I reckon let him go and try and get Reynolds. I’m sick of paying overs on potential, only for them to leave once they are good for a better offer.

If Broncos are going to be paying $400K for a younger than Dearden second rower who hasn't played any games, you can bet Dearden will be on at least just as much.

Just looks like momentum, cleary has gone in, old mate has spun as contact is made, cleary is on the inside so is being pushed away from the tackle. seems to get up pretty quickly and doesn't have the 1000 yard stare happening.

If that happens in the 25th minute to a prop forward (or any time of the game to a non-spine player to be fair) they're most likely going straight off.

sure, i just don't think there's anything really in it though, especially when slowed down.
How does slowing it down improve it? It just highlights that Cleary put his head in the wrong way was bumped off violently and stumbles in the back-play before taking a breather down the right hand side. Fair enough you don't see it as a big deal but please.

How does slowing it down improve it? It just highlights that Cleary put his head in the wrong way was bumped off violently and stumbles in the back-play before taking a breather down the right hand side. Fair enough you don't see it as a big deal but please.
bad phrasing. slowing it down makes it look worse than it is.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, Cleary stayed on kicked the winning field goal and sealed it with a try. Fair play to him but there's definitely enough there to get a please explain and to put teams on notice.

The HIAs have gotten very dodgy. The Bulldogs were just fined $20,000, there was the incident involving Boyd Cordner and there's been some others that have slipped through to the keeper.

No risk if that was Matt Eisenhuth he comes off for the free interchange.

What Kevvie needs to do, is sit down with the playing 18, have a beer to celebrate turning a corner and look at all the good points where we crushed them. Then go through what they did wrong, call out the player responsible (Coates sprinting in from the wing) and tell them how to do it better. We need to let them know that some parts of that game was AMAZING and we should be repeating it.

So passing the ball after a held call is apparently play on. Only against broncos 🤦🏽‍♂️
Nop. Has been the rule for quite some time. Same for everyone. Unless you meant that one time last night when I heard 'held' and then the ball was passed and it was somehow play on?

I'm sure there were strange/missed calls that went both ways but we did seem to cop the damaging ones:

Dearden's head taken off, play on.
That compounding soft head high that led to Penrith's penalty goal.
The held but nah jokes play on for Luai to Kikau.
The held but nah bring it back no try to Dearden.
The constant blocking no calls by Burton.
The Staines running under Oates no call that led to their first try.
The phantom six again to allow Penrith up the ground and set up for their field goal (I think).
The advantage but nah call it back cos he dropped it to Capewell.
The all round HIA farce which gave Penrith basically 50% more interchanges and the non-HIA for Cleary.

I am not saying that all of these were right or wrong but when they pile on top of each other, they advantage one team over another and it is a shame we seem to be on the receiving end more often than not.

The thing I most liked was that last night it didn't lead us to dropping our heads for once.

What Kevvie needs to do, is sit down with the playing 18, have a beer to celebrate turning a corner and look at all the good points where we crushed them. Then go through what they did wrong, call out the player responsible (Coates sprinting in from the wing) and tell them how to do it better. We need to let them know that some parts of that game was AMAZING and we should be repeating it.
Good to see that you have identified Coates only as the teams downfall you must be a NRL coach. Who tackles the other 2 players? Some people assess the game as a team effort, isn't that strange.

Yes, I mentioned that before! We have good forwards. I'm wondering where all the experts telling us 'the game has passed by for Lodge'
I reckon Lodge can be our James Fisher-Harris. A tough hombre who does what he says. I never subscribed to the "game has passed him by theory". He was busted last year and never really got going. I was amazed how quickly some observers had forgotten how good he was on 2019.

Seems to me Kev knows what he doing. I'm sure he has a plan going forward. I'm very glad Croft was part of those plans as he's been set up to fail until now.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • leon.bott
  • Mr Fourex
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Swordfish
  • Wolfie
  • Gympie devil
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.