Round 6 - Broncos vs Panthers

I thought Coates was solid bar the passive defensive read that led to the try. He doesn't have that speedy dummy half run like a Brent Tate nor the bulky nuggety run of a Mansour or To'o. He is kind of Awkwardly built for that job like Tupou. I'd like to see him get some steam up and ruck it out more like Oates as he grows into his body more. He certainly has improved it from last year but it still needs work
He did also make a 40 metre kick return

Has there ever been a player with more unwarranted hype than Dearden?

Like, he's a solid player that's young enough to turn in to a very handy footy player, but honestly, I've seen very little which would indicate he'll be anything than a Chad Townsend type. Solid, but very unspectacular in every area.
I remember getting called a troll for daring to call him average last year lol

That try was more on Kenner I reckon. He was in no mans land. Our edges suck though. Like Dearden holding Alex Glenn’s pocket on the cape well try, way out of position
He got his legs taken out and Glenn just stood their and watched it all underfold , try again goose

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. No injuries or suspensions from last night's match.
2. We scored more points against Penrith than anyone this season.
3. We equaled the Storm's number of tries.
4. Only the Storm held them to fewer points.
5. We generally bettered Penrith man v man (excepting Cleary & To'o).
6. We showed Capewell we're not desperate for a back rower, but we'd find him a good home.
7. Walters is on about attack now, instead of defence. Phase 2 of the Kevolution.
8. Milford was the problem. Who'd have thunk it?
9. Corey Oates is back and he means business.
10. Brodie Croft is not as bad as you thought. He might even be good.
11. Karmichael Hunt is training with us, but we mightn't need him on the field.
12. TPJ is the new TPJ.
13. Lodge isn't too slow for the modern NRL.
14. Cardigan can hold the ball.
15. Turpin has a massive motor.
16. What attitude problem?
17. Ethan Bullemor can step.
18. Jamayne Isaako is looking more like a fullback, with Tesi Niu as backup in the QCup.
19. Kevin Walters IS an NRL coach.

Reasons for concern

1. Our spine lacked spark. Isaako, Dearden and Turpin need to stamp their authority with the ball in hand.
2. Coates needs some time in NRL special school to learn basic defence.
3. Thomas Flegler.
4. Milford might return.
5. Dearden is still in the undecided pile.

Does anyone think Bullemor is wasted as a prop....wonder how he might go defensively at centre...that step on the fullback was sensational.

Not worth a penalty though 🙄

Why the **** didn't the bunker intervene on that when the entire crowd saw it multiple times on the big screen and booed? I thought they could do that now.

823e9083135faf1a3ead52f656403ea2

Brisbane just provided the template to combat the Panthers,
Belt them, Belt them, and keep belting them. see how they pull up after 4 straight weeks of that.
Mind you, this is the template to use against every team.
yep exactly, also shows how key kikau is the their left edge, we completely shut him down and apart from that soft try down their edge we shut that very impressive edge down which was good

Why does Coates continue to insist on charging in off his wing when defending our line? Why...???.....stay outside your centre and slide across. Its been weeks now that he has been in the team and he still does this. Is this a failure of coaching? Is it him?
Coates isn't the problem there, i understand he has done it a number of times in past weeks but this time he did what he was supposed to. The defensive structure is do what your inside man does and therefore keener stuffed it up and if coates stayed out there would of been a 20 metre gap in between. Defensive cohesion was one of the few things I could fault in our game last night, the commentators on fox summed it up perfectly especially flanagan, "to often people are doing there own thing in defence."

Lodge on Kevvie's spray:

“I don’t know if I can repeat too much. He just said, ‘It’s time to have a go or get out’ I think he is taking a different approach. I’m not surprised (at Walters’ approach) because it’s been building for a while hasn’t it? Like I said you can‘t just keep being positive and nice for too long ... it doesn’t work.”

Walters:

“I just want these guys to do well and that‘s the passion in me for this place. It was a good response from them. That (showing some fighting spirit) was part of it, certainly, to each other more than anything and all of our supporters.”

Oates:

“It sucks when you try so hard and we just didn’t capitalise on those chances we had down the other end. We have a lot of things to be happy about, we’ve got to compete like that every week but just finish better. I think we will get better results, but we’ve got to be disappointed with our end of sets and attacking shape when down on their 20-metre line.”

McHunt

Lodge on Kevvie's spray:

“I don’t know if I can repeat too much. He just said, ‘It’s time to have a go or get out’ I think he is taking a different approach. I’m not surprised (at Walters’ approach) because it’s been building for a while hasn’t it? Like I said you can‘t just keep being positive and nice for too long ... it doesn’t work.”

Walters:

“I just want these guys to do well and that‘s the passion in me for this place. It was a good response from them. That (showing some fighting spirit) was part of it, certainly, to each other more than anything and all of our supporters.”

Oates:

“It sucks when you try so hard and we just didn’t capitalise on those chances we had down the other end. We have a lot of things to be happy about, we’ve got to compete like that every week but just finish better. I think we will get better results, but we’ve got to be disappointed with our end of sets and attacking shape when down on their 20-metre line.”

McHunt

On ya, Kev.

It’s great that Lodge is starting to hit form because we need a guy like him ripping into the boys and backing Kev when he shows tough love. It’s hard for him to do when he isn’t playing well himself.

Lodge seems like a natural leader in this team.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.