Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I don't mean to be a sore winner but watching it back, if that moment when Klown denies Reynolds the right to challenge the "charge down" in the 2nd half isn't clear evidence of even a subconscious bias against the underdog teams then that will do me. He didn't even give Reynolds time to watch the replay.
When was this?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Talakai had a better game statically than I thought. Thought he was bottled up pretty well.

Jensen with another impressive game, just can't understand why he only played 20 minutes last week. Kevvie needs help in understanding how to use his bench.

Talakai will always make metres, he's quite agile for his body size but not agile enough to deal with blokes like Kotoni Staggs.

Thought we did really well to shut down the player providing Talakai the ball, Talakai absolutely needs an overlap created for him as he doesn't have the pace to run around his opposite number, he has the strength but not the pace. If the defender makes solid first up contact, he won't really trouble many sides.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
What TMM is doing well, which isaako and tesi really struggled with, is that he times his passes really well.

Being a natural ball player he knows when to throw it earlier and when to take it deeper into the line and draw and pass.

He also plays a bit more direct in the sweep play so does crowd the centre and winger.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Talakai will always make metres, he's quite agile for his body size but not agile enough to deal with blokes like Kotoni Staggs.

Thought we did really well to shut down the player providing Talakai the ball, Talakai absolutely needs an overlap created for him as he doesn't have the pace to run around his opposite number, he has the strength but not the pace. If the defender makes solid first up contact, he won't really trouble many sides.

Talakai was gassed after 50 or 60 minutes, you could clearly see it.

he would be lucky to last more than 10 minutes in origin

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Talakai was gassed after 50 or 60 minutes, you could clearly see it.

he would be lucky to last more than 10 minutes in origin

You're right, I think he just had the dream game last week against a much smaller player and the Manly winger was obviously instructed to robotically always mark up on the winger because Morgan Harper was beaten time and time again and his winger did nothing to offer any support

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Carn the Bronx, that was fucking awesome.

-Great defense overall, everyone worked hard and wanted it. Cobbo in particular really stood out as someone I didn't know was that good in defense.

-When is Reynolds getting a statue? The guy is so good. From heads up plays to pinpoint kicks to just being that organiser that we need.

-Te Maire was great again. Lock him in for number 1 for the rest of the season.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Didn't see it live. But it sounded amazing on the radio with Ginnane, Benji and James Graham with Dobbo on the sideline calling it. You could tell which commentator was which due to their accents, and it was a good combination. It would be interesting to see how Graham and Marshall would go calling together on T.V with Ginnane.

It sounded like a great team performance by us all round. Yeah there are little things to be worked on, Gamble was hit and miss, Farnworth should of passed and Capewell should of had somebody in support.

But that's stuff to worry about tomorrow. It was a gutsy win, and they deserve a chance to enjoy that one for a bit. But then move on and prepare for next week.
The thing with the broncos is they have never been s side to play prrfect football, even in the days of the walters twins and langer.
They always had their share of dropped balls and missed passes. They are not the storm and never will be. Siebold proved that.
What they used to do was defend their mistakes and learn from them. This side is young and has been making heaps.
The thing is now we have a player like reynolds who understands the flow of the game and knows when to throw the dice and when to play ot safe. As a result there will be less of them and now we are defending the ones we make, they will not be compounding to the games momentum.
Those last 20 minutes of the game should be the proudest of kevin walters short coaching career. They showed both patience and courage, playing smart football and tackling for their lives.
People will say the sharks lost that game, not that the broncos won it but they are dead set wrong. The sharks were never in it after the broncos hit the lead. Lets have more of it now.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I really can't believe how bad Gamble was. It's not a good sign when you hope your #6 doesn't kick the ball. I know we won really well, but he needs to be replaced. Either Turpin back to 9 and Billy to 6, or TMM to 6 and Cobbo to 1.
Oh yes, lets move TMM who has been our best fullback defensively for at least half a decade to cover a position that made some errors but none of which led to tries or points, and the tries that where scored by us had his hands all over them.

Look at the first try we scored with Staggs, Gamble attracted 3 defenders and made that entire play possible.

Errors are bad I get it but if the net result is positive it's still a positive, he does have alot to improve on but there is definitely a decent football player there to work with.

Not to mention he didn't even play any mind games to get into players heads and make them crumble, reminds me of Benny Elias.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Well this is fucken awesome to wake up to!
Pissed i missed the game, working early sucks, but jeez thats a solid effort from the boys, cant wait to watch the replay when i get home. Onya lads!

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
Haas needs more time on the bench in my opinion, though he's one of the best props in the game, having him on the field so much can hurt us too. He rarely offloads and gets held up so he doesn't get fast play the balls and gives time for the opposition to reset their line. Getting fast play the balls happening and momentum can be just as effective as Haas running metres.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Someone was trying to rip into me bcos I talked about fullbacks talk in defence a couple weeks ago.. TMM has shown why IT IS SOOOO FUCKING IMPORTANT from a fullback, capewell even mentioned it and now we can see the difference
Yes, he (and Selwyn) can regularly do something that eluded Jamayne and Tesi - hold up a player over the line. Te Maire's done it three or four times now.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised to see Turpin ask for a release in the not too distant future. He must realize his time with the Broncs is over at least. If the Dolphins or some battler like the Titans or Bulldogs want to have a crack at him than let them.
He doesn't need to. He's coming off contract. Paix has another year.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
200.gif

Someone got it!!!

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • phoenix
  • RolledOates
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.