Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Ps whoever spotted Penrith no having a winger (which lead to the last try) hats off to him....that's called vision!!!!
It was actually really good play and will help in the future as we quite often move Oates from the left... pretty sure he ran a decoy on knik's try to give jimmy the space.

In the future teams will always have to have a winger there meaning we should get an automatic overlap on every scrum.

The Channel 9 MotM was Josh McGuire.

I had to endure the first few minutes of The Footy Show where they tried to blame the loss on the no try to Wallace. Strangely it was Beau Ryan & Luke Lewis who had to explain the concept of a loose carry to the rest of the panel.

Only 3 of them were.. And what does it matter?
It was seriously shithouse defence. We didn't take our chances near the line, We had a few sets on their line and all we did was either knock on or force dropouts. I want them to be clinical.

Good effort from Kodi last night. I'm still dubious as to how we'll go with him long term at 7 but that was a pretty composed performance.

Kicked reasonably well, timed his passes well for his runners, and threatened with his running game/support play.

Not a game breaking performance, but he certainly looked more comfortable out there. If he can keep that standard, should keep enough pressure off Milf to shine (who was not at his best but seems to be finding some form).

Apparently the crowd was only 21k last night ...that is incredibly poor for a Broncos match. In fact I'm not sure they've ever had a crowd that small
I'd have been there if it was a Friday night or a 7pm kick off. 8pm kick off means we don't get home til 12, which is unacceptable on a school night. The NRL has lost the plot with the schedule changes.

I'd have been there if it was a Friday night or a 7pm kick off. 8pm kick off means we don't get home til 12, which is unacceptable on a school night. The NRL has lost the plot with the schedule changes.
Yep exactly this. I would've gone but an 8pm kick off means I'm probably not home till 11:30 IF I manage to get a train... aaand also not get stabbed on said train at 11:30

My thoughts on the game -

• First half was probably the best half of footy we have put together this year, Milf and Kodi controlled the game well and we actually got some repeat sets and a try off a kick!
  • Scrambling defence was good for the most part, however our left edge really struggled. There were at least 3 or 4 times a better side would have capitalised on the space available.....there was a lot of it.
  • I thought Kodi was impressive in defence. There will always be times when he gets run over, that is just physics, a'la the Merrin try, but he never took a backward step and that is all we can ask.
  • The Jet was great, fingers crossed his ankle is not too bad and it is just a week or two on the side lines.
  • McGuire was good in defence, but his attack leaves me frustrated. We were badly struggling for metres and he was putting in terrible passes to someone in a worse position than him.
  • Offa didn't impress me. I thought he was very flatfooted in defence and didn't have much punch in attack. Certainly showed why he has fallen behind Essese and Pangai. I hear Offa may be in trouble with the cops, so time for Fai?
  • We SERIOUSLY need to put away that terrible kick for touch, that has a 70% chance of missing touch, 20% chance of going out on the full and 10% chance of actually finding the rope. Put up a bomb and give the opp the chance to knock it on. Our kick chase is our hall mark, I don't get why we decide to put it away when we have a lead.
  • Moga.......is he our new Maranta? I actually loled at one stage when I got exactly what I expected......get the ball in space (maybe I'm being a bit harsh here), don't pass, spin around, throw the ball forward...........Having said that, his try was pretty good, even though most of the work was done already.
  • We missed a lot of tackles, but I don't think that was too avoidable. The Panthers were playing hot potato and for the most part we coped okay. The constant repeat sets are what did for us.

What next?

• Manly are playing quite well. A week off will do us good, but if we clock off against them, like we did last night, they will beat us.
  • We should beat the Tigers, even undermanned, which would hopefully put us in an 8-3 position to begin the origin fun and games. After our tough start to the season, I'd be stoked with that.

Strong effort from the boys. Gus has to have Griffin's card marked.

I'm not a fan of defending a lead. Kicking on 3rd or 4th tackle to defend a lead, and telegraphing kicks to touch to waste time. It's shit to watch - cost us the GF - and just sets up a negative, defensive attitude that loses metres.

I'm still not a fan of McGuire getting his hands on the ball on the second last tackle. Kills all momemtum and is so easy to pick off and slow down.

One area Panthers killed us in was their second last tackle options, especially late in the game, Moylan was outstanding at throwing us a bunch of hard to read options. Meanwhile we just run Moose one out, and kill the play and momentum. We were better at the back end of 2015, precisely because Moose wasn't there to "Gallen" us in attack.

Waddell needs to come into the side and give Macca a spell late in halves - particulaly the last 20 minutes of games.

When Hunt is fit, he needs to come back onto the bench and replace Waddell.

KNik has been outstanding at opening up Roberts and Gillett in attack. His early pass under pressure in his own 20 - to set up Roberts's try - was something Hunt refuses to do, or can't do.

Last edited:
I hate it when the game is won and they clock off letting the other team in the game, it will cost us finals spots with a tightening comp.

I thought something funny was goin on when Milf packed in at lock and let Gillete feed the scrum .
The 1st time I thought it was because Milf wanted a breather . Then they re fed the scrum and I understood why .

Tim Sheens loved a good scrum play ,bless him.

I'm one of those supporters who'll admit he feels a little dirty after a win, last week being a good example. Don't feel the least bit bad about the win over the panthers. Embrace the hate boys, embrace it.

Does anyone have vision of whether Moga was offside on our own line? I found it odd considering the ball had come from the other side of the field. He had plenty of time to get back.

It looked like a lot of the Suncorp Stadium members weren't there either.

Does anyone have vision of whether Moga was offside on our own line? I found it odd considering the ball had come from the other side of the field. He had plenty of time to get back.

They never showed a replay on channel nine, that's for sure. I taped the game - will be studying that passage of play carefully when I get home.

When is Thaiday going to learn everyone runs angle at him on the try line. His goal line defense is non-existent.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.