Round 9 - Eels vs. Broncos - Post Game Discussion

McGuire is a dick for penalizing the team, apart from which, if the Broncos are so keen to protect their clean image and their BRAND, then McGuire's punching a player in full view of children needs to be dealt with - or is that sort of behavior acceptable?

"Now remember little boys and girls, violence is the answer ....".

McGuire penalsed the team on field and by his upcoming suspension, especially if Hannant is out. Good work.

Last edited:
Corey Norman - you suck.
Andrew McCullough - you suck.

Our spine is crap because of those 2, not the halves.

After that huge defensive effort, to have Parra kicking from their own 20m, showing enormous intensity, Norman decides he doesn't want to put in the same effort and throws a shocking pass to Kahu. No desire to back up a huge defensive effort from his teammates. All of a sudden that huge effort is for nothing. He is an absolute cat and I can't wait until he goes to Parramatta next year and becomes their problem.

Those who know me know that I don't like to be overly critical of players but this absolute pretender at fullback needs to take a good hard look at himself, and the coach needs to drop him. We are gaining absolutely nothing positive out of him being in the team.

Completely summed it up for me. Norman is a pea heart and threw that shocking pass for kahu just to avoid a tackle. Norman is a gutless p**** and send him to parra now IMO. People talk this Wanker up for state of origin, even if he somehow found the skill to be a great five eight (which he won't) gutless wankers like Norman have no place in SOO

Last edited:
Frankly last night showed this team isn't capable of finals football. Pack lacks heart. Hooker is poor. Halves are below average. Outside backs are one dimensional.

If we make the 8 It's a fluke.

Frankly last night showed this team isn't capable of finals football. Pack lacks heart. Hooker is poor. Halves are below average. Outside backs are one dimensional.

If we make the 8 It's a fluke.

Yeah and the coach is boring and one dimensional.

Until last night, this team was showing some signs of life. The left side attack was beginning to work, we used the right hand side better thanks to Prince and the defence was pretty good.

We were, and have been for years, stuck with an average dummy half, but still, we were showing signs of a bit of form.

I still can't believe how and why the wheels fell off last night - seemed to coincide with losing Prince.

Last edited:
Until last night, this team was showing some signs of life. The left side attack was beginning to work, we used the right hand side better thanks to Prince and the defence was pretty good.

We were, and have been for years, stuck with an average dummy half, but still, we were showing signs of a bit of form.

I still can't believe how and why the wheels fell off last night - seemed to coincide with losing Prince.
From what I read about the Tigers game it's been coming for a few weeks and we probably should have seen it coming.

I think our 1,6,7 and 9 are all equally shit. McCullough is such a disappointment

Two things. Wallace was shaping for a field goal about 10 minutes out, but the pass to him was so crap and slow that he got caught by the defence, had to throw it back, and one of our players had to kick it off the ground. Wallace had the right plan, but he was let down by the pass.

On Hala, he himself said that he's building to be a 30 minute player max. And that at the moment he can go balls-out for 10 minutes and that's it.

Hopefully losing Hannant & Prince galvanises the team a bit, but it will only do that if the right player selections occur. I'm doubtful.

Who would you select Morkel?

It is hard not to get really down after losing to Parra. We played some seriously dumb footy. For all the thing Hodges does those chip and chase attempts were dumb. Then we had Norman kicking for the corner when we needed points with 4 minutes to go.

Whatever just drop it, I have different agendas then you Queenlanders.

Mate, whenever a team mate gets a knock on the chin you don't react like that, you receive the penalty and go on with it. Happen 95% of the time.

It was more than a knock on the chin, the hit was so late it nearly happened next round. This is league where some players still stick up for their mates, especially at the broncos. No offence but if you don't like that maybe parra is the team to support, once Norman arrives between him and hayne will be a weekly contest for who is the more gutless, pea hearted nancy (I'm tipping Norman in a tight one)

Personally i have no problems with McGuire belting that eels forward.

It was a high shot on Wallace, and most players would go to bat for their teamate in that situation.

Still fuming. What a terrible game. If the Broncos lifted their intensity above the pass mark to beat the other team in front of us, we'd be able to put the Tigers and Eels of the comp to the sword.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • john1420
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • marw
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • heartly87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • Old Mate
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Reds2011
  • K-Style
  • RolledOates
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.