vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for not doing my homework beforehand .... but IF he loses his appeal, how long will Blair be banned for ?
Pretty sure it will make no difference, although he will have more carry points of course.

How long until Maranta is back? I'd give him until then, and then drop him if he doesn't improve.

I tend to agree that if Reed is out, Maranta is probably the best bloke to replace him in a backline reshuffle, with Kahu moving to centre and Maranta on the wing. The down side of that though is you end up with a new centre/wing pairing on each side of the field. Probably not ideal, especially as the right side combination of Roberts and Kahu is starting to look very dangerous.

A combination of kahu and maranta would be deadly, although Maranta may not be a flash and amazing winger. He is sold under the high ball and gets the job done very week.

Last edited:
Do people need to re-watch the cowboys game again and have a look at Kahu's defence (he made 8 tackles and missed 8 tackles)
If Reed was soooooo bad as people make him out to be, Oates wouldn't be in the top 5 for try scorers. Most of the criticism here levelled at him is for not passing to Oates on the weekend with them overlap plays but if you actually bothered to go back and watch them, even if he passes 9/10, Oates has to cut back in the field of play anyways because the South's defence is sliding and he is pushed back into touch if he doesn't cut back in. Reed may have had a so so game against South's but his defence is still top notch (no one would have tackled Inglis one on one on the weekend in that position, no one) & he still has shown he has the ability to put his winger over the try line (or at least a winger that can finish like Oates and previously Hoffman a couple of years ago)

sorry to burst your bubble, but a large portion of Oates' tries have come from cut out passes.

Reed is more reliable in defense, and Wayne rates this higher than offense at the moment. Given the quality of players coming through and the intended rumors, I expect to see Reed for this year only, then told to look elsewhere.

DP

If blair is ruled out who debuts? How is arrow going, my guess is him or pangai jr. I think boyce is injured?

sorry to burst your bubble, but a large portion of Oates' tries have come from cut out passes.

Reed is more reliable in defense, and Wayne rates this higher than offense at the moment. Given the quality of players coming through and the intended rumors, I expect to see Reed for this year only, then told to look elsewhere.

DP

Do you believe in fairy tales as well because that's all those rumours are

If blair is ruled out who debuts? How is arrow going, my guess is him or pangai jr. I think boyce is injured?

Its a good question to ask. You would think if Glenn is back in the side, he swaps with Blair, with Thaiday switching to prop and Glenn back into the second row, but if Glenn isn't fit for the game either, we are going to have to blood a rookie.

Darius Boyd
Corey Oates
Jack Reed
James Roberts
Jordan Kahu
Anthony Milford
Ben Hunt
Josh McGuire
Kodi Nikorima
Adam Blair
Alex Glenn
Matt Gillett
Corey Parker ©

Jarrod Wallace
Sam Thaiday
Joe Ofahengaue
Travis Waddell

Ben Barba
Sosaia Feki
Jack Bird
Ricky Leutele
Valentine Holmes
James Maloney
Chad Townsend
Andrew Fifita
Michael Ennis
Sam Tagataese
Jayson Bukuya
Wade Graham
Paul Gallen ©

Gerard Beale
Chris Heighington
Matt Prior
Luke Lewis

Well I imagine if Glenn is out, Wallace or preferably Joffa starts and Arrow comes in. That's what I hope happens anyway.

If Adam Blair is ruled out and Sam Thaiday starts at prop, will they bring Herman back onto the bench again or maybe blood Arrow or Pangai Jnr.

NRL - Round 9
Sunday, 1st of May, 2016

1420518027.png
1420536256.png
1. Ben Barba
Sosaia Feki
Jack Bird
Ricky Leutele
Valentine Holmes​
James Maloney
Chad Townsend
Andrew Fifita
Michael Ennis
Sam Tagatese
11. Jayson Bukuya
Wade Graham
Paul Gallen (c)

Gerard Beale
Chris Heighington
Matt Prior
Luke Lewis
1. Darius Boyd
Corey Oates
Jack Reed
James Roberts
Jordan Kahu
Anthony Milford
Ben Hunt
Josh McGuire
Kodi Nikorima
Adam Blair
Alex Glenn
Matt Gillett
Corey Parker (c)

Jarrod Wallace
Sam Thaiday
Joe Ofahengaue
Travis Waddell
Coach: Shane FlanaganCoach: Wayne Bennett
Referees: Gerard Sutton, Adam Devcich
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Ben Galea, Jason Robinson, Bernard Sutton
Kick-Off: 4:00pm
Broadcast: Channel 9 & Fox Sports 1

Good to see blair get off..must of been the head clash they went off
And also great to see the little maestro Kodi to start at hooker. This is the position Wayne is training him up for and wants him to stay. Hes got his chance now.
Who else thinks that Jack Reed and Macca are 2 players fighting to stay. Both off contract next year before the raise. The writing is in the wind.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

And also great to see the little maestro Kodi to start at hooker. This is the position Wayne is training him up for and wants him to stay. Hes got his chance now.
Who else thinks that Jack Reed and Macca are 2 players fighting to stay. Both off contract next year before the raise. The writing is in the wind.

Did he get off already? Or have you heard whispers?

Damn really wanted to see some more of Ese'ese.

Pretty sure Blair has to plead his case first tomorrow night

Uploadfromtaptalk1461655843384
Blair challenged and offa early guilty plea and free to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • porouian
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • Manlyman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.