RUMOUR: Eels interested in Hunt

I think Hunt has suffered the most from teams using blockers when they are catching bombs. Kicking from where our forwards get him makes it hard enough, plus the wingers having to side step five blockers whenever they attempt to catch one makes it damn near impossible. It's something the NRL really needs to look at and change. If he goes to the Eels he will be another ex-Bronco who always has a blinder against us.

hunt has his flaws but there is not a single option better than him for 2017 unless a miracle occurs.

-milford to halfback? LOL
-lolohea + milford? LOL..
-knikorima halfback? no.

This is a weird scenario. If it turns out to be true are we realistically looking at Nikorima at #7?

I'm all for a Situation in which we release Hunt as I feel it's the best thing to do moving forward but if Nikorima is the #7 we're going to use so we can get Radradra then I don't think it's a good idea.

Let Hunt play out next year and buy Reynolds from the Rabbitohs, he's everything we need.

This is a weird scenario. If it turns out to be true are we realistically looking at Nikorima at #7?

I'm all for a Situation in which we release Hunt as I feel it's the best thing to do moving forward but if Nikorima is the #7 we're going to use so we can get Radradra then I don't think it's a good idea.

Let Hunt play out next year and buy Reynolds from the Rabbitohs, he's everything we need.

There was rumours that Wayne was trying to get Tyrone Roberts incase Hunt leaves

Isnt it pretty much a tenuous link to semi? It's like , semi is unhappy at parra - peter nolan discovered him when he was working for parra - peter nolan is now at brisbane - story?

add something in about hunts dad playing for parra and you've got a juicy trade story ready to go.

Last edited:

see i think this is just the media looking for a story and trying to put things together.

Hunt for Semi would be a good trade if we had someone like Ash Taylor ready to go, but we simply don't, and there's nobody available that's anywhere close to as good as Hunt.

see i think this is just the media looking for a story and trying to put things together.

The only reason I'm paying any attention to it is because we have Nikorima on the books and have resigned him. It is a long shot but if that's the idea behind it then Bennett is taking a big gamble.

Can we all agree that Bennet really messed up deciding to let Ash go? It made no sense from the start. We have no depth at all in the halves position and he always had the potential to push for a start in first grade. I reckon if he was with us this season, hunt would have been dropped to reserve grade for a couple weeks. They couldn't do that though because no halves and nikorima being injured for the last 2-3 months.

You can't keep them all and you can't hold them to ransom - if the club starts getting a rep like that young players will choose elsewhere because we won't be seen as an ideal place to develop.

bennett did the right thing, and it may help us secure him down the track. maybe it won't, but at least it shows brisbane can develop talent and are willing to give them a shot at first grade, even if it means losing them after doing all the hard work. most clubs do it but not all ...

Can we all agree that Bennet really messed up deciding to let Ash go? It made no sense from the start. We have no depth at all in the halves position and he always had the potential to push for a start in first grade. I reckon if he was with us this season, hunt would have been dropped to reserve grade for a couple weeks. They couldn't do that though because no halves and nikorima being injured for the last 2-3 months.

No we can't agree on that.

If we lost Hunt is Jayden Nikorima the one to replace him? Forget Jaydens form at the Roosters the entire team started the year like poo.

I dunno with Jayden it'd basically be like two Milf's running around. it would be a lot of fun to watch but I don't think we'd solve any weaknesses.

No. In addition to it actually not being a good idea to hold onto all the talent even if we can't exploit it through A grade playing opportunities which others have expanded on , there is this thing called the salary cap which ACTUALLY makes it impossible to do so AND the realities of squad management come into play...

When Taylor was released our starting halfback just finished 4th overall in the Dally M, had just played two tests for Australia and had taken us all the way to the GF and was clearly our best player and one of the best halves in the comp.

Hence why we released a half who while talented hadn't and still hasn't proven himself long term in the NRL.

Hunt may have had a quieter season than last year but his stats remain high in comparison to most halves and the overall team had a quieter year too.

I'd like to see Hunt to improve parts of his game most specifically his composure and then his tactical kicking but to suggest we should have dropped him after the 2015 season in favour of Taylor is just ludicrous.

We have other halves in our squad including Darren Nicholls, Sam Scarlett and Kodi Nikorima. We were not without depth.

Including Hunt and Milford, how many more than 5 halves should we carry in a squad of 25, particularly noting the sturdiness of our starting halves?

Easy to say we ahould do this and we should do that in hindsight, but you only have a squad of 25 to provide a starting team and cover for injuries across many positions.

Given from recollection Milf and Hunt played every game of the year, it was other areas of our team we should be looking at shoring up from a cover point of view. Outside backs and forwards were the issue this year which is why we are seeing the club sign backs and I believe we will see shortly, forwards I suspect...

I think the hunt issue could be more to do with the coaching. Bennett seems to love a controlling half at all costs hornby, kidley, Wallace, Shane perry, etc. With hunt and milf he doesn't have that so he tried to manufacture one through hunt.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.