[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

How short are our memories -I remember the day we got belted by Canberra 64-6 or something like that and guess who was playing half back - K. HUNT - Now cast your mind forward a few years and after 3 or 4 years out of the game people are talking about throwing him in at half back or 5/8th
Sure we have seen Isreal play magnificently at fullback for the Blues in Sydney but he only had 2 years in AFL and had the natural ability - what I have seen from KH is the running fullback without fear - not a bad pass when chiming into the backline but as 5/8th or halfback after all this time - no thanks - centre - is my best spot for him and don't spend a bucket on him - he either wants to come back for the right reasons or not at all

What you also have to remember is that K was only moved to halfback part-way through the game. The biggest determining factor for this game (and those just before it) was Steve Michaels in defence. Never have I seen one person's poor form affect a team that badly. He was that horribly bad that it meant that significant numbers in defence had to be constantly shifted over to compensate, meaning the other side became the weak side. The moment he was shafted, we were a totally different team. K at halfback had absolutely zero to do with how bad we lost that game. Once again, rewriting history.

Yeah, hardly anyone has said to put him halfback. The general consensus has been to play him at centre or fullback. One or two people have said in the halves so why not quote those posts so people know what posts you are talking about

You're on fire today.

What you also have to remember is that K was only moved to halfback part-way through the game. The biggest determining factor for this game (and those just before it) was Steve Michaels in defence. Never have I seen one person's poor form affect a team that badly. He was that horribly bad that it meant that significant numbers in defence had to be constantly shifted over to compensate, meaning the other side became the weak side. The moment he was shafted, we were a totally different team. K at halfback had absolutely zero to do with how bad we lost that game. Once again, rewriting history.

Paul Carige says hi.

Agree with your post though, he wasn't the determining factor.

On the subject of his return and where he would play though, it's a tough one. Depends largely on whether Milford comes and how Hunt/Barba/Kahu are performing and what positions they are playing IMO.

Karmichael's value and true ability was possibly overinflated given he played outside of Darren Lockyer.

Years of different conditioning (and age) will have eeked away his pure physicality.

A 17 with a "creative team" of Milford, Barba, Karmichael Hunt, Ben Hunt, Hodges and McCullough is gonna score some points.

Karmichael's value and true ability was possibly overinflated given he played outside of Darren Lockyer.

Years of different conditioning (and age) will have eeked away his pure physicality.

A 17 with a "creative team" of Milford, Barba, Karmichael Hunt, Ben Hunt, Hodges and McCullough is gonna score some points.

Are you saying that every player who played with Lockyer had an overinflated ability too?

How short are our memories -I remember the day we got belted by Canberra 64-6 or something like that and guess who was playing half back - K. HUNT - Now cast your mind forward a few years and after 3 or 4 years out of the game people are talking about throwing him in at half back or 5/8th
Sure we have seen Isreal play magnificently at fullback for the Blues in Sydney but he only had 2 years in AFL and had the natural ability - what I have seen from KH is the running fullback without fear - not a bad pass when chiming into the backline but as 5/8th or halfback after all this time - no thanks - centre - is my best spot for him and don't spend a bucket on him - he either wants to come back for the right reasons or not at all

A team gets belted 64-6 and a bloke playing out of position gets blamed and this therefore provides proof the guy can't play in the halves?

Hmmm...

I hope we get him and I think he'd make a fine 5/8 but this sort of stuff is ridiculous.

if you're beaten 64-6 your halfback is the least of your concerns and there is no way you can judge a half in such a game

The Broncos have never had 60 put on them. The worst score was the capitulation in Canberra by 56-0 under Henjak...

The Broncos have never had 60 put on them. The worst score was the capitulation in Canberra by 56-0 under Henjak...

unfortunately we have ...

round 25, 2007; we lost to Parramatta 68-22

unfortunately we have ...

round 25, 2007; we lost to Parramatta 68-22

Weren't we up like 12-0 or 18-0, then someone spilt the ball over the line mid-air, resulting in one of the biggest turn-arounds in history?

Shit, you're right [MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION], the Canberra loss was the biggest margin. My mistake...

Weren't we up like 12-0 or 18-0, then someone spilt the ball over the line mid-air, resulting in one of the biggest turn-arounds in history?

16-0 I believe.

Then Emmett, with his stupid obsession to hold the ball like a basketball, ends up knocking the ball out with his knee over the try line. Broncos were well on top of the Eels until then. After that, Eels just blew us off the park..

Shit, you're right @Foordy, the Canberra loss was the biggest margin. My mistake...

The Canberra loss is still by far the worst in our history ...

from memory we were close to full strength against Canberra and had a massive injury list against the Eels (including: Lockyer, Hunt, Berrigan and Tate)

K's manager says the broncos will be the first and last team they will speak to.. But he wants to play in the 1 or the 6. I'd love to bring him on 3 or 4 year deal at the right place and groom him as a replacement for hodgo. Use him as a utility off the bench or throw him on the wing. Kick returns from him and Vidot would be insane.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KickHaas
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • Justwin
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.