[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

I'd see him back purely for his organisation and leadership, it's what we lack. The bloke was a genuine superstar, let's not forget he was keeping a (young) Billy Slater out of rep jerseys. I think it'd be a shrewd move for the club, I have no doubts he could be a genuine quality half.

Hunt and Hunt in the halves!

He had great vision, strong leadership qualities, and all the skills that make a plymaker. He was like a much more talented Norman, with plenty of heart too. I think the modern game suits him well, it involved more vision, speed and quick thinking, rather than planning far ahead. He wouldnt be the best half or anything, but I can see him being abetter than Reynolds, suttoon, maloney etc.

Would be more than happy to have him back

let's not forget he was keeping a (young) Billy Slater out of rep jerseys.
Only in the same way that thaiday keeps much better second rowers out of the Qld/Aus teams and has for 5+ years - idiot selectors.

Do the people who want him at five eighth actually remember hunt playing for us or Qld? He can pass right to left in the second man play and he can put in a good grabber, but that's about the extent of his so called "passing and kicking skills". I'd take stagg at 5/8th over hunt.

I don't want him back and we don't need him back. He screwed us over, lets not repay him with a big payday.

So hunt to hunt back to hunt . They could hunt as a pack. A pack of hunts

The games where he played 5/8 for Qld was lolzworthy. Yes he's tough and can tackle but was never a playmaker. Chuck him in as bench hooker lol

I couldn't see him being any worse at ball playing than guys like Sutton, Maloney, Reynolds B1 and B2 etc. Like I said, I think the game has changed quite a bit since he's left.

If we managed to sign someone else, great. But if we don't get DCE or Milford or whatever, I think we should pursue KHunt.
Our senior playmaker is currently Ben Hunt, who himself has only had 3 good games in the halves in his career (and he still went missing in parts in each of them).

I couldn't see him being any worse at ball playing than guys like Sutton, Maloney, Reynolds B1 and B2 etc.
You mustn't have actually seen hunt or any of those players play then. Hunt is not a playmaker in any sense of the word.

So we chase a guy who will come at a cost and had been out of the game for a considerable amount of time. Would be just the same as Norman imo but older .

If we can get him back at a reasonable price I'd love to have him. He always put his body on the line and gave his all for the team every time he took the field. Hodges doesn't have much time left in him; K Hunt at fullback or in the centres would be a huge plus for us.

Only in the same way that thaiday keeps much better second rowers out of the Qld/Aus teams and has for 5+ years - idiot selectors.

I disagree. KHunt was better than Slater at that time. Slater has gotten better every year, but at the time KHunt was better.

Hunt was the rookie of the year.
Hunt won 2x "Best Back" Bronco awards.
Hunt was the youngest Bronco ever, and the youngest player in the history of the League to reach 100 games.

Let's not let our personal gripes overshadow what a player he was.

Is he our saviour in the halves? Doubt it. Could we use his on-field leadership? Damn right. Are there better options potentially? DCE comes to mind. But we could do a lot worse than KHunt. Who's our other half at this point?

I wouldn't want to throw big money at him though. I think he would fit back in within 6 months and look like he never left, he is a hell of an athlete like SBW. But big money should be out of the question.

I dunno how anyone could deny Hunt's ball playing. He was the best fullback at that 2nd man play since Lockyer, and no one has been better since. He could kick well, pass well and take on the line. He only lacked organisational skills and just general practice when he played in the halves.

This is all part of the cunning plan to have fullbacks fill every position in our backline:laugh:

Hunt was the rookie of the year.
Hunt won 2x "Best Back" Bronco awards.
Hunt was the youngest Bronco ever, and the youngest player in the history of the League to reach 100 games.

Let's not let our personal gripes overshadow what a player he was.

Is he our saviour in the halves? Doubt it. Could we use his on-field leadership? Damn right. Are there better options potentially? DCE comes to mind. But we could do a lot worse than KHunt. Who's our other half at this point?
Slater won rookie of the year in 2003.
Slater has literally won every award that a rugby league player can win.

He was a much better player than hunt even back then, but I won't drag this off topic.

Hunt is not a half though. Never was, never will be. We don't need to recruit a fullback who hasn't played rugby league for 4 years to play half. This is already a huge part of why we fail as a team - playing players out of position!

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lostboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • Brotherdu
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.