[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

I'm talking about him replacing either reed or hodgo during his lengthy injury periods

I can't believe Barba has been at the Broncos for 5 games and people are already talking about replacing him with K.Hunt.. It's obvious he's playing injured / without confidence, he'll be a top-tier Fullback by seasons end, and even better next year when he has a decent half or two.

I agree Unbreakable, it's ridiculous. We should stick with Barba - he'll come good, no doubt about it. Hunt can stay with fairy ball.

The only way I'd consider Hunt's return is if he agrees to play for significantly less than what he's earning a la Justin Hodges circa 2005. He either wants to return or he doesn't. If he does, we're not paying him a ridiculous salary and he needs to start from the bottom.

Last edited:
i agree it would be crazy to pay him anything over 500k a year but thats what all the rumours are. thought i read rumour was that it was in vicinity of 600k a year. i hope it just a rumour cause if it turns out to be true i think its a mistake

This topic is in the wrong forum yo!

Re: K Hunt

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...l-hunt-the-money/story-fniabjcr-1226878122655

After last night loss and if Broncs don't make top 8 this season, Brisbane must throw everything at K Hunt.

K Hunt/A Milford combo for '15 is quite appealing to me unless Griffin manages to stuff this up as well. Even Locky is saying he wants K Hunt back in Broncos colour.

I would keep Ben Hunt in the team. Has been improving and has managed to spark the team (our only try last night came courtesy of him and he came within a breath of scoring another). There would still be a place for K.Hunt if he returned here.

I'm currently watching a classic game on Fox Sports, Broncos v Knights in 2004.

Karmichael is doing most of the kicking duties with Lockyer out injured (Ikin & McGuire are the halves), and it looks really natural, he's getting a heap of power behind his kicks from inside our own half, and it's pretty damn accurate from what I've seen so far, imagine how accurate he'll be nowadays with a few years in the AFL.. You never know..

I think our halves combo next year will definitely be Hunt / Milford, it's just a matter of which Hunt.

I don't know why Broncos would keep Hunt around for that long and even bother trying to develop him into an NRL standard halfback if they're just going to give him the punt anyway..

I don't think Khunt will be in the halves. I don't even really think he will even come back.

Last edited:
Ben Hunt is playing great, give him an actual halves partner to work with and we've got something

I don't know why Broncos would keep Hunt around for that long and even bother trying to develop him into an NRL standard halfback if they're just going to give him the punt anyway..

I don't think Khunt will be in the halves. I don't even really think he will even come back.

I think he will come back and I think he could be great at centre, hell I think he could play just about anywhere.

With the uncertainty around Milford coming and barba's form it would be great to have Khunt back for his versatility. If Milford comes and Barba finds form again, then he plays centre/wing or off the bench

If not we have

1. Khunt
6. Barba
7. BHunt
9. Macca

or

1. Khunt
6. Milford
7. Bhunt
9. Macca

or

1. Khunt
6. Tayler/Duncan P./1 x Nikorima
7. Bhunt
9. Macca

Having Khunt back provides a lot of safety if any of this up in the air stuff falls through

Ben Hunt is playing great, give him an actual halves partner to work with and we've got something

facebook_like_button_big1.jpg

Re: K Hunt

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...l-hunt-the-money/story-fniabjcr-1226878122655

After last night loss and if Broncs don't make top 8 this season, Brisbane must throw everything at K Hunt.

K Hunt/A Milford combo for '15 is quite appealing to me unless Griffin manages to stuff this up as well. Even Locky is saying he wants K Hunt back in Broncos colour.

won't have anything to do with Griffin because he'll be gone if / when the broncos don't make the 8

He could play in the centres and still handle some of the kicking duties. Just going to share it between Barba, Milford, Hunt, Hunt and McCullough. Opposition teams will have no idea what's going on.

How short are our memories -I remember the day we got belted by Canberra 64-6 or something like that and guess who was playing half back - K. HUNT - Now cast your mind forward a few years and after 3 or 4 years out of the game people are talking about throwing him in at half back or 5/8th
Sure we have seen Isreal play magnificently at fullback for the Blues in Sydney but he only had 2 years in AFL and had the natural ability - what I have seen from KH is the running fullback without fear - not a bad pass when chiming into the backline but as 5/8th or halfback after all this time - no thanks - centre - is my best spot for him and don't spend a bucket on him - he either wants to come back for the right reasons or not at all

any sneaky news on the ins and outs maybe for our team for later today

How short are our memories -I remember the day we got belted by Canberra 64-6 or something like that and guess who was playing half back - K. HUNT - Now cast your mind forward a few years and after 3 or 4 years out of the game people are talking about throwing him in at half back or 5/8th
Sure we have seen Isreal play magnificently at fullback for the Blues in Sydney but he only had 2 years in AFL and had the natural ability - what I have seen from KH is the running fullback without fear - not a bad pass when chiming into the backline but as 5/8th or halfback after all this time - no thanks - centre - is my best spot for him and don't spend a bucket on him - he either wants to come back for the right reasons or not at all

Yeah, hardly anyone has said to put him halfback. The general consensus has been to play him at centre or fullback. One or two people have said in the halves so why not quote those posts so people know what posts you are talking about

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • IceWorks
  • teampjta
  • Fatboy
  • Rambstien
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • jarro65
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.