[RUMOUR] THREE significant signings in the pipeline

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Re: [RUMOR] THREE "Significant" signings in the pipeline - The Australian

**** me is this team delusional?! The fact that Hoffman needed to subbed out in attack should make it bloody obvious that his attacking skills are sub par at FULLBACK.

Nut up or shut up

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Any of the players who are whinging about Barba can **** off. If the useless sacks of collective shit, coaching staff included, did their job, and did it well, the club wouldn't need to purchase outside talent.

If Hoffman isn't happy, and wants to play fullback, go to another club who will play a mediocre fullback in the number 1 jersey. He's a winger, but a FB, I don't care if he played well in the last few games of the season, after a replacement was signed. He should have been committed for the entire season. Play every game like your job is on the line, not the last 4.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008

As others have said, the players aren't in an y position to have too much say- a more realistic opinion would be the realisation that they need all the talented new blood they can get.
Let's not forget that what was served up this year puts them at the bottom of the pack in terms of Broncos' teams.
As a collective, Dumb, basic stuff without much technique or ticker- one or two excluded.
If there is an attitude from some about The hairdresser signing, it is completely laughable.
Anyway, what Nashy said.

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013

yeah im not disagreeing its just what ive been told, tbh i found it odd, because for one barba was talking to all the broncs players for ages after the rd26 game and also that instagram photo and combated with the fact their cousins arent they?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

I heard from a bronco that not many are happy about barba joining the club at all and are sticking up for hoffman who everyone at the club is expecting to sign elsewhere .

If this is the case, Hook needs to get in there and stamp some authority. NOW. You simply can not have the players dictating terms (giggle) to the coach or the club. This will be a big factor in the debate as to whether the players like hook, or respect him. If they don't respect him, this could end badly.

It was the same last year when they brought in Prince. The players bitched that they were being pushed out, Norman lost his spot and was pushed to fullback, Hoffman to the wing. Norman signed elsewhere, good riddance. You can feel for Hoffman because the Barba signing will again push him out of position, and the only thing that I can agree with the players on is that it's unfortunate that both of these moves have directly impacted one of the few players who can actually hold their head high and say they did everything they could. But the players have to stop acting like they deserve a Broncos jersey, which is why Hook has to get in there and stamp this shit out. You want to play in your preferred positions, get on chummy with the coach, and finish 12th? **** right off now to a club that tolerates it. You want to win? Shut the **** up and do what's best for the team, play where you're most valuable, and be honoured to wear the jersey.

FWIW, I doubt that Hoffman is behind all this noise. I reckon the players like him so much that they're sticking up for him even if he's not asking for it, and rightly or wrongly showing him that they support him.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008

FB isn't Hoffmans position the fucking wing is!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

someone on an internet forum claims that Broncos players are whinging about the Barba signing and everyone believes it like its the word of god :001_rolleyes:

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013

someone on an internet forum claims that Broncos players are whinging about the Barba signing and everyone believes it like its the word of god :001_rolleyes:

I'd like to think so mate

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011

What culture? Not turning up to play each week and being prima Donna, pretty boys?

At least when Barba plays he puts in 100%!

Lol you cant actually be serious

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

If there is any truth to it then Thaiday needs to act like a captain and get this sorted.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

FWIW, I doubt that Hoffman is behind all this noise. I reckon the players like him so much that they're sticking up for him even if he's not asking for it, and rightly or wrongly showing him that they support him.

Or maybe they are realising if it can happen to Hoff they're all in the firing line. The club is finally doing something to improve the squad and some players who aren't confident of keeping their spots are threatened.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Or maybe they are realising if it can happen to Hoff they're all in the firing line. The club is finally doing something to improve the squad and some players who aren't confident of keeping their spots are threatened.

Well... Good! They should be nervous.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

They shouldn't be nervous at all. It's detrimental to your psyche and your playing ability. They need to perform better, but there are different ways of getting someone there mentally other than to make them nervous that their spot is going to be taken away from them.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe it's Sonny Bill Williams?
I would be very happy with that signing, even if only for a year or two until we can bring DCE over here :)

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Yeah the players are defending josh and are also concerned that barbas issues won't gel well with the Broncos culture

Yeah, we have developed a culture of mediocrity and tantrum throwing, barba definitely won't gel with that. **** the players this is the most ridiculous shit I have heard. I sincerely hope you have made this up cos if this is honestly what the players think they can go **** themselves and get out of the jersey. **** me that's attrocious

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

They shouldn't be nervous at all. It's detrimental to your psyche and your playing ability. They need to perform better, but there are different ways of getting someone there mentally other than to make them nervous that their spot is going to be taken away from them.

So what, we don't sign anyone and keep the exact same squad and pray that some time in the next ten years they get there shit together? Sounds like a great idea coach!

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013

There was a small tidbit in the Courier Mail a couple of weeks ago that was in a similar vain, bout how unhappy and shocked the players were with the treatment Wallace got and it was a wake up call that it could happen to anyone so according to the article players were now going to test themselves on the open market where as previously they would just automatically re-sign.

Can't have players running the club it's one of the things that stuffed up the Raiders,

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

There was a small tidbit in the Courier Mail a couple of weeks ago that was in a similar vain, bout how unhappy and shocked the players were with the treatment Wallace got and it was a wake up call that it could happen to anyone so according to the article players were now going to test themselves on the open market where as previously they would just automatically re-sign.

Can't have players running the club it's one of the things that stuffed up the Raiders,

i'd love some of our players to test themselves in the open market. Might make them realise how their stock has fallen the last couple of seasons when other clubs aren't flooding them with offers.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Cavalo
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Nerd
  • Galco
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • bazza
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.