Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you think someone starts thinking about taking on a role as important as an NRL clubs football operations manger

.......from the moment they sign the contract?

Gee should have been always on the look out for talent flowing through Brisbanes hands.....whether he was being paid to or not.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

One of your best. That's outstanding.

FTR regarding the Inglis situation, I'm fairly sure Inglis has been quoted as saying what soured him on the Broncos was Ivan. Not because of his coaching "skills" but the fact that he didn't seem too interested in meeting Greg prior to signing. If true, a slight onus of blame should be on Gee but the majority I lay at the feet of Henjack.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

One of your best. That's outstanding.

Harry, I was serious.

I'll compare my own career with Gee......possibly an odd the thing to do, but anyway

We have similar roles.....we manage production. I ...like he, have others doing things, like talent scouting/R & D ......training......producing the work / winning games, but the bottom line is, I/he are over seeing the production line as a whole, it's paramount to our job performance. The buck stops with us. Now to be successful at it, you have to put a lot of energy into such a role. I was doing the previous operations manger's job for 2 or 3 years before I officially had the name plague on my desk. As I said, it's not a task to be taken lightly .......you kind of live and breath it well before you're being recognised as having the pay cheque.

FTR regarding the Inglis situation, I'm fairly sure Inglis has been quoted as saying what soured him on the Broncos was Ivan. Not because of his coaching "skills" but the fact that he didn't seem too interested in meeting Greg prior to signing. If true, a slight onus of blame should be on Gee but the majority I lay at the feet of Henjack.

Gee had a chance to lock Inglis up. The fact alone that he allowed one of his "employees" (Henjack) to influence the out come of the negotiation is bumbling inadequacy enough. If Gee had of being doing his job properly there's no way Inglis should have been going anywhere without a signed contact.

What did Gee take ......a handshake? Pffft ......muppett!!

That a good one, I like that. 'Sorry Andrew, you're fired!!! Sure, you don't actually have the job but you should have thought about that before not having the job.'

That a good one, I like that. 'Sorry Andrew, you're fired!!! Sure, you don't actually have the job but you should have thought about that before not having the job.'

and why was Andrew fired in the first place?

....how have Brisbane been travelling under his watch?

We're at an all time low .......

and why was Andrew fired in the first place?

....how have Brisbane been travelling under his watch?

We're at an all time low .......

You do realize most clubs go through a down period after their star decade-long legend play maker retire right? Have the Broncos management made mistakes? Yes. Have they learned from them? It appears so given what they have done since.

We have:
* Signed two stars for next year with a possibly third on the way
* Lost a kid who thought he was bigger than the team
* Seemingly lost another guy who doesn't want to do the team thing
* Signed a new fitness trainer with a long record of success
* Signed a new talent scout with a long record of success
* Gotten rid of under-performing players on decent money (I'm willing to stick with Thaiday for another season)
* Admitted out mistakes
* Recruited some more than handy depth players and two potential stars in Marba and Didot
* Had to overcome the dark ages of Cullen and Henjack and their complete screwing up of the club
* Increase off field support for the team

All most of us are saying is that Griffin and Gee have both at least done enough to get another shot for at least a third of next season.

You do realize most clubs go through a down period after their star decade-long legend play maker retire right?

Oh yes ......and I'm fully aware of Gee's decision on how to "plug" the hole.

"Let's sign Peter Wallace for another 2 yrs"

:shot:

You do realize most clubs go through a down period after their star decade-long legend play maker retire right? Have the Broncos management made mistakes? Yes. Have they learned from them? It appears so given what they have done since.

We have:
* Gotten rid of under-performing players on decent money (I'm willing to stick with Thaiday for another season)
* Admitted out mistakes
* Recruited some more than handy depth players and two potential stars in Marba and Didot
* Had to overcome the dark ages of Cullen and Henjack and their complete screwing up of the club

All most of us are saying is that Griffin and Gee have both at least done enough to get another shot for at least a third of next season.

I think it's too early to call Vidot a star.

We have:
* Admitted out mistakes

These things should have happened at the end of the 2012 season, and like it has been said Griffin refused to go to the player market which could very well have cost us a decent half. So you can make as many excuses for them as you like, but at the end of the day their short comings definitely outweigh anything good they have done, and i still highly doubt it was Griffins initiative to change all these things.

As I said, it's not a task to be taken lightly .......you kind of live and breath it well before you're being recognised as having the pay cheque.

A valid point. However, how do you know he didn't? It's all well and good to put your thoughts forward in this sort of situation, but for all we know he did and was told by his then superior to go **** himself. IMO, you can't blame what happened prior to him taking on the role, on Gee.

A valid point. However, how do you know he didn't? It's all well and good to put your thoughts forward in this sort of situation, but for all we know he did and was told by his then superior to go **** himself. IMO, you can't blame what happened prior to him taking on the role, on Gee.

Your logic and reason Harry is killing my hard on for Gee.

Can we agree on blaming him for resigning Wallace and being "associated with" the **** up by not getting Inglis across the line?

Can we agree on blaming him for resigning Wallace and being "associated with" the **** up by not getting Inglis across the line?
Wallace is officially a Penrith Panther now :congrats:

I can agree to those terms lol.

For all my criticisms of Gee he's actually done his job this year and recruited well, I think he's earned a reprieve from my signature.

The lurker who I don't consider very credible is saying now griffin has possibly 10 games in 2014 to save his job and that kev will def be an assistant, and possibly head coach if griffin ***** up. So the rumour seems to still be there.

i think that was everyones thinking ... we all knew Broncos management wouldn't stand for another season like we have just had, and it certainly isn't any surprise (if true) that they're only giving him about a third of the season to save his job.

This was in the Sydney morning herald haha

Broncos calling
The money being thrown around by the Broncos has sparked speculation that Wayne Bennett will end up there in 2015. Cameron Smith has been offered a record $1.4million a year to head home. Martin Kennedy is said to be on $400,000 plus and the Raiders insist the money the Broncos are throwing at Anthony Milford is edging past $700,000. That smells like a club on a mission. The Raiders have told Milford that he is expected at training before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Evander
  • Howie
  • GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Cobra Kai
  • leish107
  • davidp
  • Reds2011
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.