Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Re: Sack Griffin

You're right. But it's his fault that nothing was fixed.

It's his fault that in the 2nd half we played like a bunch of nuffies.....?

How is it all Griffin's fault?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

It's his fault that in the 2nd half we played like a bunch of nuffies.....?

How is it all Griffin's fault?

first off, I've just tried to find any posts that backup what you are saying about Scotty. Basically, you're completely wrong, so your argument looks ridiculous.

I thought I had been clear in my criticism of the team, and the coaching staff across the forums of late. As above, I'm begining to come to the conclusion that you struggle with reading and comprehension.

Let me remind you, the head coach of a football team is 100% responsible for his team. He picked it, he trained them, and if they don't perform, it's back on him.

Now, given it is round 1, you're quite right. It is harsh to judge a coach based on one game, especially the very first game of a season. That's fine, and in the heat of the moment on Friday night, I was calling for sackings across the club. Big deal, I'm pretty passionate when we lose.

What pissed me off the most has been outlined. On Friday night, we played the exact same game that failed us late last year. We had the same problems in attack (none) and the same problems in defense.

Last year, something changed. One second everything was fine. The next, it wasn't.

The coach is employed to fix that. He didn't fix it last year, he didn't fix it in the off-season. So what exactly did he do during the off season? It seems like nothing. The players look unfit, they look huge, they look tired, and they don't look to be working for each other. Which is exactly what happened when our season died in 2012.

While he can't be blamed if the players are useless on the night, he can be blamed when it becomes a trend. He can be blamed when our attack does absolutely nothing at all. Two good plays of the night? That's not good enough.

From the football I've seen this weekend, we might beat the Warriors well. Other than that, we're riding home on penalties, just like the first half of our 2013 campaign.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Mr.Fourex, from the perspective of others, a change in coach would be very much a positive change considering the increasing amount of poor performances we've see under Griffin. I do understand and agree with your point however that it's not feasible at this point in time given the lack of alternatives available. Personally, I think he should be given more time, but he's on thin ice. What we're seeing at the moment isn't good enough and it needs to change. Yes, we're only 1 game into the season, but what we saw on Friday was the same garbage we saw last year.

Last edited:
Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

My point was that we were well on top of Manly in the first half when our completion rate was better than theirs. In the second half it swung around so severely that we gave ourselves little chance to win. No team is going to win many games or even have a chance of looking threatening in attack if they can only get to their kick in 50% of their sets....

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I like bacon.

I realise that might seem off topic at the moment, but if you read through Mr Fourex's ramblings, it will become clear.

We all need bacon.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

first off, I've just tried to find any posts that backup what you are saying about Scotty. Basically, you're completely wrong, so your argument looks ridiculous.

I thought I had been clear in my criticism of the team, and the coaching staff across the forums of late. As above, I'm begining to come to the conclusion that you struggle with reading and comprehension.

What was I saying about Scotty .....?

Does it relate to this?

And no, just because the premise of the thread is regarding sacking the coach does not mean I agree with it. I was having a go at somebody for criticizing others wanting positive change. Your logic fails.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Once again, I said NOTHING about sacking the coach, nor do I support that idea.

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Mr.Fourex, from the perspective of others, a change in coach would be very much a positive change considering the increasing amount of poor performances we've see under Griffin. I do understand and agree with your point however that it's not feasible at this point in time given the lack of alternatives available. Personally, I think he should be given more time, but he's on thin ice. What we're seeing at the moment isn't good enough and it needs to change. Yes, we're only 1 game into the season, but what we saw on Friday was the same garbage we saw last year.

All good points ......I'm the same. He should be given more time.

The admitted knee jerk squeals by some after Friday night's round 1 loss were way over the top.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

I like bacon.

I realise that might seem off topic at the moment, but if you read through Mr Fourex's ramblings, it will become clear.

We all need bacon.

Well done .....when all else fails and you've got nothing to contribute.....attack the poster.

You're a credit to your position here.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Settle on a side, settle on structures: attack and defence, get on-field leaders to keep the shape and get on with it.

I am getting a little tired of the focus on individuals and experimenting with positions after so long.

Build the team around Prince, and the 1, 7 and 9, get Thaiday where he belongs and get on with it.

The Storm have a team of relative nuffies but throw in their spine and some discipline and structure and bingo.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

I personally think Thaiday is wasted in the front row. Gotta push him to an edge. Whoever plays better out of Gillett and Glenn gets the other spot - personally Gillett brings spark from the bench so that's where I'd start him tbh.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Well done .....when all else fails and you've got nothing to contribute.....attack the poster.

Here:
Crispy_bacon_1-1-.jpg

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

...but anyone expressing their views in favour of losing Griffin are being shot down by 'Brad Miers' on the basis that we should just be content with the fact that we've done well for 25 years and therefore shouldn't be allowed to criticize the club....

the exact same reasoning was trotted out for why we should keep Wayne Bennett, and why apparently hes still the best coach in the game. didnt work then, doesnt work now.

i was in Griffins corner for the first 12-18 months. im out of if now. i dont want him sacked yet, but unless he shows hes actually got the balls to make some changes and has some coaching skills, i dont want him there in 2014.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

He didn't attack you, nor does he hold a position which would mean he has to treat you any differently. He's a user of this website who happens to be one of the founders. He's not an Admin.

If in doubt, always look for the Maroon colours username.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Roger that.....

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008

Settle on a side, settle on structures: attack and defence, get on-field leaders to keep the shape and get on with it.

I am getting a little tired of the focus on individuals and experimenting with positions after so long.

Build the team around Prince, and the 1, 7 and 9, get Thaiday where he belongs and get on with it.

The Storm have a team of relative nuffies but throw in their spine and some discipline and structure and bingo.
The rich incentives that the storm club offer's these nuffies, tramsforms them into supermen .

Who do you think will be the 1st NRL coach sacked this year ?
Warriors coach would be 1 of the favs in the bookies
Just 1 of many opinions of mine , lets hope and prey everything will be ok lol:loool:

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

The rich incentives that the storm club offer's these nuffies, tramsforms them into supermen .
nope, its pretty much 100% the coaching (not just bellamy, the entire coaching staff).

every player in the team has a job to do, and the storm coaching staff make sure that each player knows what that job is and how to do it exactly as required. theyre so clinical because they play to a great gameplan and execute it to perfection.

Last edited:
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

nope, its pretty much 100% the coaching (not just bellamy, the entire coaching staff).

every player in the team has a job to do, and the storm coaching staff make sure that each player knows what that job is and how to do it exactly as required. theyre so clinical because they play to a great gameplan and execute it to perfection.

This is an understatement of just how clinical it is.

Well drilled.

Fredie. I need you to check your Private Messages mate.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.