Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Re: Sack Griffin

He was very good in the early part of last year which is why he was picked for Origin. I don't remember when he first got picked to start but it coincided with his form slump.

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012

What will it take for the naysayers to agree Griffin needs to go? A 30 point belting this weekend?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Sack Griffin

What will it take for the naysayers to agree Griffin needs to go? A 30 point belting this weekend?

Hopefully he can turn it all around. 2 losses won't be enough

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

IMO: Griffin seems to be mollycoddling the 'younger' players.

What he should be doing is putting a cracker up them.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

if we start sacking our coach every year and a half, we may as well start wearing blue and gold jerseys and call ourselves the Parramatta Eels

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

if we start sacking our coach every year and a half, we may as well start wearing blue and gold jerseys and call ourselves the Parramatta Eels
we might actually buy a decent player every now and then at least?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

ill take sandow at $550k over Wallace at the $300k+ he'd be on any day of the week.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

not at all.

but if you can say with a straight fact that wallace is a better halfback than sandow ill eat my hat.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

not at all.

but if you can say with a straight fact that wallace is a better halfback than sandow ill eat my hat.

You can't but you couldn't be in your right mind if you think Sandow is worth paying 550K.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

like i said, compared to what we're (most likely) paying wallace, yes, he's worth $550k. wallace signed with us for around $200k a season iirc back in 2008 was it? hes had 2 upgraded contracts since then, and has played origin so theres another minimum $50k added on top of his asking price. i wouldnt be surprised if hes pushing $400k minimum.

N

nostradamus

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2013

AP as you seem to be a fan of Gillett would you resign him? and what would you pay him?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

like i said, compared to what we're (most likely) paying wallace, yes, he's worth $550k. wallace signed with us for around $200k a season iirc back in 2008 was it? hes had 2 upgraded contracts since then, and has played origin so theres another minimum $50k added on top of his asking price. i wouldnt be surprised if hes pushing $400k minimum.

You seem to like to speculate.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

AP as you seem to be a fan of Gillett would you resign him? and what would you pay him?
i am, but he seriously needs to eliminate his stupid mistakes from his game, both offensive and defensive. I would think $250k maximum, but being an origin player for the foreseeable future I would expect he would want $300k minimum. That would be the absolute maximum I would offer, especially based on his form over the last 12 months.

You seem to like to speculate.
of course it's speculating. All we have is this:
- Wallace signs for $180k-$200k for 2008.
- contract is for 4 years, but will be renegotiated if he plays representative football.
- plays origin 2008 and 2009
- resigns with broncos til end of 2012 on upgraded offer.
- resigns with broncos til end of 2015, on what would again be an upgraded offer.

Its not outlandish to expect his deal to have almost doubled since his first contract, after having played origin and being a first grader every week. Googling him says his salary for 2012 was $300k. He wouldn't have taken a pay cut with his 2013-2015 deal.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

If Wallace is on 400K then whoever gave the ok to that deal should be sacked immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Rambstien
  • Johnny92
  • johnyE
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • kiwibronco
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.