NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Re: Sack Griffin

i actually think kimmorley will make a good nrl coach

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
We bought one player that might be able to change things up.......other than that the team is the same. You think somehow over a couple of months average players are going to miraculously turn into better than average?

As I said.......it's going to get rough, but then again.....we've only just had the opening round. I'm expecting some improvement over time.

This. One player isn't going to make all that much of a difference. Unless its a JT or Cronk, someone who is really elite.

It's the first game of the season, people need to wake up to themselves. You watch most games this weekend and teams will be disjointed.

I'd rather lose games now rather than the business end of the season.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

This. One player isn't going to make all that much of a difference. Unless its a JT or Cronk, someone who is really elite.

It's the first game of the season, people need to wake up to themselves. You watch most games this weekend and teams will be disjointed.

I'd rather lose games now rather than the business end of the season.

Absolutely!

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Watched a few. Other teams look far better than the Broncos.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Parra for example although they did come up against a terrible Warriors team. You've only gotta look at how the Bulldogs went against the Cowboys to see the difference a quality coach makes to a team. The Dogs missing their best player and half their forward pack.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Crocker on the Sunday Footy Show - "we spent the off-season working on new structures and systems"

I reakon our players spent the off-season working on new waistlines.

Watching them analyse the Storm's structure, it's beautiful to watch.

Last edited:
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

No point sacking a coach unless you're replacing him with someone better and atm there isn't anyone better. It's only round one so hook deserves the benefit of the doubt but it's hard to identify exactly what they have spent the off season improving on, the problems that existed last season were there to see again on Friday night. I rate hook, I think he is the right guy for the Broncos but I think he needs people around him that better compliment and strengthen his deficiencies, namely in attack. Wallace may not be the most creative half but he still possess the basic skills of a half, if he had a structure to work within and to fall back on I believe he wouldn't have the pressure to overplay his hand or allow a set to fall apart as often as it does. We are not adapting to our limitations and it's not fair on Wallace, hes never going to play like lockyer and we shouldn't have a game plan that pretends that he can. He needs structure to play within himself and hook needs to recognise that imo.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

I was going to say that I am very impressed with what Flanagan did at the Sharks, but after the latest news... Probably better giving it a miss! :scared:

P.S. Sorry about that dislike nopatience, was an accident...

Last edited:
J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

Ehhhh hard to judge in round one. I still don't think it's panic stations.

Eg. Warriors were pitiful whilst Eels played fairly well. I wasn't all that impressed with the Bulldogs and the Cowboys did make a lot of simple errors.

This is why Wayne Bennett coached teams generally do well in the early stages - simple structures and game plan gets you wins when other teams are struggling early in the year. However, as teams like the Manly's under Hasler and Storm continue to build their season brick by brick, those simple plans and structures get left in the dust (a lot of the time).

And even if the Broncos do have a bad season, IMO it is hardly Griffins fault. If it wasn't for Darren Lockyer, Brisbane never would have recovered so soon from the departure of Allan Langer. Lockyer is a huge loss and it's still showing imo. Further to this point, have we really seen the likes of Norman, Hunt, Reed, Glenn, McCullough, Wallce improve THAT much in their careers? I don't think so. Not saying they are deadwood, but they aren't the worldbeaters (doesn't go for all those players, clearly) people think they are/expect them to be.

B

Brad Miers

NYC Player
Feb 22, 2013

Hook is a good bloke. After the first game of the year the knives are out. Do yourselves a favour and walk into the bathroom and have alook at yourselves in the mirror. Broncofans have been spoilt with the tremendous success over 25 years and I cringewith all the crap I am reading on this forum.
Being a regional fan I am lucky to get to a game per yearbut have had the experience of meeting South’s fans at the Caxton. They love their team no matter what; and South’shave had their time in the wilderness.
Toughen up ladies. You can always support soccer.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

It really doesn't matter how good of a bloke Hook is. I hope he gets the team heading in the right direction. Sacking him at this stage is just wrong. That said I can see the knives coming out fast if we are struggling near the bottom of the ladder come Origin time.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011

Hook is a good bloke. After the first game of the year the knives are out. Do yourselves a favour and walk into the bathroom and have alook at yourselves in the mirror. Broncofans have been spoilt with the tremendous success over 25 years and I cringewith all the crap I am reading on this forum.
Being a regional fan I am lucky to get to a game per yearbut have had the experience of meeting South’s fans at the Caxton. They love their team no matter what; and South’shave had their time in the wilderness.
So because Hook is a good bloke we have to put up with shit performances??? The reason people get worked up is because we love the Broncos so much.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

I've been pretty unimpressed with Hook, we've had some glaring deficiencies that just haven't been fixed and his use of the bench is abysmal. I don't like seeing coaches sacked midseason though so if got to go, it should be at the end of the season.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

h022.gif

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

What a load of fucking shit. Just because we have been good for 25 years doesn't mean we have to accept mediocrity. And how does our attitude towards performances mean we don't love the broncos? I'll 'toughen up' when you smarten up. You can always support lawn bowls.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Just because we have been good for 25 years doesn't mean we have to accept mediocrity.

So true .....!!

After getting knocked out of the semi finals (oh...that's right, we were in the finals last year)

and after losing our first game of the season in .....>gasp< ROUND 1 !!!

Yes.....you're quite right. The coach and half the team should be sacked ....there's no question about it!!!

:001_rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • barker
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Johnny92
  • dasherhalo
  • Porthoz
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky24
  • Dannymh
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.