Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless of the degree of truth to all this stuff, clearly there's something not right in the joint ... much as I thought / hoped the broncos were mature enough to move forward post Wayne Bennett, clearly we need someone of his ilk back at the club to grab it by the back of the neck and run shit like the broncos should be run.

this current 'days of our lives' stuff is just fucking weak ..

Last edited:
Hot Sauce.

Mark-Gasnier-5920223.jpg

regardless of the degree of truth to all this stuff, clearly there's something not right in the joint ... much as I thought / hoped the broncos were mature enough to move forward post Wayne Bennett, clearly we need someone of his ilk back at the club to grab it by the back of the neck and run shit like the broncos should be run.

this current 'days of our lives' stuff is just fucking weak ..

I second this.

And thirds.

We are not the power we used to be - I sincerely hope the wheels are in motion to change that. Off-season changes were a positive, so I'm reserving judgement for now. Just get on with it, we're over due for another premiership FFS :motz:

Does Griffin actually understand what areas we need fixing?

You all know what the perfect cure for all the chinese whispers, players not being happy, falling out with the coach etc, winning. Starting off well and building a winning season, creating a winning culture within the joint will make all of this other `stuff' disappear in my view.

And to the contrary, if we start off poorly, all of this will just keep building momentum until the pressure valve is released, probably with Hook's removal.

regardless of the degree of truth to all this stuff, clearly there's something not right in the joint ... much as I thought / hoped the broncos were mature enough to move forward post Wayne Bennett, clearly we need someone of his ilk back at the club to grab it by the back of the neck and run **** like the broncos should be run.

and what do you have to suggest this? so far there is hoffman who may or may not want to go play fullback. from all reports though he's been working hard at training and looking happy

.. and a "report" about thaiday hating griffin. but quotes from both players and coach, as well as what we saw on the weekend suggest he has been busting his ass this pre-season

so i dunno what 'somethings not right in the joint' means.

yes we can say griffin may not have what it takes to be the coach but thats purely a "coaching ability" point of view.

considering buzz rothfield was the ONLY person in the media to post the 'thaiday/griffin' "breaking point" info id suggest its rothfields usual dart throwing rubbish unless theres some more reliable info surfaces.

Last edited:
This is really a pointless thread until we are two or three games into the season and see whether Hook has actually changed anything during the off season.
Reports are Hannant was offloading at will during his match the other night. Wonder whether it is a step down in class or if they have been practising offloading

This is really a pointless thread until we are two or three games into the season and see whether Hook has actually changed anything during the off season.
Reports are Hannant was offloading at will during his match the other night. Wonder whether it is a step down in class or if they have been practising offloading

You would hope we don't go too far the other way.

and what do you have to suggest this?

Nine years working the same job as these journos who're reporting this, that's what.

Sure, sensationalising things went with the territory but stories were never just created out of thin air.

Re: Trial #3 vs. Warriors Pre-Match Discussion

Is Hook waiting to see who looks best in the pics before he names his team
Not naming the team is great for NOT promoting the game in NZ
How long has the dunderhead taken the name the team and why would the ALL the players who were already over in NZ fLy back home on Tuesday I think and then fly back over their 4 days later - what a waste of time and money if you ask me - he should have named the side Monday - flew blokes home who were not picked and the others fly over and train in a camp environment over there
But anyway I am not the coach and me thinks in about 5 or 6 weeks Hook wont be either!!!!!!

Is Hook waiting to see who looks best in the pics before he names his team
Not naming the team is great for NOT promoting the game in NZ
How long has the dunderhead taken the name the team and why would the ALL the players who were already over in NZ fLy back home on Tuesday I think and then fly back over their 4 days later - what a waste of time and money if you ask me - he should have named the side Monday - flew blokes home who were not picked and the others fly over and train in a camp environment over there
But anyway I am not the coach and me thinks in about 5 or 6 weeks Hook wont be either!!!!!!

I swear you guys will find any reason to give Hook shit.

Parker is the back up player of the team - he follows play around like Slater and Barba - that is why he gets hs hand on the ball so much - he is only getting better at off loading and that will not be of much benefit up front - how many tries does he save with his great tackles - that wont happen if he is in the middle of the paddock and I can tell you that Glenn, Thaiday and Gillett cannot tackle anywhere near as well and as often as Parker
Question - how do you stuff up a great back row and bench - ASK HOOK - HE WILL TELL YOU ITS EASY - He has done it before and looks like he will be doing it again

Give HOOK THE HOOK NOW and bring Kev in immediately

Parker is the back up player of the team - he follows play around like Slater and Barba - that is why he gets hs hand on the ball so much - he is only getting better at off loading and that will not be of much benefit up front - how many tries does he save with his great tackles - that wont happen if he is in the middle of the paddock and I can tell you that Glenn, Thaiday and Gillett cannot tackle anywhere near as well and as often as Parker
Question - how do you stuff up a great back row and bench - ASK HOOK - HE WILL TELL YOU ITS EASY - He has done it before and looks like he will be doing it again

You realize Barba plays for us now so we have a much faster and evasive "back up player". His job is to go forward and offload, just like it always has been.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Allo
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.