Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things change?

Don't worry porthoz, I'm still here. The announcement this evening about hoffman is quite interesting. There is more to be played out here so don't go jumping the gun just yet. Here is something for you to think about, why didn't hoffman or the broncos management hold the press conference about his so called commitment to the club??????

Don't worry porthoz, I'm still here. The announcement this evening about hoffman is quite interesting. There is more to be played out here so don't go jumping the gun just yet. Here is something for you to think about, why didn't hoffman or the broncos management hold the press conference about his so called commitment to the club??????

Because it was such an obvious non-issue to the club that it was completely unnecessary to hold a press conference. Instead they organized an interview with Broncos legend, Wally Lewis and let him "personally" call members so they could hear the words out of his mouth. Grasping at straws mate.

Because it was such an obvious non-issue to the club that it was completely unnecessary to hold a press conference. Instead they organized an interview with Broncos legend, Wally Lewis and let him "personally" call members so they could hear the words out of his mouth. Grasping at straws mate.

you are delirious..

Well Cult already replied above, but seriously...

- Interview with Wally.
- Personal phone message to members.
- Joint press release with Player's agent.

A press conference to announce a player contracted for another 2 years, is... staying put?

- Interview with Wally.

A press conference to announce a player contracted for another 2 years, is... staying put?

Just wait and see....

- Interview with Wally.

And the Broncos have copped a fair bit of flack recently for hosting press conferences about little things, especially when Broncos fans are expecting something of a much larger scale.

It was raining so Thaiday fell out...of bed.

I love the idea of trialling Parker at prop, it's a TRIAL. If it works it's another bonus for our set-up, if not we have three other basically origin quality props to come back in. Let's not forget that Barba won a Dally M behind a strong forward pack that offloaded at will. Having Parker and McG as props to start before Parker reverting to lock after 15-20 means we are doing everything we can to utilize Barba as he was in 2012. To me, that is good thinking from the coach.

I love the idea of trialling Parker at prop, it's a TRIAL. If it works it's another bonus for our set-up, if not we have three other basically origin quality props to come back in. Let's not forget that Barba won a Dally M behind a strong forward pack that offloaded at will. Having Parker and McG as props to start before Parker reverting to lock after 15-20 means we are doing everything we can to utilize Barba as he was in 2012. To me, that is good thinking from the coach.

I agree completely ... but it doesn't matter what hook does some people just wont be happy.

I don't understand why some people are against us taking a risk during a trial match. when that is exactly the time to do it. if Parker works out starting at prop, it means we can start Glenn, Gillett and Thaiday as well. that means we will be starting our best offloaders and our best hole runners as well.

Just wait and see....

So your suggesting that they went to all that effort just to be made to look like fools a few weeks later. No offence mate but stop treating us like idiots, and if you actually do have a source that is feeding you this rubbish tell him to treat your intelligence with a bit more respect or tell him to **** off.

That is all completely unbelievable

The way I see it, Parker's finest moments were last year and in reality, he has been playing well for several years. Unless I'm crazy, Parker has played at prop for many matches. I could be wrong but we've seen him in the role. I have no problem with him playing there for a trial match, none at all but I just hope the Broncos and Hook play him where best suited. During our best years we had burly tough as teak no nonsense front rowers. Very few of them in the Beetson mould too. We left it to our second rowers to have the great ball handling role. I'm not saying our props had no skills that way but it was a simpler role for them. Get ground, get over the top of their opposites or at least match them and leave the fancy stuff for others. Parker at prop wastes a great talent. in my humble opinion.

The way I see it, Parker's finest moments were last year and in reality, he has been playing well for several years. Unless I'm crazy, Parker has played at prop for many matches. I could be wrong but we've seen him in the role. I have no problem with him playing there for a trial match, none at all but I just hope the Broncos and Hook play him where best suited. During our best years we had burly tough as teak no nonsense front rowers. Very few of them in the Beetson mould too. We left it to our second rowers to have the great ball handling role. I'm not saying our props had no skills that way but it was a simpler role for them. Get ground, get over the top of their opposites or at least match them and leave the fancy stuff for others. Parker at prop wastes a great talent. in my humble opinion.

No doubt you are right but the game has moved on. Everyone keeps saying we used to this and that and that is why we were successful. The common denominator in sentences like that is the past tense. The thins that used to work well in the basics like fitness and conditioning have even changed. Parker's selection at prop is not a brain explosion and especially given it's a trial, it's a fantastic idea. We used to be successful because we built game plans around star players and that is now Barba and the fact is Barba had his best season behind a strong and creative pack. Parker at prop is an idea that makes a lot of sense, especially in a trial and if it works a treat, even into the season proper.

Fair enough Sproj but even I recognise the game has moved on and it's not news to me. Fitness etc has evolved ,true enough. However, when I look back at the teams which were successful last year I see burly no nonsense tough nuts in the front row ! I don't think that part has really changed. Like I wrote earlier Parker was a raging success last year in his preferred position, how can it be a good move to play him elsewhere ? Sure, trials are okay but let someone less talented do the grunt work. Anyhoo, we will have to disagree on the merits of shifting someone who was picked as the best in the game in that position.

I suspect there will be a compromise and Hoffman will be released at the end of the season.

As for Griffin, he is seemingly great at being a calm, strong leader, but just doesn't have the ability to develop players skill-wise. Or on-field cohesion & teamwork. The answer could be what's been discussed previously - get a really decent skills coach in, and a defensive coach who's not Kearney. TBH it's too late now, and if anyone is going to get booted it'll be Griffin. Which is probably fair enough because he should have identified his own weaknesses and brought in people who complemented his skills.

Fair enough Sproj but even I recognise the game has moved on and it's not news to me. Fitness etc has evolved ,true enough. However, when I look back at the teams which were successful last year I see burly no nonsense tough nuts in the front row ! I don't think that part has really changed. Like I wrote earlier Parker was a raging success last year in his preferred position, how can it be a good move to play him elsewhere ? Sure, trials are okay but let someone less talented do the grunt work. Anyhoo, we will have to disagree on the merits of shifting someone who was picked as the best in the game in that position.

I see where you are coming from and if Parker doesn't do it justice, or alternatively the backrow isn't the same without him there, let's hope Hook is smart enough to realize it before half the season is gone .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.