Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil Henry to be Coach by round 5/6.

Henry couldn't get the Cows to fire with a pretty good roster, how is he the answer to our problems. He had a pretty basic game plan as well except he had JT and Bowen on the back of it.

I really wanted Hook to succeed but it is looking very much like he won't.

i cannot see why people think parker should be in the prop rotation. we got steamrolled by the warriors forwards all day today.

gillett and glenn offer nothing in hard earned metres nor defense. both of them on the field at the same time is going to get us nowhere.

thaiday should be ripping it on the edges but again he was put in the middle of hte field today.

i miss ben teo. jeez he was hitting hard yesterday in defense.

Last edited:
There are a lot of really mediocre coaches and the good ones are mostly tied up. So I'd throw some money at Jason Taylor or Noddy as an assistant and Bennett as head coach. Both Taylor and Kimmorley seem like they have the best footy brains. When Bennett retires, the assistant replaces him or we buy a top tier coach.

i cannot see why people think parker should be in the prop rotation. we got steamrolled by the warriors forwards all day today.

Lock and prop are very, very similar, it shouldn't make that big a difference. It's just the same poor defence as last year.

You can't have 3 edge back rowers on the field at the same time though, unless you want to be butt dominated.

Bring in Kimmorley as assistant coach ASAP and get him to take over our attack, and sack Kearney and let Griffin focus on defence, we seemed to be alright at that before Kearney had any role in our club.

I was really hoping Walters would come onboard as an assistant coach this year :(

Alec, can you explain again why you'd think Kimmorley would be a good assistant coach?

If anything our defence needs all the work. Our defence has gone backwards since Kearney arrived.

Lock and prop are very, very similar, it shouldn't make that big a difference. It's just the same poor defence as last year.

yes but its hte flow on effect of putting parker in prop.

it means that thaiday is the lock so thats an edge backrower playing in the middle when it should be 2 props PLUS parker in the middle.

Alec, can you explain again why you'd think Kimmorley would be a good assistant coach?

His work in helping transforming the Dogs into Grand Finalists, and listening to him when he's been commentating just seemed to like was a lot more knowledgeable than any other commentator bar Gould.

Yeah, it's not much to go on, but I get a good feeling about him.

I think Griffin has let Kearney take over defence ... now we leak points like the Eels.

maybe they should swap roles... Griffin has always been a decent defensive coach, but he has no idea about coaching attack

His work in helping transforming the Dogs into Grand Finalists, and listening to him when he's been commentating just seemed to like was a lot more knowledgeable than any other commentator bar Gould.

Yeah, it's not much to go on, but I get a good feeling about him.

Also he worked with the Faders in 2012, and they were pretty impressive that year without Campese. They were shit in 2013, but I'd prefer to put that down to all the dramas and Don Furner.

Edit: Scratch that, he was only with the Raiders last year.

Last edited:
Henry couldn't get the Cows to fire with a pretty good roster, how is he the answer to our problems. He had a pretty basic game plan as well except he had JT and Bowen on the back of it.

Do we have a sack Stephen Kearney thread?

I'd like to post something in that.

i bet thaiday isnt feeling so bad about losing the captaincy right now

I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back.

What if we were better off without any coach and assistant coach at all.

Last edited:
Stand by ...preparing to send.

Its embarrassing to have Griffen coach our great Club. Get rid of griffen.. Gee and White has to be held accountable! Griffen said he would stand by his under 20s. .. The under 20s arent up to nrl standard!Ben Hunt wouldn't play 7 for any other club in the nrl. Time to go hook. Lets start rebuilding with Kevvie as head coach alongside woolfe or get Henry to be assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • maddo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Robboi_321
  • marw
  • Harry Sack
  • HVbronco
  • kman
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.