Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people want Kevin Walters as coach? His record as a head coach isn't what I would call good...

Why do people want Kevin Walters as coach? His record as a head coach isn't what I would call good...

THIS.

If we replace Griffin, it can't be with our third straight rookie/relatively inexperienced coach ...

it needs to be a high profile coach with a good record (either NRL or ESL).

So people are starting to agree with my view on griffin. He is a muppet. As i said in one of the other threads, how he thinks keeping the same game plan that got us our worst finish in our history is a good idea is truly beyond me.

There are a lot of really mediocre coaches and the good ones are mostly tied up. So I'd throw some money at Jason Taylor or Noddy as an assistant and Bennett as head coach. Both Taylor and Kimmorley seem like they have the best footy brains. When Bennett retires, the assistant replaces him or we buy a top tier coach.

You don't hire Wayne Bennett and tell him "these are your assistant coaches" ...

So people are starting to agree with my view on griffin. He is a muppet. As i said in one of the other threads, how he thinks keeping the same game plan that got us our worst finish in our history is a good idea is truly beyond me.

Very few people have ever disagreed with you that griffin is shit, some people just got sick of it being said in every thread.

think you'll find most started to lean that away about 18 months ago ..

We all share your frustration . Problem is who takes his place. Or are you one of those who thinks we can just "get" anyone we want.
I'm not sure call griffin a muppet is adding anything to the discussion.

We all share your frustration . Problem is who takes his place. Or are you one of those who thinks we can just "get" anyone we want.
I'm not sure call griffin a muppet is adding anything to the discussion.

Nah not at all, i highly doubt many would want to touch our current crop tbh. Id say Neil Henry or Kevin Walters are our only real options.

Nah not at all, i highly doubt many would want to touch our current crop tbh. Id say Neil Henry or Kevin Walters are our only real options.
So you're saying we're lucky to have him:)

Last edited:
Getting a new coach won't make the players just suddenly remember how to tackle or play football. Some of the blame needs to be on the players. Thaiday for example needs to move up in defense because he stays back and waits and leaves gaps in our line. There's a lot of players that need to be looked at or replaced.

Lock and prop are very, very similar, it shouldn't make that big a difference. It's just the same poor defence as last year.

You can't have 3 edge back rowers on the field at the same time though, unless you want to be butt dominated.

you are right, lock and prop are similar however if they want parker to play 10 then it will affect his game immensely. Instead of taking 3rd/4th tackle hit up he will be expected to take the 1st/2nd which will result in more crash and bash rather than 2nd phase which is parkers best attribute. Also his overall size isn't suited to a traditional prop power game. They tried it with thaiday last year and failed so I ask hook and his cronies not to waste another players talent for this year. The overall defense needs a serious overhaul, and one thing I reckon that is really missing is a good old fashioned hard man in the squad, someone to intimidate in both defense and attack. The current squad really doesn't have a feared player, you look at some of the other top sides, roosters have hargreaves, bunnies have burgess, sea eagles have watmough, titans have bird, sharks have gallen/fifita, storm have harris, knights have jeremy smith, cowboys have taumololo/sims. I know some of these guys are douche bags but they carry an intimidation factor.

3 edge back rowers isn't going to work as well, I have never been a huge wrap on Glenn as he is very one dimensional and plays single corridor footy. He sits on the left and if the ball doesn't come to him he wont go looking for it. The team needs footballers and not robots who follow the coaches direction to the letter of the law each week.

Yeah, I'd prefer Parker at lock too, especially as we have some promising rookies/solid players to choose for the 4th front row spot too (Dodds, Molo, Ofanagahuehuehue)

You could play him at prop, but only if we have another middle third runner to replace him at lock....but then, what's the point.

Last edited:
Changing Parkers role is idiotic. Hook just needs to out Gillett on the bench and start 2 props.

Yeah, I'd prefer Parker at lock too, especially as we have some promising rookies/solid players to choose for the 4th front row spot too (Dodds, Molo, Ofanagahuehuehue)

You could play him at prop, but only if we have another middle third runner to replace him at lock....but then, what's the point.

yep I think your right. Molo is the man, he is a work in progress and will make some errors, however he carries the ball hard and also intimidates with his hard hitting defense. I'm still not sold on offahengaue though.

They just need to leave parker as a 13 so he can take the 3/4 tackle and cause havoc in and behind the ruck... whcih he has done for several years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • kman
  • Dexter
  • Robboi_321
  • Lostboy
  • RolledOates
  • GCBRONCO
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.