Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a new coach won't make the players just suddenly remember how to tackle or play football. Some of the blame needs to be on the players. Thaiday for example needs to move up in defense because he stays back and waits and leaves gaps in our line. There's a lot of players that need to be looked at or replaced.

It would a huge step in the right direction .. You reckon Craig Bellamy or Michael McGuire would've settled for the squads we've started the last two seasons with ?

you are right, lock and prop are similar however if they want parker to play 10 then it will affect his game immensely. Instead of taking 3rd/4th tackle hit up he will be expected to take the 1st/2nd which will result in more crash and bash rather than 2nd phase which is parkers best attribute. Also his overall size isn't suited to a traditional prop power game. They tried it with thaiday last year and failed so I ask hook and his cronies not to waste another players talent for this year. The overall defense needs a serious overhaul, and one thing I reckon that is really missing is a good old fashioned hard man in the squad, someone to intimidate in both defense and attack. The current squad really doesn't have a feared player, you look at some of the other top sides, roosters have hargreaves, bunnies have burgess, sea eagles have watmough, titans have bird, sharks have gallen/fifita, storm have harris, knights have jeremy smith, cowboys have taumololo/sims. I know some of these guys are douche bags but they carry an intimidation factor.

3 edge back rowers isn't going to work as well, I have never been a huge wrap on Glenn as he is very one dimensional and plays single corridor footy. He sits on the left and if the ball doesn't come to him he wont go looking for it. The team needs footballers and not robots who follow the coaches direction to the letter of the law each week.

Spot on the mark Talanoa. Its not the position on the field that counts its the order of the hit up you take.

As you have hinted before there is definitely something happening behind the scenes. There looks to be plenty of player disharmony. We did not look like a team who were playing for their coach, captain or team today.

It would a huge step in the right direction .. You reckon Craig Bellamy or Michael McGuire would've settled for the squads we've started the last two seasons with ?

Probably not because they're untested and it might show how good they really are.

Of the coaching talent that is available right now, our best, possibly, only real option is Daniel Anderson. He is an experienced coach at both NRL and ESL level, has had success at both levels. He also has a good record of coming into clubs and having early success.

It has gone to shit at a couple of clubs, but from the outside looking in, it looked to occur because he was a coach prepared to pull players into line and it did not go down well with some of his players and marquee players (warriors and Hayne at the eels).

If we are going to change the coach, please do not let it be for another rookie, we need an experienced coach with a track record.

It comes down to a fundamental lack of succession planning by management at the broncos. They did not have a proper succession plan in place for Bennett or to replace Cyril Connell, they did not have a proper succession plan in place for Lockyer. What you have seen in the last four years are the consequences of those failures. We are supposedly a well managed club, but the wheels have fallen off on the future planning. They might have finally addressed the Connell situation with the appointments last year and the Logan Academy. Still woefully behing the eight ball on the other two though.

Thought it was interesting that there were only quotes from gee in the articles about the game, I've seen no quotes from griffin. Hopefully they punted him straight after the game lol. That is literally the only positive that could have come out of that pathetic display

Thought it was interesting that there were only quotes from gee in the articles about the game, I've seen no quotes from griffin. Hopefully they punted him straight after the game lol. That is literally the only positive that could have come out of that pathetic display

I did find one positive. We didn't lose by as much as Newtown did.

Ahh well, I hope that they do not tell them at the first training session this week to assume their normal positions, because they will probably huddle behind the goal post with confused expressions on their faces.

I wonder if Phil Gould would be interested in coming up north to coach the Broncos. I can't think of anyone that has a better footy brain than Gould.

I wonder if Phil Gould would be interested in coming up north to coach the Broncos. I can't think of anyone that has a better footy brain than Gould.

I could not stand him coaching the broncos. Plus, will not realistically happen because he could not keep his media role and a full-time coaching role at the same time.

Don't know if this will be useful to the discussion but the Warriors made radical internal change to the coach / playing relationship last year a midst a chorus of fans crying out for Matt Elliot to be sacked.

The club has to have a crisis meeting surely ?

Close the doors. Bring in the entire playing group , Get the Recruitment officer speak first ending with " there is the door " and after everyone else has spoken.....have that man speak last ending with " There is the door "

Apart from that hard line x2 it might be useful to get every single player in the club to talk. " This is what I am good at , this is what I will bring against the Bulldogs "

The senior players ( a group of four so they are well supported and speak their mind ) need to have a private meeting with Griffin.

In that meeting they need to say what they think works well and identify stuff they don't believe in ( in the coaches plan ).

It is an ideal time if you are going to cop a thrashing to have all this resolved in the preseason.

The Warriors did all of the above after a sixty point hiding from Penrith and a two from ten record season of losses.

That was last year. They went on for seven straight Wins.

Apparently if the senior players tell the coach "we think this approach suits our style better " they deliver on their words even if they're not 100 % accurate....it's the buy in that matters....leaving things as they are will just see them fester and never deliver on a plan that deep down no one believes.

Do it now Broncos. Get them all together and leave senior management ( owners and Ceo's ) well out of it. Make it personal , make them own it.

I made a big assumption in that post that a crisis meeting hasn't been tried yet.

The Broncos nines team showed commitment and heart and some creativity.

All that went out the window yesterday , somethings wrong , and it's in peoples heads , it must be , they're not inspired.

Incidentally , the game plan the Warriors asked Elliot to throw out the Window was playing laterally and Inter passing between the Forwards.

They Told him they wanted to run two big men on every hit up and play directly through the meat of the ruck not away from it.

That influenced Elliot to change some of his selections and use Props as Props.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • RolledOates
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.