Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres seriously no point ever watching him speak, whether we are winning OR losing.

Seriously, what did you expect him to say?

Whatever we do next it has to be a winner. We really can't afford to keep sacking coaches. We are already on the nose with players imagine how bad it will get if they bring in another Brisbane team and we are still struggling.

The President of the Ukraine was outed! This is obviously just as bad, so maybe if we revolt, the same thing will happen with that devil, Anthony Griffin! SACK GRIFFIN, SACK GRIFFIN, SACK GRIFFIN!

Wishful thinking, what we really need is for the board to come out for full support of Griffin, that will do the trick.

if we go 0/2 to start the year the media pressure will be huge.

most journalists are probably preparing their stories now, after seeing sundays match.

A large part of me wants us to get absolutely destroyed in our first 4 games, there's no way Griffin will survive that.

And if we go 2-0?

depends on the kind of football we play. griffinball 12-10 type wins will just be delaying the inevitable.

i wouldnt so much mind going 0/2 if we showed alot of promise in attack and commitment in defense. some games the ball just isnt going to bounce your way and you lose.

To get a 12-10 scoreline would require some goal kicking ability or scoring 3 tries against those 3 opponents, hmm unlikely.

im prepared to cop shit for this but watching the vid gave me the impression thete was never any real intention to go over there and go for the 'W'.. rather just to get back injury free and i suppose get some game-intensity minutes into the big boys' legs.

FMD admittedly i sh@t upwards into my stomach a little when i saw the progross score at work...

but im still loathe to shoot ourselves by dumping hook unless a legit option arises (or is made to arise... not that im into that capatilistic method, but if youve extended your lead executive employee amidst one of the most tenuous periods in the Co's history.. youd hope that person is the type to wheel and deal with the devil, tony abbott, renee or raelene or whatever the **** her name is castle)

loathe to say it but even im not optimistic things will turnaround during his tenure.. but the bottom line is all we need is some onfield strategic direction... back office, recruiting, technical/operational HR (fitness), finances, we're forging ahead (ok Qs re morale) - if you were in charge honestly who would even give a **** about anything on-field, let alone an away trial loss with several 1st choice attacking backs unavailable.

back on topic... i could live with a neil henry assistant appointment... genuinely suprised if he'd even consider it now he's got it plum & must next in line down the road.

but FFS whatever rationale was employed to bring kearney on deck has to have been obliterated now, surely paying him out cannot be that much.. i dont care if glenn and no other kiwi or eel or stillnox dropping f***wit never wants to play with us again, get rid of this lazy eye ****.
if for whatever reason hook is affected, then bye bye griffy. surely you can miss out a few school night evenings with your kids for a few weeks early in the season drawing up some defensive patterns and bring in a ryan/carroll/tallis type to at least train if not coach the defense.

all that said.....

..... im expecting better, much better even come rd1. what that means in terms of results that game or througout the season - im too much of a ****** to guess....

Somebody else maybe able to confirm this but apparently when Hook was interviewed pre-match he basically came out and said that his only concern was injuries. Which going by the performance makes sense.

Obviously not a great performance and it re-enforces why Hook has four games to turn around but I'd be willing to give him that time. A trial, is a trial and Hook did a lot of lolly-gagging in that game and played right into the Warriors hands. Oh well, made for a crappy Sunday afternoon, but that's all there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KevieBurnerAccount
  • eggstar10
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • azza.79
  • Astro
  • fizzypool63
  • mieko
  • johnny plath
  • Tmac
  • Pablo
  • bb_gun
  • Brotherdu
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • leish107
  • Justwin
  • Dash
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.