Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you mean emotion like Wayne Bennett used to... i think i saw him show genuine emotion once in his 20 years as Broncos coach.

If people expect coaches to do anything other that spin and PR in pre and post match interviews they are deluding themselves ...

oh apart from Stuart and Toovey who just spend the whole time blaming the ref after a loss.

A coaches true thoughts will be save for the team privately at training and video review sessions ...

Wayne is at least honest.

thats right foordy, broncos arent exactly attractors of sympathisers in the media world... plus (not that it makes that much difference) but the post vid wasnt a bronc clip but a media shot right off the plane......

granted if it was me - and ive crossed some of those ***** holding the mics/recorders, id have trouble not unleasing a spray on those ****s, my team, my woman, my fam, whatever... talking to those aggrivating ***** is like ****ing blades...

not that he (or... for eg, bennett) is the type...

Last edited:
We'll learn from that, we will go on doing what we were doing before that. those were his exact words

When did he say that exactly? Because I heard different...

I agree Foordy, no other coach got criticised more for their performances in the media conferences than Bennett yet he's regarded as one of the best in history.

Wayne is at least honest.

true actually.. but i dunno i reckon that was later in his tenure as he built the reputation & confidence???

although it is hard to listen to this MF... lol

Do you have a link?
Here are you go Porthoz

DI*VID*ING THE STATE

The Courier-Mail
24 February 2014

Queenslanders are strongly divided on the future of Griffin as coach of the Broncos.
After a 2013 season where the Broncos dropped to an all-time low of 12th place, many were surprised Griffin received a 1-year stay of execution, given his predecessor Ivan Henjak (right) was booted after 1 season missing the finals.
Change.org had 1 petition to sack Griffin (with only 38 signatures) while broncoshq.com had 2198 comments on a post calling for his sacking.

Copyright © 2012 NewspaperDirect Inc.

We are special!! Is that journo 1910?

quoting 38 signatures is hardly representative. one look at the comments on brisbane broncos facebook shows how everyone feels

i don think there is really any division on the matter.

there is obviously those who give the benefit of the doubt after the trial but they arent going to feel the same away after 2 weeks of similar performances.

the boys may fo been given a couple days off it seems as i saw parker post that he's going fishing tomorrow

Last edited:
Thank you [MENTION=8219]Splinter[/MENTION]. Awesome work! And as Ning says, free publicity!

Here are you go Porthoz

DI*VID*ING THE STATE

The Courier-Mail
24 February 2014

Queenslanders are strongly divided on the future of Griffin as coach of the Broncos.
After a 2013 season where the Broncos dropped to an all-time low of 12th place, many were surprised Griffin received a 1-year stay of execution, given his predecessor Ivan Henjak (right) was booted after 1 season missing the finals.
Change.org had 1 petition to sack Griffin (with only 38 signatures) while broncoshq.com had 2198 comments on a post calling for his sacking.

Copyright © 2012 NewspaperDirect Inc.

**** yeah, go BHQ!

Strongly divided? I've seen very very very little support for Griffin. It's nothing but "Sack Griffin" on the facebook page and in the general public..

Broncos public relations officer: There are very few intelligent, inspirational, and strategic coaches in this league.
Griffin: Well, that certainly leaves me out. he said emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • Sproj
  • azza.79
  • BRC088
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • Elcapitano20
  • mitch222
  • Dreaglor
  • Gaz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.