Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. the whole "it was just a trial" can be trotted out til the cows come home but we'll find out soon enough if it has any weight to it.

at least going into round 1 i have very, very low expectations that much has changed.

i will glady eat my hat if i'm wrong but i think its safe to say "sack griffin now" will still be around post rnd 2

Somebody else maybe able to confirm this but apparently when Hook was interviewed pre-match he basically came out and said that his only concern was injuries. Which going by the performance makes sense.

yes, he did say that.

again i guess we just have to wait to see how we go in 12 days time.

the fact hunt looked so clueless doesnt point to the excuse of "Just being a trial". theres too much on the line for him and the broncos at large to just turn up and play like that.

exactly. the whole "it was just a trial" can be trotted out til the cows come home but we'll find out soon enough if it has any weight to it.

at least going into round 1 i have very, very low expectations that much has changed.

i will glady eat my hat if i'm wrong but i think its safe to say "sack griffin now" will still be around post rnd 2

It's a safe bet it will be still here mate, this thread is 117 pages long, his here, how long is determined by the first 4-5 rounds most crucial the first 3, anything less then convincing performances and his got to go period.

Last edited:
Somebody else maybe able to confirm this but apparently when Hook was interviewed pre-match he basically came out and said that his only concern was injuries. Which going by the performance makes sense.

If his only concern was injuries, then you might as well just not play at all. :drum:

The trial wasn't a good indication, no, but you'd have to be mindful that his halves combination kept swapping in and out between Nikorima/Hoffman & Strasser. With a more settled line-up and more games under his belt, we'll get a better sense of where Hunt is at.

If Hooks only worry was injuries why would you bother sending over your strongest team. Besides that surely you wouldn't be telling your players that. I couldn't see any change in how we played from last year which was a major worry.

Obviously not a great performance and it re-enforces why Hook has four games to turn around but I'd be willing to give him that time. A trial, is a trial and Hook did a lot of lolly-gagging in that game and played right into the Warriors hands. Oh well, made for a crappy Sunday afternoon, but that's all there was.

He said we can take a lot out of the game, but we will just keep doing what we're doing. its just his same old attitude.

yep it all points to no idea and not much changing this season. and we've all been able to see it since 2012.

He said we can take a lot out of the game, but we will just keep doing what we're doing. its just his same old attitude.

Where?

Because he didn't say anything like that on Broncos TV.

On the pre-match interview, clearly it wasn't the right attitude because the players played accordingly but the reason why we fielded the side we did was to give these players a run and try out and experiment with the side.

Last edited:
I've just started watching and I got to say Big Pete, it sounds much like what cammac just said and pretty much what you expect from Griffin, tbh there's nothing to take away from that interview that suggests it's anything different from the last two seasons of meaningless press conferences from him.

We'll learn from that, we will go on doing what we were doing before that. those were his exact words

Not having a go here mate but you distorted the first part and completely made up the second.

we haven't learned anything in two years. we are still playing the same way. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not having a go here mate but you distorted the first part and completely made up the second.

Hardly, he did said they would continue what they were doing before that game, and by the look of that game it couldn't have been much.

Alright, so that was before the game?

Coaching line cliche #6

The important thing is he didn't say it after the game.

Not that it really matters in any case because sprouting cliched lines infront of the media is a total non-issue.

i ​at least expected some genuine emotion.

What you mean emotion like Wayne Bennett used to... i think i saw him show genuine emotion once in his 20 years as Broncos coach.

If people expect coaches to do anything other that spin and PR in pre and post match interviews they are deluding themselves ...

oh apart from Stuart and Toovey who just spend the whole time blaming the ref after a loss.

A coaches true thoughts will be save for the team privately at training and video review sessions ...

What you mean emotion like Wayne Bennett used to... i think i saw him show genuine emotion once in his 20 years as Broncos coach.

Actually with Bennett you can tell in interviews when he is or was emotional even when he wasn't necessarily displaying it on his face but rather from what he said and how he expressed it, with Griffin it's nothing more then the generic you get from him week in and week out.

Don't get me wrong, the standard spins from coaches is to be expected, but with Griffin I have to say they are up there with the most generic you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • eggstar10
  • broncsgoat
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • azza.79
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Astro
  • fizzypool63
  • mieko
  • Tmac
  • Pablo
  • bb_gun
  • Brotherdu
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.