Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are you go Porthoz

DI*VID*ING THE STATE

The Courier-Mail
24 February 2014

Queenslanders are strongly divided on the future of Griffin as coach of the Broncos.
After a 2013 season where the Broncos dropped to an all-time low of 12th place, many were surprised Griffin received a 1-year stay of execution, given his predecessor Ivan Henjak (right) was booted after 1 season missing the finals.
Change.org had 1 petition to sack Griffin (with only 38 signatures) while broncoshq.com had 2198 comments on a post calling for his sacking.

Copyright © 2012 NewspaperDirect Inc.

First BHQ thread mentioned in the media? Hahaha. Yay for the publicity.

Maybe the board will try find their new coach on BHQ because obviously we all know way better than that useless Anthony Griffin, am I right?

Maybe the board will try find their new coach on BHQ because obviously we all know way better than that useless Anthony Griffin, am I right?

Do you live under a rock? None of us are coaches we are the first to admit that, what we realise as fans is what he is and has been doing just isn't working and we need a change,but if you think keeping him is the right way to go then enjoy 10 more years of mediocrity. The Death Knells have sounded hopefully its just a matter of time.

Do you live under a rock? None of us are coaches we are the first to admit that, what we realise as fans is what he is and has been doing just isn't working and we need a change,but if you think keeping him is the right way to go then enjoy 10 more years of mediocrity. The Death Knells have sounded hopefully its just a matter of time.

Not once have I said we need to keep Griffin. But you guys have said the same thing 5 bazillion times. But I'm glad it's being said it the correct thread this time. Excuuuuse me for finally jumping on the sack Griffin bandwagon that has taken over this forum.

You're absolutely right. What the Broncs really need is a brand new gameplay from 'super coach' Griffin. Something along the lines of 5 one out hit ups and a cross field kick / bomb on the 6th.

Then we should maintain a slow, broken defensive line, two of the worst defenders in our back row of ANYONE in the entire NRL and employ slow outside backs and blokes who couldn't find their way to the try line if it were painted bright white.

That is what we appear to need more of before we become a leading NRL club...

Oh and we should refuse to believe for years more that we need to recruit anyone decent because our runner up u21 team from 6 years ago can provide anyone we'll ever need.

So you don't like Griffin but you don't like anyone else saying they don't like him ... and you think Craig Bellamy and Michael Maguire are both untested coaches ...

Not once have I said we need to keep Griffin. But you guys have said the same thing 5 bazillion times. But I'm glad it's being said it the correct thread this time. Excuuuuse me for finally jumping on the sack Griffin bandwagon that has taken over this forum.

This is a forum pal, North Korea is that way ^

You're absolutely right. What the Broncs really need is a brand new gameplay from 'super coach' Griffin. Something along the lines of 5 one out hit ups and a cross field kick / bomb on the 6th.

Then we should maintain a slow, broken defensive line, two of the worst defenders in our back row of ANYONE in the entire NRL and employ slow outside backs and blokes who couldn't find their way to the try line if it were painted bright white.

That is what we appear to need more of before we become a leading NRL club...

Oh and we should refuse to believe for years more that we need to recruit anyone decent because our runner up u21 team from 6 years ago can provide anyone we'll ever need.

That sounds like a stupid idea! Who the shit thought of an idea so stupid? I hope they get sacked. Or do I? Apparently I don't just because I don't like every thread being taken over by the same topic.

So you don't like Griffin but you don't like anyone else saying they don't like him ... and you think Craig Bellamy and Michael Maguire are both untested coaches ...

I haven't said a single word about Craig Bellamy. Not even one. Griffin needs to go but you and everyone else on this forum knows that and knows exactly why.

Can't we all just get along!

Your anti-anti-griffin is on the other extreme. Moderation is a nice thing, no point being sarcastic because you disagree with someone or a theme, argue the post in question.

It's not cheersquadHQ, people are going to rightfully bag a coach when we've played as shit as we have for as long as we have, report posts if you think they're off topic but it's hard for the coaching staff to not be a focal point of discussion when we've come off our worst ever season and followed that up with awful trial form.

This is after all, a thread titled sack Griffin, if you're sick of hearing it then just skip the thread.

I LOVE GRIFFIN!!! Someones gotta be held accountable for this rubbishing of his name. Is the best we've got against him? If I was a woman, I'd be a Griffoupie!!

Again, GRIFFIN IS THE BEST COACH EVEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!

Will I fit in around here?

Your anti-anti-griffin is on the other extreme. Moderation is a nice thing, no point being sarcastic because you disagree with someone or a theme, argue the post in question.

It's not cheersquadHQ, people are going to rightfully bag a coach when we've played as shit as we have for as long as we have, report posts if you think they're off topic but it's hard for the coaching staff to not be a focal point of discussion when we've come off our worst ever season and followed that up with awful trial form.

This is after all, a thread titled sack Griffin, if you're sick of hearing it then just skip the thread.

My anti-Griffin sentiment has been predominantly sarcastic, for today at least. As I said I'm glad they've found the right thread to talk about it in, but my anti-Griffin stance was just as bad as everyone else's has been on here. Only mine has been in 10 posts and everyone else's has been in 500 on every thread. Every single time I've attempted to find other reasons why we have lost because it isn't just Hook and Maranta, and that has been argued by others as I'm wrong because everything is Griffin and Marantas fault and they're the only one's who should be held accountable apparently. I'll stop being facetious and will start reporting things and hopefully the theme around here will change.

My anti-Griffin sentiment has been predominantly sarcastic, for today at least. As I said I'm glad they've found the right thread to talk about it in, but my anti-Griffin stance was just as bad as everyone else's has been on here. Only mine has been in 10 posts and everyone else's has been in 500 on every thread. Every single time I've attempted to find other reasons why we have lost because it isn't just Hook and Maranta, and that has been argued by others as I'm wrong because everything is Griffin and Marantas fault and they're the only one's who should be held accountable apparently. I'll stop being facetious and will start reporting things and hopefully the theme around here will change.

Ultimately the buck stops with Griffin, he formulates the game plans, plays a heavy role in recruitment, chooses his assistant coaching staff to best utilise his strengths and weaknesses, motivates players to get the best out of them, selects the team and the positions. A lot of everything we do falls on him, if players are not performing, drop them, that's his job.

As much as I want him gone, I actually hope we hammer every team we play and everything is all roses.

In one day of courier mail news,

milford could back out

smith staying in melbourne

and Hoffman at 5/8th

this bleeding as to stop. Since when does an origin captain say no to the chance to play for broncos because of the unsettling environment of the broncos? That a young qld gun thinks Canberra is a better option? That a ball hog of a winger is better than any talent that can be found to wear the jersey of Lockyer?

Gone are the days when a qld great would rather sit out for a year to wear the broncos jersey rather than play for any other club any longer

In one day of courier mail news,

milford could back out

smith staying in melbourne

and Hoffman at 5/8th

this bleeding as to stop. Since when does an origin captain say no to the chance to play for broncos because of the unsettling environment of the broncos? That a young qld gun thinks Canberra is a better option? That a ball hog of a winger is better than any talent that can be found to wear the jersey of Lockyer?

Gone are the days when a qld great would rather sit out for a year to wear the broncos jersey rather than play for any other club any longer

I wouldn't read too much into that .. just a journo looking for another angle on yesterday's atrocity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • azza.79
  • TimWhatley
  • BRC088
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Lostboy
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • Elcapitano20
  • mitch222
  • Dreaglor
  • Gaz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
  • Brotherdu
  • Morepudding
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.