Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is his final throw of the dice. Well, I can't see Griffin lasting much longer.

It could be "RIP In Peace" Ben Hunt too, depending on how long this circus goes on for.

Hello Alec,

Could you please elaborate as to exactly what you mean by this statement?

brett thats what i was saying lol

I just articulated and grammar'd the shit out of it for you. :takdir:

Last edited:
Hello Alec,

Could you please elaborate as to exactly what you mean by this statement?

Basically this is likely an insane, but predictable, option if it turns out to be true. Hunt will have added pressure on him and he doesn't seem like he'd be able to handle it.

Basically this is likely an insane, but predictable, option if it turns out to be true. Hunt will have added pressure on him and he doesn't seem like he'd be able to handle it.

Okay, thanks.

Maybe I'm softer than others, but I'd like to give him the whole season to show us what he can do. If I was the Coach, I'd sit down with him and say, "Ben. The #7 jersey is yours for the whole year mate. You tell me who you'd like to partner you in the Halves, but just know that you have the whole year mate. We just want you to play your natural game. Nothing too extravagent, direct the team around, play field position with good kicks to the corners and if you see something - back yourself."

IMO he needs the whole season this year at a minimum.

I'm not against coach Griffin, in fact when he replaced Henjak I was all for it, and he led us to one game within the GF in 2011 so that says something. But the past 2 seasons, including this pre-season has been absolutely unacceptable. Gordon Tallis was right, we are the Brisbane Broncos, we are supposed to be the benchmark in the NRL. That is what Wayne Bennett instilled and that is what us fans expect, true?
But, I watch Griffin's press conferences, and it looks like he doesn't have a care or worry in the world. We don't need a coach who blows up at anything & everything every 5 minutes, it's good to have a cool, calm demeanour and unshakeable confidence, but Griffin just looks uninterested. I don't know, I watched his interview after the Warriors demolition job on us last weekend and he dead set to me looks uninterested. He doesn't look to have any concerns. No passion, no desire, nothing. Can't he come out and just say that was total rubbish and I am disappointed in my players and sorry to the fans for that disgusting display, but we'll get it right this season, I promise you that!!!
Can't he give us fans some sort of hope, somehow?!!?!

I'm not against coach Griffin, in fact when he replaced Henjak I was all for it, and he led us to one game within the GF in 2011 so that says something. But the past 2 seasons, including this pre-season has been absolutely unacceptable. Gordon Tallis was right, we are the Brisbane Broncos, we are supposed to be the benchmark in the NRL. That is what Wayne Bennett instilled and that is what us fans expect, true?
But, I watch Griffin's press conferences, and it looks like he doesn't have a care or worry in the world. We don't need a coach who blows up at anything & everything every 5 minutes, it's good to have a cool, calm demeanour and unshakeable confidence, but Griffin just looks uninterested. I don't know, I watched his interview after the Warriors demolition job on us last weekend and he dead set to me looks uninterested. He doesn't look to have any concerns. No passion, no desire, nothing. Can't he come out and just say that was total rubbish and I am disappointed in my players and sorry to the fans for that disgusting display, but we'll get it right this season, I promise you that!!!
Can't he give us fans some sort of hope, somehow?!!?!

Doubt so mate, especially when he said we don't need a wake up call, not very reassuring.

Barba n Hoffman BS is probably only until Kahu is back.
By which time Hook could be gone

Doubt so mate, especially when he said we don't need a wake up call, not very reassuring.

He actually said we don't need a wake up call?!
What planet is Anthony Griffin living on?!

He actually said we don't need a wake up call?!
What planet is Anthony Griffin living on?!

"I don't know if we need wake up calls but everyone is very disappointed by the way we finished our last trial.' from the brisbane times.

I've been on the side of Griffin for a while but I'm starting to slip towards the against side after our performance on Sunday. The performance was Broncoball 2013 all over again and didn't show any improvement in any regard from last year.

This is seriously make or break stuff now for him if he can't get results or any improvement he should step aside or be sacked.

Reactions: Dee
I don't know if we needs wake up calls and everybody is disappointed is a fair bit different to saying we don't need wake up calls.

I'm completely fine with giving the guy rubbish for his insipid coaching but putting words in his mouth is a bit far, even slanderous?

I don't know if we needs wake up calls and everybody is disappointed is a fair bit different to saying we don't need wake up calls.

I'm completely fine with giving the guy rubbish for his insipid coaching but putting words in his mouth is a bit far, even slanderous?

haha what rubbish, they are one and the same.

If we aren't a top 4 team by Round 12, Griffin should step down as coach effective immediately.

If we aren't a top 4 team by Round 12, Griffin should step down as coach effective immediately.

Way to set a reasonable goal, top 4 without our best attacking weapon and a completely untried halves combination. Shouldn't be too hard.

we'd have to be 12th or below for griffin to go.

to be honest i'd be happy if we were around the edge of the 8. thats about the best we can hope for at this stage.

actually i'd be happy if we werent playing griffinball

we'd have to be 12th or below for griffin to go.

to be honest i'd be happy if we were around the edge of the 8. thats about the best we can hope for at this stage.

actually i'd be happy if we werent playing griffinball

Even if we do finish in the lower part of the top 8, do we really have anything on the horizon to improve on this? is milford really going to be the spark to get us into the top 4? i really don't think he is and i don't think we have a chance of securing anyone half decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Financeguy
  • Morkel
  • Dreaglor
  • NSW stables
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Dash
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.