Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flip side is -- if he brings Kevvie, Boyd, Gagai, B.Scott and J. Smith to the Broncs, and cleans out the deadwood like Gillet, Glenn, Hoffman, macca etc - then the broncs could easily win it 2015 as well.

Jeremy Smith will be 35 years old in 2015, i don't think he will be quite what we are looking for. You are also replacing McCullough with either a fullback, centre or backrower?

Its safe to say that Boyd wouldnt be far behind where ever Bennett lands.

Bennett has good incentive to stay at the Knights in 2015.

From what I have read Bennett has 2,500,000 good reasons to honour his contract each and every year, which is potentially why Tinkler might entertain releasing him, if the reported financial issues are true.

Bennett is obviously on a completely different level to Griffin. That said, I don't really want him back as head coach, but coaching director or some other role would be fine.

Don't think Hoffman would be too keen for this though. I mean, he already has Barba and Milford ahead of him now, doubt he'd want Boyd too.

From what I have read Bennett has 2,500,000 good reasons to honour his contract each and every year, which is potentially why Tinkler might entertain releasing him, if the reported financial issues are true.

Bennett is obviously on a completely different level to Griffin. That said, I don't really want him back as head coach, but coaching director or some other role would be fine.

Don't think Hoffman would be too keen for this though. I mean, he already has Barba and Milford ahead of him now, doubt he'd want Boyd too.

well boyd is going into the halves at the knights this year I'm pretty sure, so could possibly have a boyd milford pairing instead of hunt. but truly we will just be a team of fullbacks.

well boyd is going into the halves at the knights this year I'm pretty sure, so could possibly have a boyd milford pairing instead of hunt. but truly we will just be a team of fullbacks.

Maybe we just need a change of game plans with our all fullback team. Like, we could bring back the kicking duel. Advantage team fullbacks!

Last edited by a moderator:
"I don't know if we need wake up calls but everyone is very disappointed by the way we finished our last trial.' from the brisbane times.

they should also be disappointed in how they started the trial

oh, and the middle was **** too

i think the situation the broncos are in now would be an enticing challenge for bennett. remember he went to the dragons who had a solid squad but kept under performing and took them to a premiership. he's done the same going to the knights (although without any real success yet). but the broncos is someone who he'd still be passionate about and seeing them flounder would probably hurt him a bit.

Wait our Origin forward pack, dally m winning fullback, wingers and centres who represent their countries aren't a solid squad who are under-performing? Right..

I know l'll get slaughtered for this thought but as much as we are all stunned by that trial, let's not forget Hook was in charge of the 9's team that was very creative and desperate in defense. It is possible that the last trial was just a combination of flatness, tiredness and draining from conditioning. I don't think it's all doom and gloom, yet.

I know l'll get slaughtered for this thought but as much as we are all stunned by that trial, let's not forget Hook was in charge of the 9's team that was very creative and desperate in defense. It is possible that the last trial was just a combination of flatness, tiredness and draining from conditioning. I don't think it's all doom and gloom, yet.

Let's not also forget he was in charge of our 2012 and 2013 teams. You know, the comps that really matter and that he has massively underachieved in.

we were hardly creative in the 9's.

Let's not also forget he was in charge of our 2012 and 2013 teams. You know, the comps that really matter and that he has massively underachieved in.

Let's also remember he was in charge of the 2011 season. You know, the comp we were 1 win away from the Grand Final in?

Wait our Origin forward pack, dally m winning fullback, wingers and centres who represent their countries aren't a solid squad who are under-performing? Right..

you're kidding right? seriously it means sweet fa to represent eng or nz these days. and by origin forward pack you mean thaiday and parker. get a grip.

Let's also remember he was in charge of the 2011 season. You know, the comp we were 1 win away from the Grand Final in?

so 1 year where henjak was in charge of all bar 2 weeks of the preseason, we had Darren lockyer, we had no stephen kearney appointed by hook undoes his 2 terrible years which includes the worst season in the clubs history? yeah i think not.

you're kidding right? seriously it means sweet fa to represent eng or nz these days. and by origin forward pack you mean thaiday and parker. get a grip.

Ben Hannant and Matt Gillett too mate. But yeah I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, sorry.

so 1 year where henjak was in charge of all bar 2 weeks of the preseason, we had Darren lockyer, we had no stephen kearney appointed by hook undoes his 2 terrible years which includes the worst season in the clubs history? yeah i think not.

No but it's easy to make someone look bad when you only point out the bad things they've done. You're right, Griffin did nothing in 2011.

I have this crazy memory of Gillett and Hannant both playing origin... I'm obviously wrong, but isn't funny how your mind can play tricks on you.

I have this crazy memory of Gillett and Hannant both playing origin... I'm obviously wrong, but isn't funny how your mind can play tricks on you.

So that's 4 out of 6 players who regularly play Origin. Stagg played too but he doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sanjit Joseph
  • Painin the Haas
  • Scorchie
  • easybreezy
  • Splinter
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.