Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

I've always thought it just a matter of course that Wayne Bennett would return to the Broncos when he's done playing 'hired gun' down south ... I don't think he'll return as a coach but I'm pretty certain there'll be a role for him at the club.

Having Bennett back at the club in any role is worth it to attract players to come here again.

Get Kevvie Walters too, it's not like there's a salary cap for coaches and staff.

I don't understand the appeal of Kevvie.

Other than he's a Bronco great.

He was pretty terrible during his one and only first grade stint in the ESL.

matt johns has the worst rumours of the lot. im positive he just straight out makes up 90% of them.
he does, every day there's a "mate, I'm hearing...". He seems to be going down the route of a shock jock, or at least an NRL version of it. Some of the stuff he says about players during calls for triplem can be pretty disrespectful and then there's the farah incident of last season as well.

Matt Johns just mentioned that he's heard a strong rumour that Wayne Bennett is heading back to the Broncos

Probably because Tinkler doesn't pay people on time.

Get Kevvie Walters too, it's not like there's a salary cap for coaches and staff.

No to Kevin Walters.

We need people who haven't played for us. Or until all the players they knew at the club have left.

I'd love to see them bring Bennett back to the club to take on Cyril Connell's role of player identification, scholarship and development.

I'd love to see them bring Bennett back to the club to take on Cyril Connell's role of player identification, scholarship and development.

Also, this is precisely what we need. But with someone to draw out the potential. It's what makes Melbourne such a fantastic team. Great youth selection and good player development. I think there is a psychological aspect too. Bellamy somehow motivates players (often unheard of) to play out of their skins. E.g. Will Chambers, Justin O'Neill, Adam Blair, Matt Duffie (even Smith, Cronk and Slater)

That is what Bennet got out of guys like Walters and Langer with a fantastic selector like Connell.

But I don't think the "sack Griffin" idea has merit yet. He is just starting as an NRL 1st Grade coach. Don't really think many coaches can say they have done superbly in their first 3 years.

No I'm certainly not in the "sack Griffin" camp. At the very least we need to see this whole season play itself out before we can assess how Griffin is going.

Just out of curiosity what is the lowest the broncos have ever finished?

We aren't doing too bad then hey

Yes, over 25 seasons that is a proud record to have and we can put that season down to Ivan.

Yes, over 25 seasons that is a proud record to have and we can put that season down to Ivan.
well and injuries. mainly injuries id say. no hodges for the entire year and lockyer was out for the last few games where we really only needed to win 1 match and we make the finals.

I can't agree with that.

TBH ......I blame Bennett just as much as anyone else for some of our earlier recruitment and retention failures.

Brisbane Broncos chief executive Paul White has thrown full support behind coach Anthony Griffin to serve out his NRL contract amid speculation mastercoach Wayne Bennett wants to return to the Broncos next season.

Rugby league circles have been buzzing about the prospect Bennett will leave Newcastle next year because of the club's financial concerns with owner Nathan Tinkler and would look to return home to family in Brisbane.

The Cinderella story had been for Bennett to groom club legend Darren Lockyer into a future head coach, but the retired five-eighth has thus far opted to forge a successful post-playing career in the media and other business interests.

The suggestions going around now are that Bennett will return to the Broncos and help develop one of his former premiership stars, like current NRL assistants Kevin Walters or Terry Matterson, into the head coach.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...turn-to-the-club/story-fn2mcuj6-1226601354337

Brisbane Broncos chief executive Paul White has thrown full support behind coach Anthony Griffin to serve out his NRL contract amid speculation mastercoach Wayne Bennett wants to return to the Broncos next season.

Rugby league circles have been buzzing about the prospect Bennett will leave Newcastle next year because of the club's financial concerns with owner Nathan Tinkler and would look to return home to family in Brisbane.

The Cinderella story had been for Bennett to groom club legend Darren Lockyer into a future head coach, but the retired five-eighth has thus far opted to forge a successful post-playing career in the media and other business interests.

The suggestions going around now are that Bennett will return to the Broncos and help develop one of his former premiership stars, like current NRL assistants Kevin Walters or Terry Matterson, into the head coach.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...turn-to-the-club/story-fn2mcuj6-1226601354337

So is that like having 'the full support of the board'?

haha seriously though even if he was coming back as if thee club would confirm it 3 weeks into the current season...we are not the dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • ostin86
  • theshed
  • bert_lifts
  • LGH
  • broncoscope
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Tmac
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.