Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

If this group had an off season under Craig Bellamy and locked in his systems and methods, they'd be a 65% winning team ... May not win the comp but they'd win at that clip during the reg season IMO

I'm convinced there's no improvement in this team under Griffin, we will never be premiership contenders under him so I hope the club is looking for new coach.

It's not just Griffin that concerns me, we need a serious shakeup of the player roster to make any real change too.

At this point, I'd take Wayne Bennett back in a heart beat

I agree and while we're at it
we need at least one play maker on the field lets buy a real five eight and half back combo

I don't know whether it's the coaches or players fault. One or both need a shake up. To be held to 0 tonight with as much ball and field possession as the broncos had is a disgrace. Defence was ok, but if you can't score any points at all, then what hope do you have of winning?

Sign widdop and Dugan. Just do it I don't f*** ing care how they do it just do it!

Leave Norman in Sydney, ill pay his cab fare to Ricky's house... If they still want him

Sad thing is if we don't get a coach in who is capable of making tough calls to the player roster and how we play our football nothing changes, this will remain.

I'll take a different angle. It's Andrew Gee. Fire the fat bastard. How Wallace kept getting his deal extended is a scandal!
Yeah he should share the blame too, doubt he will, there would be only one head on the chopping block.

It's not just Griffin that concerns me, we need a serious shakeup of the player roster to make any real change too.

See that's the thing, Griffin won't do it.

They play like shit & are still picked.

Stagg at centre....yep, I want griffin gone at the end of the year. He's not a good coach. We almost have the worst squad in the league though, so that doesn't help, but he's got nothing.

Look at Melbourne - structure, depth, support play, BUT It's not just Bellamy, it's Smith and Cronk as well. They keep it together. They make it happen.

We have nobody.

And the shallow flat attack has been the basic flaw in this side for years. Griffin clearly has no idea how to create structure. But then, even if he did, there's no-one on field to keep it together and direct the play.

As GCB said, it's not just Griffin, it's the roster

I didn't see Hook miss a takle tonight. However very ordinary. I hope the Broncos players have a good look at themselves. There was very slow ball play with line speed, none existant. I absolutey love the Broncos and will be shity until next week. It is up to Hook to make the necessary replacements. Time for some left of the field new blood. Timu is a certainty. Broncos new a winger so any Q Cup wingers who want there moment; here your time. Grab it. Now is your chance.

I'll take a different angle. It's Andrew Gee. Fire the fat bastard. How Wallace kept getting his deal extended is a scandal!

Who have we got to replace Wallace, players aren't rushing to sign with us.

On the field effort I don't blame Griffin, however bad the gameplan the players still have to be held accountable for their effort, but the tactics we continue to use, the player selection, our player retaining and signing system is dismal and thats where he needs to be held responsible and Gee has ownership as well.

For the sake of future version of ourselves I'll re-iterate what I said in the post match discussion.

He deserves to be held accountable for our on-field performances and our personnel problem.

However, he also deserves an opportunity to fix it.

Unless Bellamy wants to return here or perhaps Uncle Wayne, I don't see any point in sacking him just yet.

Yep. Give him till September. If the Broncos don't make the 8, gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • Kev_Guz
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.