Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

Bellamy's signed a contract through til 2016 so we're shit out of luck there.

Some kind of cruel joke that Griffin and Wallace got upgrades just before the shit hit the fan last year.

I'll take a different angle. It's Andrew Gee. Fire the fat bastard. How Wallace kept getting his deal extended is a scandal!

Yes....I've said this several times. Glad to have you on-board. :thumbup1:

Yep. Give him till September. If the Broncos don't make the 8, gone

See, I think that's pretty rough.

Unless we finish the season like the Warriors did last year, on-field performances shouldn't get him sacked this year.

However, if he continues to deceive himself and believe that our squad in it's current shape is good enough then yes, it's time to go.

The problem is that we have a defensive coach and a defensive assistant coach. Who is coaching the players attacking plays? I doubt anyone is. Hook had Lockyer who did the coaching when he played but now he has Wallace and Prince. Hook won't get the sack his best mate is the CEO. At least we defended reasonably well I suppose. I think the drums will be beating loudly after we lose the next few on the trot.

Well he's gone then. We are playing exactly the same as the second half of last year and he doesn't have Origin to blame, or maybe this is the longest post Origin syndrome we've had yet.

If you think conservative and train conservative then you get this shite. The positives are our effort in D and our ability to get inside 20.

I just don't get how we don't have a couple of moves for inside 20, not even someone running a good line at space between defenders like Maloney did.
Our only hope of scoring atm is if someone trips over.

The problem is that we have a defensive coach and a defensive assistant coach. Who is coaching the players attacking plays? I doubt anyone is.

That's how it looks. I don't know what they are doing to sort shit out but it's been really average for a long time now.

Brisbane used to be a club that was a leader in innovative attacking plays. Now we look completely lost with the ball in out hands.

We just aren't getting deep enough and what's compounding that is the shit service from dummy half.

Either the player combinations aren't right or the training's not right but.......something has to change.

I can live with not making the 8 on the odd occasion if I feel like the club is headed in the right direction. As it stand now I feel like we need a Panthers type clean out of the club. Some players are getting paid way overs. We wouldn't want to re-sign Reed either. Hook and his game plan is shit. If we had a star or 2 it could work because we could back the stars to get us points but at present we have nobody.

That's how it looks. I don't know what they are doing to sort **** out but it's been really average for a long time now.

Brisbane used to be a club that was a leader in innovative attacking plays. Now we look completely lost with the ball in out hands.

We just aren't getting deep enough and what's compounding that is the **** service from dummy half.

Either the player combinations aren't right or the training's not right but.......something has to change.

Despite our differences on various points I totally agree with you here.

It's not even about making the eight, I've actually been disappointed at times when we have made the eight then when haven't, this season however looms as probably my most disappointing one yet, now I see a side that seems intent on playing the most mediocre style of football in the modern game, a club gone from being up there with the likes of the Raiders as being the standard setters as just a side that is largely there to make up the numbers, Darren's departure can't even be an excuse, the clubs vision was so narrow for his longterm replacement it assumed that as long as we played a 2000 style forward pack our average spine would get the job done, except we have been found severely wanting and we dont even have the strikepower in the backline to get us out of trouble.

I can live with not making the 8 on the odd occasion if I feel like the club is headed in the right direction. As it stand now I feel like we need a Panthers type clean out of the club. Some players are getting paid way overs. We wouldn't want to re-sign Reed either. Hook and his game plan is shit. If we had a star or 2 it could work because we could back the stars to get us points but at present we have nobody.

I thought after Reeds first season that he was just an average footballer.......he's not the future and serious money shouldn't be wasted on him.

Three years on I feel just the same, cept I'm a little more cynical.

Make the 8 or not, unless something changes griffin needs to go. Making the 8 is no achievement when you are just making up the numbers like we have in the past. Just because you made the finals it doesn't mean it's a successful season and that everyone's jobs should be safe. If it takes missing the 8 to get things shaken up then I hope we get the wooden spoon. We need big changes, have for 5+ years. I thought griffin might've had the balls to do it, but it seems he's just gone into his shell and is copying Bennetts old broncos recruitment and game plans.

I don't mind how the players played last week or tonight. They are trying hard. So, whats the problem? Griffin.

Last year at the back end of the season, it was plain to see we were struggling offensively.Griffin had an entire off-season to fix this, bring in an offensive co-ordinator or something. However, new season and nothing has changed offensively. If Griffin can't make the changes to make this talented side a successful side, then we need to bring in someone who can.

Trying isn't everything. Sometimes you just aren't good enough. Don't get me wrong, Griffin seems like a clueless attacking coach, but our team just isn't very good this year. And Griffin tries to cover it up by having everyone put on bulk and be almost identical to each other in playing style.

i'm sure i've said this before (possibly when referring to our halves). but there needs to be someone better available or there is no point sacking Griffin.

The way they bulk is wrong anyway. They are told to eat whatever they want long as they put on the weight. That's what we call a dirty bulk. During this process they will put on more fat than muscle. Professional athletes should always count their calories and macros intake.

Andrew Gee, Paul White, Coach

So who's at fault?
This is the squad that the coach wanted so you can't blame Gee or White.

RE: Sack Griffin

I'm sure they do body fat tests? Surely when they want them to gain weight they mean muscle mass, not just scale weight .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Foordy
  • mrtij
  • Skyblues87
  • Tmac
  • Xzei
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
  • Shane Tronc
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Rambstien
  • BruiserMk1
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.