Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sack Griffin

Getting Bennett doesn't solve our problems.

Re: Sack Griffin

Getting Bennett doesn't solve our problems.

Not but it doesn't f***ing hurt us does it.

No offence but I just don't understand that comment.

Bennett: "Hi Paul, I wanted to discuss returning to the broncos in some sort of director of coaching capacity to oversee the current set up and maybe mentor someone like lockyer into coaching"

Paul White: "Oh FFS Bennett we have to find a decent half and/or fullback and change nearly our whole team to cater to the whims of our fanbase, I can't talk about this now"

Last edited:

Brisbane Broncos chief executive Paul White has thrown full support behind coach Anthony Griffin to serve out his NRL contract amid speculation mastercoach Wayne Bennett wants to return to the Broncos next season.

If I was Hook, I would be looking for a new job ASAP.

I don't want WB back to the club in any capacity.

Last edited:

If I was Hook, I would be looking for a new job ASAP.

I don't want WB back to the club in any capacity.

Yeah his proven success and ability to attract quality players to the club would be a real hinderence

Yeah his proven success and ability to attract quality players to the club would be a real hinderence

Players these days only care about the money they will be getting, not the coach.

Players these days only care about the money they will be getting, not the coach.

I don't think thats true in all cases, but even if it is. "Hmmm I can get 500k at the dragons and get coached by steve price (not the good steve price) or can get 500k at the broncos and get coached by Bennett.... wow so hard to decide..."

there are alot of players who have get-out clauses in their contracts if the coach leaves/quits/is fired.

Sack Griffin

Happy to have Bennett back at the club but not as head coach.

there are alot of players who have get-out clauses in their contracts if the coach leaves/quits/is fired.

And how many have taken up that option in their contract.

None to my knowledge.

And how many have taken up that option in their contract.

None to my knowledge.

Usually depends on the incoming coach. There's probably not many coaches a player would refuse to play under.

Anyway, I think we need to get Bennett back. To play fullback.

Not but it doesn't f***ing hurt us does it.

No offence but I just don't understand that comment.

Bennett: "Hi Paul, I wanted to discuss returning to the broncos in some sort of director of coaching capacity to oversee the current set up and maybe mentor someone like lockyer into coaching"

Paul White: "Oh FFS Bennett we have to find a decent half and/or fullback and change nearly our whole team to cater to the whims of our fanbase, I can't talk about this now"

You love to have a rant don't you. I am not saying I don't want Bennett back what I am saying is he won't solve all our problems. I don't think getting him back as head coach is an ideal scenario either.

I agree with Beads, I definitely don't want Bennett back as head coach, he's a great coach but both sides have moved on from that part of history.
I wouldn't mind him back in some capacity but not as head coach.

You love to have a rant don't you. I am not saying I don't want Bennett back what I am saying is he won't solve all our problems. I don't think getting him back as head coach is an ideal scenario either.

Firstly im not ranting imm joking around, i dont know why everyone is so serious on here. Secondly all I was trying to say was I couldnt see how that the whole 'he wont fix all our problems' was relevant, no one had claimed that he would. Having back in some capacity is unrelated to the problems with our team. It's like someone says cooper cronk is gonna stay with the storm and someone else goes thats not going to help the property market

Firstly im not ranting imm joking around, i dont know why everyone is so serious on here.

Think it's just how you phrase your opinions sometimes. Sarcastic and snarky sometimes.

Think it's just how you phrase your opinions sometimes. Sarcastic and snarky sometimes.

fair point ill take on board

*nods approvingly*

My work here is done. *flies away*

*flies back*

My favourite aspect of Hook's time in the NYC is that he learned his lessons and was able to come up with good solutions. I remember in 2009 for example, the NYC team was desperate for a fullback. I reckon they tried everyone there until they gave it to a young up and coming half in Todd Murphy. I liked Todd as a player, was never going to become a superstar first grader, but he applied himself really well and his support play was really good. Suffice to say, we went from looking like wooden spooners to becoming true premiership contenders (we beat the runners up in the final but the flawed system saw us eliminated in the prelims against the eventual premiers - Melbourne) and it was moves like that which really won Hook a lot of acclaim.

His work with the likes of McCullough, Tariq, Glenn, Gagai (crazy hey) in the NYC was also really good.

One issue that's always been consistent is his sub-par offensive strategy. I reckon we've shown some good signs early that we're looking to fix that but it's an area that even in the 20s he always played the percentages.

Alright, I'm on this bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • Nerd
  • whykickamoocow
  • TimWhatley
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Pablo
  • Morkel
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manifesto
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.