Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

I don't know if it's a coaching thing or a fatigue thing to be honest.

You see players support each other from time to time, but it's rarely consistently.

Honestly don't know what the deal is, the boys looked really unfit on Saturday.

We did this in two games late last year and looked really good early on in them. It's a good idea. But Hook doesn't like good ideas.

"Hmm, the boys seems to be attacking well - better drill that out of them."

C'mon mate, of course the forwards are doing fine. They are not perfect at this stage but they are doing their job. Their role of getting the team moving forward and field position is what they are doing (along with a good kicking game of Wallace to point) with the effort of the backs (or lack thereof) just not finishing it off. Having multiple sets of six on an oppositions line and not converting isn't the forwards fault.

I too aren't blaming just one or two players or the coach as it is a team effort but i do agree, the play the ball area is to slow and is something they need to work on and quickly, but the backs need to work on a whole lot more at this stage. Starting with the basics....depth.

Macca at lock............

I don't know if it's a coaching thing or a fatigue thing to be honest.

You see players support each other from time to time, but it's rarely consistently.

Honestly don't know what the deal is, the boys looked really unfit on Saturday.

Yeah quite sad really. Even the Roosters made twice as many tackles they still looked full of energy. And we were the ones looking out on our feet

mccullough at lock.....lol.
Excellent argument AP, as usual!

Snigger .......you were doing well up until this point Porthoz. :tongue_smilie:
Why not?
He's big enough, is an excellent defender, and has ball playing and kicking skills which could come in very handy. What does Glenn Stewart have that Macca doesn't?

Okay, he may not be the most impressive guy for a hit-up, but neither are Dallas Johnson, Shaun Fensom, Elijah Taylor, Jamie Buhrer, Glenn Stewart or even Ashley Harrison. Still those guys do a pretty good job in the position...

I'd rather keep McCullough at hooker and send Wallace to the knackery.

Excellent argument AP, as usual!

Why not?
He's big enough, is an excellent defender, and has ball playing and kicking skills which could come in very handy. What does Glenn Stewart have that Macca doesn't?

Okay, he may not be the most impressive guy for a hit-up, but neither are Dallas Johnson, Shaun Fensom, Elijah Taylor, Jamie Buhrer, Glenn Stewart or even Ashley Harrison. Still those guys do a pretty good job in the position...

MacTurd can't ball play. I'm still yet to see MacTurd suck in two defenders and put a player away. Give me Glenn Stewart any day.. even days that end in y

MacTurd can't ball play. I'm still yet to see MacTurd suck in two defenders and put a player away. Give me Glenn Stewart any day.. even days that end in y
As much as I hate the guy, Glenn Stewart is probably the best lock in the game.
Regardless, that's not an argument against putting Macca at lock, especially not if we can get Wallace to deliver a much better service from dummy half.

As much as I hate the guy, Glenn Stewart is probably the best lock in the game.
Regardless, that's not an argument against putting Macca at lock, especially not if we can get Wallace to deliver a much better service from dummy half.

He is good, but then his team makes him look good and he returns the favour

stewart has vision.

something macca has nothing of.

stewart has vision.

YES, he is given enough room to move so all he sees is not the back of his team mates or the hit of the defence

He is good, but then his team makes him look good and he returns the favour
Yeah, that's always the case. Look at how ordinary the Storm made Thurston look, and how absolutely average guys look like world beaters in Melbourne.

YES, he is given enough room to move so all he sees is not the back of his team mates or the hit of the defence

What you think is going wrong then bro? Care to elaborate?

stewart has vision.

Still not the lock's main task, but I've seen Macca doing good stuff too... on occasion. :001_rolleyes:

What you think is going wrong then bro? Care to elaborate?

hahahaha. I think I have in nearly every post! We have inherited a flat structure de facto, in fact no space or depth by inept coaching that relied for too long on the individual brilliance of stars

Now, ther is only half a star - Hodges

and how well do we let the ball do the work?

How often do we give say, Gillett the ball with metres of space in front of him, or Glenn?

SInce Lockyer left, bugger all

Last edited:

hahahaha. I think I have in nearly every post! We have inherited a flat structure de facto, in fact no space or depth by inept coaching that relied for too long on the individual brilliance of stars

Now, ther is only half a star - Hodges

and how well do we let the ball do the work?

How often do we give say, Gillett the ball with metres of space in front of him, or Glenn?

SInce Lockyer left, bugger all

Haha I just wanted you to write another essay.
But let's be serious here for a sec. I dont think our forwards really get us on a roll. They don't really poke their heads through the line which allows quick play the balls. We don't have a quick dummy half to take advantage of it anyways. Also, our forwards are too unfit to run decoys.
The best way to create space is to get the defensive line back pedalling. We need to punch holes in the defensive line before spreading it. We have to earn the right to spread it.

Haha I just wanted you to write another essay.
But let's be serious here for a sec. I dont think our forwards really get us on a roll. They don't really poke their heads through the line which allows quick play the balls. We don't have a quick dummy half to take advantage of it anyways. Also, our forwards are too unfit to run decoys.
The best way to create space is to get the defensive line back pedalling. We need to punch holes in the defensive line before spreading it. We have to earn the right to spread it.

I totally agree. At the same, it also comes down, as most things do, to timing. Our forwards need to time their runs better And have support AND look to offload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.