Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

You guys are making things far to complicated.

It's simple, if we score more points than the other team we will win.

Last edited:

Haha I just wanted you to write another essay.
But let's be serious here for a sec. I dont think our forwards really get us on a roll. They don't really poke their heads through the line which allows quick play the balls. We don't have a quick dummy half to take advantage of it anyways. Also, our forwards are too unfit to run decoys.
The best way to create space is to get the defensive line back pedalling. We need to punch holes in the defensive line before spreading it. We have to earn the right to spread it.
Wow, this is like... Your best post ever on BHQ! :thumbup1:

Hook needs to change his coaching style before we consider moving players around. We need to stop running one out and play like we did against the Bulldogs and Storm last year. Players in motion baby. If that fails then we can move McCullough to lock.

Hook needs to change his coaching style before we consider moving players around. We need to stop running one out and play like we did against the Bulldogs and Storm last year. Players in motion baby. If that fails then we can move McCullough to lock.

nah, if players in motion doesn't work, let's deploy the Flying V.

Sack Griffin

nah, if players in motion doesn't work, let's deploy the Flying V.

We'd have to sign Joshua Jackson before we could do that.

The thing I don't understand is why we went away from this style of play, it was working so well for us when we pushed the top 2 teams right down to the wire.

The thing I don't understand is why we went away from this style of play, it was working so well for us when we pushed the top 2 teams right down to the wire.

I couldn't work out why we went away from it in the games themselves. Worked great for the first 20-30 minutes, then they went back to their one out rubbish and got run down.

Is it fitness? Belief? Lack of leadership? Lack of brains? All of the above?

I'm guessing it was because we lost, and Griffin decided to go back to what was familiar. And then we barely beat the Panthers, so I guess he decided to stick with it.

The team could have really trained for it during the off-season. Work on their skills instead of working on size. I mean look at the Bulldogs halves. Keating is worse than Wallace. Josh Reynolds is full of heart and has a very good running game, but he isn't really a ball player either. And they still make do even with that.

Maybe the players took it upon themselves for those two games .... denied coaches orders ??

In any case, that style needs to come back.

We're getting killed in the forwards when they run one out.

I'm guessing it was because we lost, and Griffin decided to go back to what was familiar. And then we barely beat the Panthers, so I guess he decided to stick with it.

The team could have really trained for it during the off-season. Work on their skills instead of working on size. I mean look at the Bulldogs halves. Keating is worse than Wallace. Josh Reynolds is full of heart and has a very good running game, but he isn't really a ball player either. And they still make do even with that.

The thing with the Bulldogs is that their halves don't really need to be world beaters while their forwards are doing such a great job.

They play off the back of quick play the balls and feed the ball wide to their good finishers.

Reynolds however is quickly becoming more of a ballplayer .... he will be something special if he stays with the Bulldogs for a few more years.

reynolds desperation and desire is what is making him such a great competitor something many of the broncos are lacking.

Hasler (like Bellamy) coach a team, they create a team, they give everyone a job, and everyone works together so it all come together, the main thing being let the ball do the work, and have the players in the right places for that to happen

One day, the Broncos might get a coach who understands the basics of football, not footbrawl.

Maybe Hook should watch a game of top grade soccer and see what it means to let the ball do the work, and what support play is all about

Last edited:

Stay of execution?

Tonight's improvement might just prove to be like what we saw against the Bulldogs last year and disappear for all we know...

Stay of execution?

Tonight's improvement might just prove to be like what we saw against the Bulldogs last year and disappear for all we know...
Let's hope it doesn't disappear. If we play like we did tonight we will win more than we lose

I need to see the game.. But I knew we would get close to winning tonight.

I need to see the game.. But I knew we would get close to winning tonight.
Yeah man, we know you're god's gift to humanity when it comes to rugby league. :001_rolleyes:

Yeah man, we know you're god's gift to humanity when it comes to rugby league. :001_rolleyes:

Thank you. I'm glad you're finally coming around. You should post more about MacTurd going to lock LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.